Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Did Dallas HOH release them? Any info? I didnt think they had any in TX. The phones are off the hook or keep going to fax.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DublBagn

2) only sneakerheads are out there to buy these 3) why not release more and make more money?..... At this point if they released 250k pairs worldwide they would sell out and resale prices would still be high.... Seems to me that Nikes old business model made more sense, seed these shoes with almost zero prior knowledge to a few shops, personally deliver X amount of pairs to trendsetters, tastemakers, athletes and entertainers and let the sneaker heads and early adopters have "something different" that sets the trend for the general public.  I can guarantee this Galaxy release does not give any non sneaker head any type of incentive to go out and purchase a different pair of Foams or any Nike for that matter.

This release ain't about making money bro.  If that were the case, they'd be on NDC where there's no middle man and they can break off 100% of the profits instead of selling wholesale to a retailer at 55% of MSRP.  And surely you don't really believe that only sneakerheads are out to cop; I would venture that of the campers, the majority are amateur resellers, a fair amount of hypebeasts and a few devoted sneaker heads.  NSW in particular is driven by the hype machine; when is the last time you've ever seen ANY marketing for a Nike Retro? 

There's no going back to the quickstrike because it's just not possible anymore.  We live in the instant age, with blogs and social media and even ancient old Niketalk always getting the jump on unreleased product.  While it would be nice for more pairs to be floating out to make an easier cop, the demand isn't going down for the sneaks anytime soon.

Originally Posted by SOSAIII

Did Dallas HOH release them? Any info? I didnt think they had any in TX. The phones are off the hook or keep going to fax.
mad.gif

I think they sold out I drove by there last night and it was about 30 cars over there and they were not letting them line up yet 
I think it went smooth my friend was out the getting the dave whites and said eveybody was not out there for the foams

Originally Posted by Fordycal

How is it that Nice Kicks releases always seem to go off without 1 problem every time? Maybe other stores should take notes.

One of the Footlockers I go to is separate from a mall, and has one door for an entrance. People know to line up. They hand out sizes in order of the line and once they're out of that size, they're out.

The problem with malls I've seen is the vast amount of doors and how they don't want you interfering with other customers. So they don't want you camping out, so chaos results in the parking lot and a bunch of people just standing around. When they open the mall, they open the mall, so people are at every door trying to get in the mall. They don't open a specific door. Nothing is organized or planned. Then you have several stores who aren't working together. Stores have people lining up, and don't tell them we only have 20 pair.

If this keeps happening I suspect cities and malls will have to either start planning better or they'll start complaining to Nike.

They're using a great deal of police and man hours to handle issues the mall should and it's starting to happen on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

^I thought HOH handed out tickets earlier in the week for them.
Maybe I'm not to sure, asked my boy and he said they didn't get them but who knows.

Just got back from HOH SouthCenter. Basically, it was madness.

Security and cops made us stand on the sidewalk across the parking lot from the HOH entrance, then made us run across when they honked a horn. Everyone kept going into the parking lot multiple times before the horn and kept getting pushed back to the sidewalk. When we finally ran, some dude actually fell and dropped a gun, and another dude who paid a couple people to run for him tried to sneak up to the front and got pulled out by the cops, got hit a couple times, then got thrown to the ground and maced. I watched it happen. It was ridiculous. I was about midway through the line and the cops kept yelling to back up, so I stepped out of the line to help the cops, tried to get back in and people were saying I was cutting. Had to go to the end, missed out on any shoe, then went to the champs on the north side of the mall to try to get the other shoes. They had maybe 60 people in line with over 150 shoes available, but they let people buy all 3 shoes. I was near the end of that line and missed out, but some dude outside told me $200 for a pair of Dave White 1's in size 12 and i quickly jumped on that.

Don't think I'll be trying a release like this ever again. It was insanity.

I feel mad violated by this release. Lets not front like this is the first ultra limited shoe Nike has come out with (Pigeons, etc) but this is probably the only one I actually liked and would go after if everybody and their momma had a pair. I'd probably rock em today too if I got my hands on em. But then Nike doesnt even put em online (as if anyone had a real shot at em anyway) and the only way to acquire them is to sleep outside for a week.

I never say this because I'm realistic about the fact that if a shoe I love comes out, if I have the means I'm gonna get them but this release has left such a sour taste in my mouth to the point I dont wanna buy shoes anymore. I just feel disgusted. Again lets remember this isnt the first limited release fiasco but it hit so close to home because I love foams and thought the colorway was dope.

Can anyone break down the 34th street footlocker/footaction releases? As far as I understand tickets were handed out tuesday? Or were there new people lined up yesterday?

Originally Posted by polorico

Footlocker in dallas is so shady

i hid in the bushes and was first in line 2 times.

they proceeded to raffle them off.

i went off on all the employees. I said ill be back at 3 waiting for your VIPs to pick em up.

coming from the dude whos screen name is a synonym for snitching
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by manslayer

Just got back from HOH SouthCenter. Basically, it was madness.

Security and cops made us stand on the sidewalk across the parking lot from the HOH entrance, then made us run across when they honked a horn. Everyone kept going into the parking lot multiple times before the horn and kept getting pushed back to the sidewalk. When we finally ran, some dude actually fell and dropped a gun, and another dude who paid a couple people to run for him tried to sneak up to the front and got pulled out by the cops, got hit a couple times, then got thrown to the ground and maced. I watched it happen. It was ridiculous. I was about midway through the line and the cops kept yelling to back up, so I stepped out of the line to help the cops, tried to get back in and people were saying I was cutting. Had to go to the end, missed out on any shoe, then went to the champs on the north side of the mall to try to get the other shoes. They had maybe 60 people in line with over 150 shoes available, but they let people buy all 3 shoes. I was near the end of that line and missed out, but some dude outside told me $200 for a pair of Dave White 1's in size 12 and i quickly jumped on that.

Don't think I'll be trying a release like this ever again. It was insanity.

Holy ****. Never knew Seattle sneaker heads would stoop so low. Damn, good thing I didn't bother going there. Screw that.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

cot odamn theres a pair on ebay for $95000 right now, 2 hours left
someone on twitter already confirmed that him and his peoples are shilling the #$%+ out of the auction.

congrats to those who got a pair. I was in a raffle at HOH Baybrook in houston and didnt win but theu didnt allow the camping so I atleast felt like i had chance.

Back
Top Bottom