Nike Air Foamposite Pro - Blue/Black (last updated 02/25/11) VOL: NOT SOUTH BEACHES!!!!!

bjamintrotter wrote:
Originally Posted by scoop99

bjamintrotter wrote:
Not really, most people who order shoes from Eastbay don't typically care about the shape of the box because they order in bulk for team sports.  Most people in general don't give a @**% about the box really. Container Store is the way to go. Only collectors I suppose really care about keeping the actual box. They offer the gift method for a little extra if people want to keep this worthless shoe box which needs to be done away.  $200+ shoes warrant respectable cases Nike.  Lebron gets a slide out for cheaper shoe?  These deserve a badass case for once.  Foamposite is unlike any other and should have a stand out box.  @$%@%!$ just do it Nike

It is eastbay's fault, really. Did Eastbay stated that the box is FRAGILE while being sent in a bag?  How do you know if people who order from Eastbay do not care about the condition of the box in general? Did you take a poll? Especially if you spend about 2 bills for some sneakers) it does not matter if you are a collector or not. But the person receiving their shoes in with a damaged box is completely uncalled for. I was disgusted at looking at that box.

If they cared about the box then they would pay the extra for gift packaging and stop complaining since they don't pay tax or shipping.  Eastbay deals with bulk orders and could care less about someone who orders 1 pair of shoes for $200.  Yes they should use a normal shipping box when shipping 1 pair but they don't and we all know this so why do people act like this a surprise?  Foot Locker caters to the INDIVIDUAL while Eastbay does team sports. Find it amusing people whining about their box after dropping $200 on a pair of shoes, if you are too cheap to buy the gift packaging when ordering from Eastbay just go somewhere else.  I get disgusted reading dribble over a box like it is the end of the world. 

Ok, you do have a point about people acting like it is a surprise that they can get a beat up shoe box from Eastbay. At least some of us that is on this forum or ordered from Eastbay in the past should know that they are infamous for sending sneakers in a plastic bag unless you buy something extra or if it is a pair of Jordans from which I heard. I never actually purchased from Eastbay, but I attempted twice for the Air Jordan 3 DB and Air Jordan 7 Year of the Rabbit and failed both times. But, as I stated in my previous post, it is still uncalled for and UNACCEPTABLE, and I do not care how much the sneaker cost. This is BAD business. If that is the case, indicate on the plastic bag they ship it in and label it FRAGILE so that the Post Office has to be responsible for handling the package. 

bjamintrotter wrote:

It is eastbay's fault, really. Did Eastbay stated that the box is FRAGILE while being sent in a bag?  How do you know if people who order from Eastbay do not care about the condition of the box in general? Did you take a poll? Especially if you spend about 2 bills for some sneakers) it does not matter if you are a collector or not. But the person receiving their shoes in with a damaged box is completely uncalled for. I was disgusted at looking at that box.

If they cared about the box then they would pay the extra for gift packaging and stop complaining since they don't pay tax or shipping.  Eastbay deals with bulk orders and could care less about someone who orders 1 pair of shoes for $200.  Yes they should use a normal shipping box when shipping 1 pair but they don't and we all know this so why do people act like this a surprise?  Foot Locker caters to the INDIVIDUAL while Eastbay does team sports. Find it amusing people whining about their box after dropping $200 on a pair of shoes, if you are too cheap to buy the gift packaging when ordering from Eastbay just go somewhere else.  I get disgusted reading dribble over a box like it is the end of the world. 

Ok, you do have a point about people acting like it is a surprise that they can get a beat up shoe box from Eastbay. At least some of us that is on this forum or ordered from Eastbay in the past should know that they are infamous for sending sneakers in a plastic bag unless you buy something extra or if it is a pair of Jordans from which I heard. I never actually purchased from Eastbay, but I attempted twice for the Air Jordan 3 DB and Air Jordan 7 Year of the Rabbit and failed both times. But, as I stated in my previous post, it is still uncalled for and UNACCEPTABLE, and I do not care how much the sneaker cost. This is BAD business. If that is the case, indicate on the plastic bag they ship it in and label it FRAGILE so that the Post Office has to be responsible for handling the package. 

I don't agree with the plastic bag shipping either but it has been Eastbay's standard for shipping for some time I believe.  Remember ordering shoes and cleats in grade school(mid 90s) and always getting the plastic bag and wondering how they sealed in.  The bag was also a definite sign that new shoes have arrived.  That being 15 years ago and they still ship lone shoe orders via the bag.  They use to ship USPS back in the day and I never got a destroyed box like these pictures are showing in all my orders through out the years.  I can only wonder what the ##@* UPS is doing with these boxes or the Cyberdyne style machines handling all the parcels just too much for the bags.  I would NEVER rely on Eastbay for a new release either with their joke timer system.  But other than that they are a great company with excellent customer service.   LONG LIVE THE BAG

bjamintrotter wrote:

I don't agree with the plastic bag shipping either but it has been Eastbay's standard for shipping for some time I believe.  Remember ordering shoes and cleats in grade school(mid 90s) and always getting the plastic bag and wondering how they sealed in.  The bag was also a definite sign that new shoes have arrived.  That being 15 years ago and they still ship lone shoe orders via the bag.  They use to ship USPS back in the day and I never got a destroyed box like these pictures are showing in all my orders through out the years.  I can only wonder what the ##@* UPS is doing with these boxes or the Cyberdyne style machines handling all the parcels just too much for the bags.  I would NEVER rely on Eastbay for a new release either with their joke timer system.  But other than that they are a great company with excellent customer service.   LONG LIVE THE BAG

Originally Posted by AGrownAssMan

Originally Posted by SneakTheDon

Got mines yesterday, got the laces in the mail from Fully Laced today. Beats the pink all day.....

It does look better than the pink ones. But i would still keep the stock black laces on them..

lace swapping is horrible man fine as is

Got mines yesterday, got the laces in the mail from Fully Laced today. Beats the pink all day.....

It does look better than the pink ones. But i would still keep the stock black laces on them..

Originally Posted by you big dummy

21j0pk7.jpg

2qmgaj6.jpg

where can i find this hat?  any help appreciated. thanks

copped my pair today and on the display in the front of the store there was a pair laced with pink laces....

i live in baltimore so i didnt think people were gonna gravitate towards that. but once i was in line to cop there were two old heads (about 42 & 33) that were askin for the pink laces. i couldnt help but think... "wow, these old clowns are really just fallin in line with this foolishness?"

we all know the pink is wack as hell (as well as those teal ones posted) so thats not what this post is about, but what i wanna know is....

who or what forum was the 1rst to come up with the idea to put pink laces in these? whichever idiot INITIALLY compared these to the south beaches is to blame for the recent wave of wackness....

copped my pair today and on the display in the front of the store there was a pair laced with pink laces....

i live in baltimore so i didnt think people were gonna gravitate towards that. but once i was in line to cop there were two old heads (about 42 & 33) that were askin for the pink laces. i couldnt help but think... "wow, these old clowns are really just fallin in line with this foolishness?"

we all know the pink is wack as hell (as well as those teal ones posted) so thats not what this post is about, but what i wanna know is....

who or what forum was the 1rst to come up with the idea to put pink laces in these? whichever idiot INITIALLY compared these to the south beaches is to blame for the recent wave of wackness....

i couldn't do the electric green, but these are straight
pimp.gif
for me.  Not sure why everyone feels the need to match SO MUCH.  these work fine with anything black or white.  Its summer but you don't have to be retro blue'd out for these to work.  Well done on the colorway though IMO.  South Beach Brons have a much more feminine/pinkish feel to them than these do.

i couldn't do the electric green, but these are straight
pimp.gif
for me.  Not sure why everyone feels the need to match SO MUCH.  these work fine with anything black or white.  Its summer but you don't have to be retro blue'd out for these to work.  Well done on the colorway though IMO.  South Beach Brons have a much more feminine/pinkish feel to them than these do.

Originally Posted by sneakerst

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Eastbay never ships double boxed for single pair purchases. This is not new anyone the orders from eastbay on a regular basis should know this. They just recently started double boxing Jordans and Jordans use to come in that stupid plastice bag before.

Also any box they ship will come trashed like that for 2 reasons.

1. Nike moved to using these eco-friendly boxes which are paper thin and can't hold up for nothing. Atleast the old boxes would hold up somewhat even after getting thrown around.
2. They use UPS. UPS and Fedex don't give a damn and throw boxes around like nothing. USPS(post office) were the only shipper where they didn't destroy boxes but that doesn't matter anymore because the new boxes cannot even be lightly thrown since it's literally like paper.

Only solution is order 2 or more pairs it will come double boxed if you aren't ordering Jordans. The other option is to pay the extra to double box like they offer when you checkout or just purchase instore.

These new Nike boxes are a travesty.  Dealing with them day in and day out has gotten really annoying.  They just dont stack the same, and break when you try to pull the box out... so annoying... 
mad.gif

I wonder if Eastbay has automated packaging... kinda like what you see on those food network shows of them packaging up bags of chips... this would save them some $ which is prolly why they dont double box in the first place.  If you think about how many shoes/packages they ship day in day out, the cost of boxes would be huge.  
The boxes we use don't come cheap, but as we are sneaker guys ourselves, we try to approach things from a consumers point of view. Most def wouldnt want a foamposite shoe come in a plastic bag...  
frown.gif
one of the reasons besides the crazyness now of foam releases 
that i will be ordering the pine foams from sneaker street either at the end of August or the start of September 

sneaker st uses quality boxes and ships super quick 

thanks again sneaker st for the "south beach foams"

although i wish the price is closer to retail or at retail as past foam releases 

I was still a happy customer ordering from you 
wink.gif

this was my first order from you guys and your one of the best "mom and pop" websites i have ordered from 

will do business with you again in the future 

Originally Posted by sneakerst

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Eastbay never ships double boxed for single pair purchases. This is not new anyone the orders from eastbay on a regular basis should know this. They just recently started double boxing Jordans and Jordans use to come in that stupid plastice bag before.

Also any box they ship will come trashed like that for 2 reasons.

1. Nike moved to using these eco-friendly boxes which are paper thin and can't hold up for nothing. Atleast the old boxes would hold up somewhat even after getting thrown around.
2. They use UPS. UPS and Fedex don't give a damn and throw boxes around like nothing. USPS(post office) were the only shipper where they didn't destroy boxes but that doesn't matter anymore because the new boxes cannot even be lightly thrown since it's literally like paper.

Only solution is order 2 or more pairs it will come double boxed if you aren't ordering Jordans. The other option is to pay the extra to double box like they offer when you checkout or just purchase instore.

These new Nike boxes are a travesty.  Dealing with them day in and day out has gotten really annoying.  They just dont stack the same, and break when you try to pull the box out... so annoying... 
mad.gif

I wonder if Eastbay has automated packaging... kinda like what you see on those food network shows of them packaging up bags of chips... this would save them some $ which is prolly why they dont double box in the first place.  If you think about how many shoes/packages they ship day in day out, the cost of boxes would be huge.  
The boxes we use don't come cheap, but as we are sneaker guys ourselves, we try to approach things from a consumers point of view. Most def wouldnt want a foamposite shoe come in a plastic bag...  
frown.gif
one of the reasons besides the crazyness now of foam releases 
that i will be ordering the pine foams from sneaker street either at the end of August or the start of September 

sneaker st uses quality boxes and ships super quick 

thanks again sneaker st for the "south beach foams"

although i wish the price is closer to retail or at retail as past foam releases 

I was still a happy customer ordering from you 
wink.gif

this was my first order from you guys and your one of the best "mom and pop" websites i have ordered from 

will do business with you again in the future 

Originally Posted by Tony906

roll.gif
send those laces back

Originally Posted by Tony906

roll.gif
send those laces back

I've kept mine in my closet since i bought them on release day, took them out again today and damn it hit me hard how great they look compared to pictures.

I'm trying to keep them DS for a while but they're too nice. I'm sad that my real size was sold out at the store i bought them, had to go a half size up but i'm glad i got them on discount regardless.

NY heads, dude said HOH on 34th only restocked 30 pairs, the FTL i went to in Socal only got 20 pairs initially
frown.gif

I've kept mine in my closet since i bought them on release day, took them out again today and damn it hit me hard how great they look compared to pictures.

I'm trying to keep them DS for a while but they're too nice. I'm sad that my real size was sold out at the store i bought them, had to go a half size up but i'm glad i got them on discount regardless.

NY heads, dude said HOH on 34th only restocked 30 pairs, the FTL i went to in Socal only got 20 pairs initially
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom