Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

I wish people would stop paying these outrageous resell prices so I can get them at a decent resell price.. I refuse to pay more than $550.. and even thats steep for some shoes..

I wish people would stop paying over retail for any recently released product so that there would be no incentive to buy things you don't actually want. If you are willing to pay hundreds of dollars over retail, you are the problem. People like you are the reason resellers exist and people like you ruin things for everyone else.

The resellers are not to blame. They don't owe the community anything. The problem is the buyers. If everyone stopped paying over retail, resellers would not exist.

And sometimes you would get the shoe you want and sometimes you wouldn't.

But at least all the shoes would go to people that want them and nobody would have to pay over retail to get them.

Actually, resellers ARE 50% of the  blame...the buyer gets 15%.. Nike/Retail stores deserve the rest.. because before this new era of resellers, the only resellers were the people that had a shoe for over a few years and then sold the shoe later on. Now resellers buy up every shoe in mass quantities that they can and resell them at ridiculous prices. This shoe release was not set up for the regular customer such as myself to obtain, and I knew that from the beginning. 500 isn't as bad to me as $2,000.. I make enough money to pay that for a shoe that I REALLY want anyway. You dont have enough information about me, or my reason for really wanting this shoe to determine "people like me". But let me enlighten you, sir. I've been into collecting shoes since I was in the 4th grade. My very first shoe was a Nike Air Penny, he is also my all-time favorite player. He is the reason why I've become such a big shoe collector. I make sure to cop every Penny that I can, I've never missed out on a Penny release. I can tell you everything there is to know about Penny Hardaway, his career, and his signature line.. but there are people like you, who prbably knows NOTHING about the man, never seen him play, or anything about his shoes who judge a real collector like myself and passes judgment on how much he chooses to spend on a shoe that he never had a chance to buy at retail anyway.. be easy bruh...

The reselling game got out of hand over the past few years. It's always expected to pay $100 or 2 more for a hot release, lol ... but thousands? I don't remember the Air Yeezy's being this bad when they first dropped and hit eBay.

I feel two ways about this situation - A part of me is mad at the reseller for being more savvy than me and able to cop multiple pairs to flip. Another part of me is trying to figure out how they do it - not so I can flip too, but I'm trying to figure it out so I can secure my pair next time around. I'm not into reselling ... and if I ever do (again), it'll be because I've ran out of space and need to get rid of pairs that I never wear (again). Reselling as a hustle? There's easier and more lucrative hustles in these streets, lol.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Just saw this on someones page.....Looks PS but idk...anyone have info on these.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

vxf2oh.jpg
those aren't PS, i got my son a pair of these several years ago. they're David West Hornet's PEs. they're beautiful!

Ok so now ive had time to relax and really really look at them, They are 
pimp.gif
And my Bday lebrons came in today....$98 size 8.5 shipped
eek.gif
....wait for it.......DEADSTOCK!!

and sorry for the mess in the backround
indifferent.gif
smh at me. lol

2lsw3fn.jpg

all i'm gonna say is about the restock in manhattan is yeah there where hints being left

but if you was not in the know this morning you aint get crap

All I'm getting from these anti-resale posts are that if you buy/collect shoes and are willing to pay more than retail for them, you're the problem... Haha, some of you guys are hilarious. Not a big Foam guy (have the coppers and pines), but I liked the execution of this design dating back to when Gentry was rocking the sample. To a lot of you, me wanting this shoe because of that reason and not having a lot of Foam colorways would make me a hypebeast. If I wanted the shoe bad enough, it's not out of my means to spend the $2000+ resale on them for a pair, but then I would be the problem you can't get the shoe at a 'reasonable' resale price. Hate how people on this forum are so quick to judge and belittle nowadays. Guess that's why I've been a long-time reader (or lurker, which most will label someone relatively new with a low post count as) and short-time subscriber. People say the game has gotten worse, but these forums aren't the same as when I first started browsing them back in 2002. It is what it is though...

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

^^^nothing in this world is the same since 2002 tho

Very, very true. Just saying, "the [shoe] game has changed" is repeated heavily on here. We say it, but have a hard time accepting it for what it is.

IsTaYsTuNiNyA -

I really don't see any reason to blame the resellers. I have a hard time giving them 1% of the blame, let alone 50%. They don't owe us anything. They see an opportunity and they take it. It is up to the sneaker community to choose how to react to their behavior and by buying, you're giving them a reason to continue to buy shoes they don't want. I do agree that Nike and the stores deserve some of the blame as well though. Nike deserves a LOT of the blame.

But again, they don't really owe us anything either. It would be up to the sneaker community to punish them by buying less of their products. Ultimately it is still the buyer that has the power.

It's not a question of whether you can easily afford the $500. It's a question of encouraging the scalpers by giving them your money.

You say I know nothing about Penny and his shoes, which is interesting, considering I'm probably one of the few people here that actually bought the foamposite the day it came out back in '97.

You can choose to spend whatever you want on a shoe. But these were YOUR words:

"I wish people would stop paying these outrageous resell prices so I can get them at a decent resell price."

So don't be upset if I wish you would stop paying "decent resell price" so that I could get them at retail price.

Make sense?

VTex23 -

I'm glad it's not beyond your means to spend $2,000 on a pair of shoes, but it would still be selfish to do so because you'd be encouraging the scalpers to continue to buy shoes they don't want to extort money from people that actually want them.

It wouldn't be beyond my means to spend $200,000 on a pair of shoes, but I like to think about the consequences of my spending and I would not want to encourage scalpers by spending even a dollar over retail.

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

So these happened to be very controversial sneaker under the NYC section on Craigslist. Nothing but robbery attempts and danger encounters. Must feel very good now to own the most historic, sought after and controversial sneakers ever made! 
pimp.gif

Really?
K now wear 'em everywhere you go. 

Originally Posted by mikeadog

Just saw this on someones page.....Looks PS but idk...anyone have info on these.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

vxf2oh.jpg
those aren't PS, i got my son a pair of these several years ago. they're David West Hornet's PEs. they're beautiful!

PS....In the Foamposite colorways you hope to release thread I believe.

Congrats to everyone who copped today! Must have been a great feeling if you actually like them and wanted to collect or wear rather than resell since you got a pair for retail. Resellers get money!! personally I wouldnt sell them unless I had multiples

Got to work today and my pair was waiting for me
smile.gif

Hopefully there are more restocks as supply outgrows the demand and the amount of ppl willing to drop a stack on these. I would love a second pair
laugh.gif

I missed out on restock smh..my homeboy told me. What a shame that i wasnt even in the "know."
Its cool...ill get them one day i guess.

really cool shoes.

not worth what they're going for.

But I hope owners enjoy them until they turn yellow

IsTaYsTuNiNyA - 

True, but my point is.. Resell prices are always going to be there.. but what usually happens is when the hype of a certain shoe dies down.. the Resell prices become more reasonable. For example the Jordan IV, or the Red Foams. Resellers were charging $400 bucks for them.. and as hype died down and no one was paying those prices, resellers were forced to go down. With these, people continue to pay that 1,000 and up price which is not allowing prices to die down.. Thats all I meant by when I said people should top paying those outrageous prices. And I said the most I would pay for these is $500.. although some may think thats steep, I look at the limited circumstances of this shoe. I'm not conceding to these rape @ss charges of 7-8x the retail price.. I do blame the reseller as well as the consumer. Everyone gets blame.. Nike gets blame for not making enough quantity to meet the demand (on purpose), Main Retailers get blame for not setting restrictions for employees during these releases.. (waiting in line, being the first in line and them telling you they dont have your size when you are the first in the store), in fact.. the only main retailer that does have restrictions for their employees in the NikeStore, Mom and Pop stores for aiding resellers in their quest to buy these shoes by lying to average customers, holding multiple pairs, or not even mentioning that they are being sold in their store, Resellers get blamed for corrupting a sneaker community that from what I remember was a humbling experience/semi honest community to an extreme headache.. It has become so bad to the point where EVERYONE is trying to become a reseller to a certain extent..  I also blame people buying from these resellers at their extreme prices.. Reselling a KD shoe that was 95 and charging 250.. that is complete rape. I dont understand why Nike makes limited amounts (2012 is the year of the QS by the way) and watch these resellers make double off their product that they could have made had they made more pairs..

nice pair dro, im about to drop $1k on a sz 10.5 myself. i have to have these foams to complete my galaxy all-star pack (no dunks). i know if i would wait a little longer i could probably get them for
$600-$700 but im getting so jelly looking at everyones pics.

Originally Posted by mikeadog

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

vxf2oh.jpg
you're full of $+%!... that is a PS, thats Never Wear Them's pic of the cactus 1s and someone PSd it.

VTex23 -

I'm glad it's not beyond your means to spend $2,000 on a pair of shoes, but it would still be selfish to do so because you'd be encouraging the scalpers to continue to buy shoes they don't want to extort money from people that actually want them.

It wouldn't be beyond my means to spend $200,000 on a pair of shoes, but I like to think about the consequences of my spending and I would not want to encourage scalpers by spending even a dollar over retail.

Selfish??Consequences?? Buying any shoe at any price could be considered selfish, but its a hobby and a passion we have so we do it. Consequences are you get what you want.. The resellers are gonna do their thing no matter what.. No matter if VTex23 spends his two stacks on a pair they are still gonna try to buy up every release and still resell for crazy prices. That is just how it is now, whether you, VTex23 or I spend the high resell prices...Someone will if its not us. Sadly, Resellers are a part of the game now. We just got to do what we can to make sure true sneakerheads are gettin shoes on release. Just my opinion

Silent re-release

nice

no HOH in my state and smart by the stores.

True QS style. Might have to get friendly with some New Yorkers lol

Congrats to those who copped. Hope they GR these so we can see who really wants them.

Back
Top Bottom