Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

thanks man it really seems like all the galaxy foam sellers on ebay right now are either international or new sellers...

would you do 725 for a pair of galaxy's I feel like the prices are dropping more after the yeezys....

Never really had a high item shoe like this but i'm looking to trade my size 9.5 Solar Yeezy2, for a pair of Galaxy Foams sz 10 plus light cash... worth it? or am i buggin? i have 2 pair of Yeezy 2s, plus i wear everything. thanks NT

Originally Posted by wtfchi

would you do 725 for a pair of galaxy's I feel like the prices are dropping more after the yeezys....

anybody would pay 725. Whos willing to sell an authentic pair at that price?

These are at a low point right now so i doubt the prices will get much lower than 7-800, theyll be back to 1200 by next summer as pairs dry up. (imo)

Ended up trading flint 13,annivesary 11,fire red 5,& banned 1's for the galaxy foam,only pair I'm gonna miss is the banned's,but I got another pair coming in the mail next week

Yea prices are at a low so cop while you can. The price will go back up once they start to disappear

dang I struck out now the cheapest I can find is $850 shipped-seems like too much for one shoe... I feel like it wasn't that limited in Europe but pretty limited in the US

dang I struck out now the cheapest I can find is $850 shipped-seems like too much for one shoe... I feel like it wasn't that limited in Europe but pretty limited in the US

That seems like a fair price, everything in my size is still holding steady around 900-1000.  This is according to feeBay though. 

Yeah I'm considering now pulling the triggering on $825, but so much heat coming up I don't know if I should pay that much over retail...

Yeah I'm considering now pulling the triggering on $825, but so much heat coming up I don't know if I should pay that much over retail...
No, you shouldn't.

These shoes aren't "classics." They'll be an afterthought in 2 years.

You can buy multiple OGs Foams for that, and in the long run - if you're still into sneakers in a few years - you'll have wished you had.

Also, what's with the dude above you posting live links... to a completely different shoe at that.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

No, you shouldn't.

finally saw someone wearing them in person.
looked like he spilled something on his eggplants, I almost walked up to them wondering if he knew they were dirty. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

No, you shouldn't.

looked like he spilled something on his eggplants, I almost walked up to them wondering if he knew they were dirty. 
laugh.gif
What's good, bro.

Gotta emerge from the AF1 and AM Fam threads to try to drop some jewels every once in a while, right.

...Like we haven't been through the hype cycle a million times already. Remember what Bapes were selling for? Shark hoodies? What the Dunks? Lebron III pseudo-PEs? The early HOH releases?

In 18 months, nobody will care. Really. And, you know what - the supply of these will never "dry up" because limited isn't the same thing as rare!

When I was a kid, I thought I'd make a million off my baseball cards because my mom told me about how much hers would be worth had she kept them. But, guess what, everybody I knew kept theirs, so there was no rarity. That's the same deal with the "limited" kicks. If they are all treated as collectors items, they'll never actually be real gems for collectors.

No, you shouldn't.

laugh.gif
What's good, bro.

Gotta emerge from the AF1 and AM Fam threads to try to drop some jewels every once in a while, right.

...Like we haven't been through the hype cycle a million times already. Remember what Bapes were selling for? Shark hoodies? What the Dunks? Lebron III pseudo-PEs? The early HOH releases?

In 18 months, nobody will care. Really. And, you know what - the supply of these will never "dry up" because limited isn't the same thing as rare!

When I was a kid, I thought I'd make a million off my baseball cards because my mom told me about how much hers would be worth had she kept them. But, guess what, everybody I knew kept theirs, so there was no rarity. That's the same deal with the "limited" kicks. If they are all treated as collectors items, they'll never actually be real gems for collectors.

If what youre saying was really true, we'd be able to get every hot shoe at retail prices in a little over a year because nobody would ''care'', but the market says otherwise.

Isnt that the usual cycle that weve seen over and over ? Hyped up kicks release to ridiculous resell markups, then a few months later they dip in price but slowly but surely prices start to inch back up.
Space Jams are a quick ex , when they dropped they were going 3-350 and a few months later they dropped to early 200's only to rise back up around the 350 range again. 

In 18 months its the hypebeast who wont care because theyll have moved on to something else, but SOME people who love foams will still think its a dope shoe...same way you stuck with af1s thru the hype as well.

hey i appreciate dropping the knowledge. honestly at the end of the day they are just shoes.. and if you wear them outside once...

If you are a true collector and not a reseller, who is eager on cashing the cow as much as possible, you know that this shoe will be among the top 10 all time releases and if you own an unworn pair keep it stored safe somewhere, take them out once in a while and smile, because you own a defining moment of Nike history.

There was no limitation in Europe numberwise, but in general not more than 100 pairs per size were sold over here, since not more of those were produced for the European market, for example Germany had 60 pairs only, I think Great Britain 200, France around 50 etc., the releases were only in the big cities and the camping was equally crazy as in the states the only difference was, that the Europeans seem to be more patient than the Americans. There was no theft or anything like that.

So as an owner of 2 pairs of galaxies, I can say that I am more than happy that these are part of my collection!

Originally Posted by Maximilian

If you are a true collector and not a reseller, who is eager on cashing the cow as much as possible, you know that this shoe will be among the top 10 all time releases and if you own an unworn pair keep it stored safe somewhere, take them out once in a while and smile, because you own a defining moment of Nike history.

There was no limitation in Europe numberwise, but in general not more than 100 pairs per size were sold over here, since not more of those were produced for the European market, for example Germany had 60 pairs only, I think Great Britain 200, France around 50 etc., the releases were only in the big cities and the camping was equally crazy as in the states the only difference was, that the Europeans seem to be more patient than the Americans. There was no theft or anything like that.

So as an owner of 2 pairs of galaxies, I can say that I am more than happy that these are part of my collection!
???

Top 10 all time what?

Defining moment in Nike history?

I don't even think most experienced Nike "collectors" - I'm talking about guys like me who lived through all these shoes the first time around - would even consider the Nike Foamposite 1 to be a top 10 Nike model itself. So, how the hell is some non-OG gimmick with a glow in the dark sole going to be a top 10 model.  ...If OG Royals are arguably top-10 of Nike/JB at absolute best - how the hell is some quackery like this gonna rock on a list of top 10 shoes in the history of NIKE? That's just flat out insane.

Foams sat like bricks when they first dropped. Fact. Foams sat like bricks when they were re-released multiple times. Fact.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

laugh.gif
What's good, bro.

If what youre saying was really true, we'd be able to get every hot shoe at retail prices in a little over a year because nobody would ''care'', but the market says otherwise.

Isnt that the usual cycle that weve seen over and over ? Hyped up kicks release to ridiculous resell markups, then a few months later they dip in price but slowly but surely prices start to inch back up.
Space Jams are a quick ex , when they dropped they were going 3-350 and a few months later they dropped to early 200's only to rise back up around the 350 range again. 

In 18 months its the hypebeast who wont care because theyll have moved on to something else, but SOME people who love foams will still think its a dope shoe...same way you stuck with af1s thru the hype as well.
Yeah - SJs will run you 350 or something, I guess. But, that's not 800.

Look at how much SB Dunks used to run. Most of them fell precipitously because they aren't in any more. And, that will happen with the Foam too.

And, yeah, I stuck with AF1s because I've been a fan since way back. And, guess what - there was a time when silly crap AF1 gimmicks, like Invisible woman joints, were selling for a grip too. Now, you can get classics - and even truly rare gems - for no more than a few hundred bucks. I've stuck with all the shoes I consider classics, and they're all still standing today.

It's not about the price of a single stock fluctuating, it's about recognizing the bubble that is the whole sector, which is waiting to pop.

No, Galaxys will never drop to $240, but the market will correct itself over time.

But, hey, each person should just do him/her. Whatever makes people happy.

The REAL gems are the foams that everyone and their mother beat up during the winters and on the courts....the ones that are impossible to find, and even harder to find in DS condition 
glasses.gif

What may be considered a classic to you, may not be what the next man considers classic.....and vice versa.

Some of you cats kill me.

Get off your high-horse and realize that you're not the only one who has been in this "game" since a lot of this Retro stuff was OG.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

The REAL gems are the foams that everyone and their mother beat up during the winters and on the courts....the ones that are impossible to find, and even harder to find in DS condition 
glasses.gif
Right - that goes back to what I originally said about "rare" vs. "limited."

Gems are pieces you hunt for years for - things you need more than a credit card to acquire not something that is simply out of your price range.

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

What may be considered a classic to you, may not be what the next man considers classic.....and vice versa.

Some of you cats kill me.

Get off your high-horse and realize that you're not the only one who has been in this "game" since a lot of this Retro stuff was OG.
How can something that just came out be a classic?

That's like the George Carlin quip about 1-hour photo stands. ...How can you be nostalgic about something that just happened?

I never said I'm the only one who has been around the block. I assume from your screenname that you saw most of this stuff the first time around. I'm just saying the attention span of the modern day "sneakerhead" has proven itself many times over already.

I am sure, there are many many sneakerheads and collectors around here.

Just check my Team Penny posts and I am sure you will realize that I am a true collector since 1996, I even got the original 97 Foams in brand new condition and I also got some nice kicks from other NBA players as well.
I might not have the biggest Nike Basketball Shoe collection in the states, but since I live in Germany that does not matter, maybe I got one of the biggest collections in Germany.
As another member said here, opinions are different and that is just the way it is. My opinion is that the Galaxies are worth while to collect. Even if there will be a second production, the original galaxies will still keep their value, since they were the original galaxies, just like with the original 97 foams, they are worth more than the 07 and 11 releases.

Maybe it is true to say, that the galaxies were the most controversial shoe ever released, because you either hate them or love them and prices are insane sometimes!

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

glasses.gif
Right - that goes back to what I originally said about "rare" vs. "limited."

Gems are pieces you hunt for years for - things you need more than a credit card to acquire not something that is simply out of your price range.
Damn, never thought I'd see that name in a foamposite galaxy thread. But see this is where I think you confuse hyperstrike air forces with stuff like galaxy foamposites. Playstation air force ones pop up about as much as a particular jewel air force does. Same with most PEs.
Back to the topic at hand, basically anyone who thinks this shoe is a classic or will ever be a classic is sadly mistaken. I see the trend, and it is eerily similar to air forces in the mid-2000s. Every month a new shoe would drop and the hype on it would be crazy. All those air forces can now be found for around 100 bucks, and the same thing will happen with foamposites. 

Looking at all the people in this thread arguing that these will be classics/are worth $800+, id like to bring up another George Carlin quote. "Think about how dumb the average person is, and then realize that half of them are dumber than that"  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom