Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by xxpizzo23

does anybody remember when JB released ONLINE Exclusives for the Laser IVs and XVs etc on jumpman website and you needed an invitation to the site? Why not do it with these Limited Foams to ppl who actually collect and wear there kicks. It wouldnt cause all this disaster at all. Just my thought

Does it even exist anymore? The last thing I remember from that site were the XV's.

You kno what i dont even think so, not sure what happend to it. ive never had problems with it back then but then again there wasnt as many hypebeast as there is now-a-days. But i wish NIKE can think of something like this for future Limited Releases.

does anybody remember when JB released ONLINE Exclusives for the Laser IVs and XVs etc on jumpman website and you needed an invitation to the site? Why not do it with these Limited Foams to ppl who actually collect and wear there kicks. It wouldnt cause all this disaster at all. Just my thought
The XVs were on "Flight Club", along with some cartoon AJF 5s and I think the Eminem IIs. But getting invites were not that hard if you knew where to look and it wouldn't help limit releases just for the true heads. For the most part, it would be just as easy as any of these people jumping in lines for shoes to hop online for invites and release links.

2012 releases so far have been something else. Nike seems like its changing the definition of "limited" to the one for "rare". I can understand Nike and JB using hype in their favor, but I'm curious of their long term strategy. While releasing everything GR does not make sense for them as too much inventory would end up at Outlets and Factory Stores, but the other extreme of limiting everything will probably kill off some of the following.

I might be giving Nike too much credit, but hopefully this is just a side effect of trying to find the right balance between ridiculously limited and GR to keep both their bottom line happy and the heads happy.

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

Originally Posted by airtunes

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

Im taking advantage of my 2nd amendment rights. If a pack of wild goons want to get cute, they can meet the business end of my .45
over shoes?
dead.gif

Over my safety.
I approve.

Originally Posted by capo1119

Would be nice.
They should treat all limited releases like the Jordan "Nubuck" XII release that happened in 2003. 

Nike's limited/hype strategy works because they cater to youngins that follow hype and trendy *+@+, period. When youngins see a celebrity they're like, they're like "OoOo...i need to cop". this mindset will keep going because it's human nature. Huge brands like Nike are super smart and they pay psychologist/sociologist to manipulate the minds of the weak. You guys just fall victim to the same hyperbole *+@+ 365 days a year. it's a sad reality but that's the world we live in.

^ damm and mine come all beat up in a white bag and I have been with them for 15+ years, LOL F u Eastbay.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

this is so silly 

where is the eastbay rep

where these sold online ?

Nah man.  A lucky gold club member won these some how some way.  Riiiight.
roll.gif

The rest of them must of went to the employees....

I'm still
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
at people thinking there's something special about these shoes. It was probably brought up as a joke at the Nike camp "yeah let's call them limited and charge double! No way will people fall for it, right?

[Charlie Murphy] WRONG. WRONG. These are American sneaker heads we talking about here [/Charlie Murphy]

For the people saying that Nike should release enough for everyone, think about it, the exclusivity is what people want, not the actual shoe itself. If these were on the rack for 125 they'd be the laughing stock of the community, but since they're "limited" and cost double OH that changes everything!

Sheep to the fullest.

Since Footlocker canceled the release of these at most of their stores, anyone know what they will do now? later release? also heard they might be shipped back to nike for a possible online release. anyone know anything about this potential?

Seems to me nike does not have any new ideas so they are re-releasing things and claiming they are limited so they can stay in the spot light. Will they stop, nope because its clearly working and like sheep everyone follows. nike's got kids working for pennies a day to make these shoes and then kids who kill each other trying to pay hundreds of dollars for the same shoes

O well, this is what has become of America

Originally Posted by facemafia

Originally Posted by MiamiBoy

Got my pair at the Shoe Gallery in downtown Miami, only like 3 cops. 100 degrees outside. They had a raffle to select the people who could go inside and buy the foams. I also got the all-star Dunks. It was a good day!

congrats man, I've always wondering about SG, a release like this do they have atleast 10-15 pair AFTER celebrity/VIP/employee pairs are taken?

Its crazy because there had to be atleast 200 people outside and maybe 300 people who entered the raffle, they were calling names out of a hat left and right but only a couple people who got called were actually there 
ohwell.gif
I would estimate there were 2-3 pairs for each size.

i blame the customers too. nike caters to their customers...they just produce what people want to buy.

this is old news though..ever since people associated money with sneakers, it's a wrap. 20 years down the line the same %#!+ is going to happen

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by DublBagn

2) only sneakerheads are out there to buy these 3) why not release more and make more money?..... At this point if they released 250k pairs worldwide they would sell out and resale prices would still be high.... Seems to me that Nikes old business model made more sense, seed these shoes with almost zero prior knowledge to a few shops, personally deliver X amount of pairs to trendsetters, tastemakers, athletes and entertainers and let the sneaker heads and early adopters have "something different" that sets the trend for the general public.  I can guarantee this Galaxy release does not give any non sneaker head any type of incentive to go out and purchase a different pair of Foams or any Nike for that matter.

This release ain't about making money bro.  If that were the case, they'd be on NDC where there's no middle man and they can break off 100% of the profits instead of selling wholesale to a retailer at 55% of MSRP.  And surely you don't really believe that only sneakerheads are out to cop; I would venture that of the campers, the majority are amateur resellers, a fair amount of hypebeasts and a few devoted sneaker heads.  NSW in particular is driven by the hype machine; when is the last time you've ever seen ANY marketing for a Nike Retro? 

There's no going back to the quickstrike because it's just not possible anymore.  We live in the instant age, with blogs and social media and even ancient old Niketalk always getting the jump on unreleased product.  While it would be nice for more pairs to be floating out to make an easier cop, the demand isn't going down for the sneaks anytime soon.

Yep, this release wasn't about money now, it's about keeping that hype built up for consistent money later.  They don't want this "shoe game" to become what happened to the card collection scene in the 90s.
Nikes entire objective is to make money, and being a sneakerhead is the new card collecting.  Its the new pog's, its the new cabbage patch kids, elmo, beanie baby, etc...  Sports cards went south once everyone knew they could be bought and sold for money (people do this with sneakers), also sports cards started to get away from general stuff and turned into being all about super rare "sub sets" and "inserts" (what do you call what is going on with sneakers the last couple years?)
you are in the middle of the downswing of a fad, sure some people really enjoy all of the things I listed about and will continue to collect with or without the hype.  But a majority are in and out just like every other fad.

Someone post the new sample pics on kicks on fire, I think they look better than the release on the foam just missing the glowing soles

Originally Posted by dartangion

Someone post the new sample pics on kicks on fire, I think they look better than the release on the foam just missing the glowing soles
Your wish is my command.
laugh.gif
These joints look way harder compared to how they looked on Gentry feet.
nike-air-foamposite-one-galaxy-trial-sample-2.jpeg

Originally Posted by insole

Originally Posted by ISleepInMyKickz

Who's really to blame?

The supplier? The dealer? Or The customer?
The Customer.
I would blame NIKE for perpetuating this dumb behavior!!  NIKE I mean think about it, they were going to release online then ...no in store only  and that was announced AFTER they tweeted all NT stores have given out all of the wristbands. The sneaker game has gotten WAY out of control and all these animals that are getting violent over a pair of sneakers are just that animals!! Just look at the concord release...people are break doors down and running over the people in front of them, shooting people....I mean where is the respect of human life. I am probably going to get duke of this rant but this is WAY out of control.....And no I am not salty because I didn't get a pair..this rant is bigger than the galaxy's...this is a cultural issue that needs to seriously pump the brakes!!
indifferent.gif

Straight up.... it's not about the race.... it's about the sneakerhead culture. MOST sneakerheads are into hip hop and basketball nostalgia. And also most sneakerheads are cutthroat about getting there pair. Everyone knows how grimy the sneaker game is. I mean the iphone community is a melting pot of people but the ones that normally line up are usually tech geeks or an everything reseller. I can't believe people would make this into a black/white thing. It's just sneakerheads in general. If you take 50 black sneakerheads or 50 white sneakerhead or 50 asian sneakerheads..... the same stuff would probably more or less go down. You take 50 black tech geeks or 50 white tech geeks or 50 asian tech geeks...... more than likely nothings going to happen. And plus I think most of the time it's not the people that want actually wear the sneakers in line causing a ruckus. It's normally the people trying to get them as a gift or a trying to resell that are going nuts. Man at the end of the day it's the power of the dollar!

Back
Top Bottom