Nike Air Foamposite One "Polarized Pink" Release 11/21/2012

@Bip Roberts although I do not with Magic's views he doesn't come off homophobic to me so I believe the harshness of your statements are going a little too far

I don't get this dude Magic.

Why do you care about other men wearing pink? You care about what other men wear? You go around and look at other dudes like damn his outfit is fire or something?

OK you don't like them and its a pass for you -- Good for you now bounce out the thread lol

Do you think I care, or was I making a statement?

Some people will overstand, some people won't. I just plant the jewel.

@Bip Roberts although I do not with Magic's views he doesn't come off homophobic to me so I believe the harshness of your statements are going a little too far

If you are adverse to men wearing pink, where besides homophobia would that sentiment be rooted?

This is a case of Occam's Razor.

If you are pronouncedly against men wearing pink, where besides homophobia - or at the very least bigotry - would that sentiment be rooted?

This is a case of Occam's Razor.

Last edited:
It's like a little Phoenix Suns Foams edition, so I am in with 3 pairs!!!

So my statement directly applied to you? Sorry I hurt your feelings. Go get some tissue and change your kotex, you'll be ok.
laugh.gif

pink foams... oh.

thats right, this is why i dont visit here much.... scurries back to general/s&t

Define homophobia?

I don't want to take this thread too far off on a tangent, so I'll respond to this and then keep it moving. I do think this discussion is relevant to the topic because it if there's no reason behind people being against this CW but for electrolimes or turquoise or bright yellows, then that's a hell of an arbitrary preference shared by many people.

Homophobia doesn't have a single definition. It refers to a range of negative attitudes toward homosexuality. This can include hatred or fear of homosexuals. It can include fear of being labeled a homosexual. It is often manifested in the attribution of homosexuality as the cause of many behaviors that have nothing to do with sexual orientation. The fear of being perceived as feminine is almost homophobic by nature. The idea of not wanting to be perceived as feminine and not wanting to be perceived as gay is a false dichotomy. So, if that's your argument then you splitting hairs. At best, you arguing you are a misogynist instead of a homophobe. Have it your way, I guess. Though, the more likely interpretation would be that you'd be both. The common thread is that a fear of being labeled as gay or feminine is defined as a fear of being perceived as lacking masculinity. If you aren't worried about being perceived as feminine or gay, then you aren't worried about being perceived as lacking masculinity. And, if you don't feel that being female or gay is inherently inferior to being straight or male, then why would you care if you fear being perceived as either.

So - you didn't say "I don't like this CW" the way people say that regarding any other CW of any shoe. You talked about the shoe being feminine. So, here are my questions back to you.

1. Pose any reason to dislike a pink shoe, inherently, that is not rooted in a bias of some form?
2. If the color of a shoe defines whether it is masculine or feminine - would a pair of Royal Blue (OG Foam CW, right?) Manolo Blahniks be a masculine or feminine shoe?
3. Would you characterize a woman wearing a royal Foam (or royal Manolo, for that matter) as being manly the same way you'd label a man in a pink foam as being feminine?

Last time I checked Phoenix was purple and orange...l. And these are pink. I'm confused?

You are right it is purple and orange, but since there never was a foam that showed some love for Pennys time in Phoenix, it could be a start and that was also why I wrote "a little" meaning that it is of course not close to the Phoenix Suns colorway!

I think the shoes are neither gay nor anything else,

I am sure you all know David Beckham, especially since he is living in LA for 3 years now, he is the true definition of metrosexual when it comes to his dresscode and nobody thinks that he is weak or something like that. So in clothing language these shoes would be metrosexual and they look cool, so I am all in!

I don't want to take this thread too far off on a tangent, so I'll respond to this and then keep it moving. I do think this discussion is relevant to the topic because it if there's no reason behind people being against this CW but for electrolimes or turquoise or bright yellows, then that's a hell of an arbitrary preference shared by many people.
Homophobia doesn't have a single definition. It refers to a range of negative attitudes toward homosexuality. This can include hatred or fear of homosexuals. It can include fear of being labeled a homosexual. It is often manifested in the attribution of homosexuality as the cause of many behaviors that have nothing to do with sexual orientation. The fear of being perceived as feminine is almost homophobic by nature. The idea of not wanting to be perceived as feminine and not wanting to be perceived as gay is a false dichotomy. So, if that's your argument then you splitting hairs. At best, you arguing you are a misogynist instead of a homophobe. Have it your way, I guess. Though, the more likely interpretation would be that you'd be both. The common thread is that a fear of being labeled as gay or feminine is defined as a fear of being perceived as lacking masculinity. If you aren't worried about being perceived as feminine or gay, then you aren't worried about being perceived as lacking masculinity. And, if you don't feel that being female or gay is inherently inferior to being straight or male, then why would you care if you fear being perceived as either.
So - you didn't say "I don't like this CW" the way people say that regarding any other CW of any shoe. You talked about the shoe being feminine. So, here are my questions back to you.
1. Pose any reason to dislike a pink shoe, inherently, that is not rooted in a bias of some form?
2. If the color of a shoe defines whether it is masculine or feminine - would a pair of Royal Blue (OG Foam CW, right?) Manolo Blahniks be a masculine or feminine shoe?
3. Would you characterize a woman wearing a royal Foam (or royal Manolo, for that matter) as being manly the same way you'd label a man in a pink foam as being feminine?

You took it off tangent with your rant bashing anyone and grouping everyone with a broad stroke who didn't like this color as if you have an agenda.

You're calling someone something you don't even know the definition of and projecting YOUR definition on to them. If someones racist, do they have a fear of being viewed as the race they dislike? If someones a sexist, do they have a fear of women?

Have you ever just thought people don't like the color and think it's gay or feminine and it's not about what other people think. Some people have a different set of morals, values, ideals and upbringing than you. It doesn't make them right, and it doesn't make you right either.

But I didn't like the blueberry, green apple and lemonhead skittles colors, so I guess I'm ok :nerd:

Just FYI... anytime i work a celebrity event or do a package on TV I wear a Pink BC ribbon , Pink Tie, Pink Dress shirt or pink Dress socks... 

Its always about paying tribute to the cause and I've got 5 kids my man.  I even had my fake securiity detail rock pink for my Sponsors shirt because me and my son had pink kicks on.

To each their own man.  Women LOVE pink on a man and for me AS a man it means something.

Public Launches

480812_3129004082870_1303091545_n.jpg

Daddy Son Talks

318868_4424345445418_1474691800_n.jpg

531269_4389670348595_1811501944_n.jpg

Pros vs Joes

484273_427706823916674_1442878316_n.jpg

celeb Softball

546547_416307461723277_1292293483_n.jpg
579777_416305975056759_1020220280_n.jpg

Celeb Golf

546192_3779419092695_228604285_n.jpg

TV

302582_229455490443928_1577189416_n.jpg

293956_273137836039022_345902408_n.jpg

304080_217396358316508_1899118740_n.jpg

Just wanted to make my point.... Real Men Wear Pink my man

The majority of people aren't wearing them for breast cancer, and could care less.

I asked that question was asked in the Aunt Pearl's thread, which had a direct association. Very few people said they were buying them for breast cancer or to honor someone. Most people don't even know how much Nike donates off each pair of sneakers to breast cancer.

Does a portion of these go to breast cancer, does anyone care or will you throw in some aqua or have some reverse South Beach's.

Do people even know they have blue ribbons and what they're for. I would delve in to that, and the lack of attention, but it's a waste of time.

To me educating some of the kids in these forums is never a waste of time my man.  I understand people may have taken you the wrong way or you may have conveyed what you were trying to say the wrong way.  I can dig it....  Hell I know I took it the wrong way... 

But I dont get as wound up as others over silly stuff... but even without the knowledge of why guys actually wear pink and do it as a fashion statement it can bring up the convo and some of the Killer Cam folks will do it for a good cause.

I'm not buying them for breast cancer or ribbons or anything like that. I like pink and I'm not gay.

I like the color and girls like when guys wear pink and if you can pull it off why not -- Yeah there are going to be some dudes rocking it dipset style but who am i to judge how another person wants to wear their kicks with the money they worked hard to get.

Im just waiting for a confirmed solid date.

Last edited:
Quick question, how do foamposites fit? I wear a 13 in retro jordans, and a 14 in Lebron 9s...so would I be better off with a 13 or a 14?

Quick question, how do foamposites fit? I wear a 13 in retro jordans, and a 14 in Lebron 9s...so would I be better off with a 13 or a 14?

Get the 13, foams aren't cut as small as Lebrons. On top of that, if the 13 is too small, you can take the insole out.

Back
Top Bottom