Nike Air Foamposite Pro "Gym Green" 6/30

Originally Posted by ucmeatuci

Originally Posted by Deezrsackolishus

cashback? what you talkin bout willis?
A lot of sites like fatwallet.com, ebates.com, etc. have cash back programs for buying through their sponsor link. All you have to do is click on the link and it drops a "cookie" into your browsing session that lets them know you made the purchase through those sites. In return, the retailer pays a commission to these sites for the referral and you get a small % as cash back. I think both sites currently offer 6% cash back for nikestore.com. Make sure you read the fine print as some purchases will void the cash back program. I use this all the time and think of it as a discount on my tax. It never quite covers the entire tax rate (7.75% for me in Southern California) but every little bit helps. More money in my pocket to buy other shoes. 
smile.gif
Thanks ucmeatuci, couldn't explain it any better.  PM'ed you deez.

I ordered these earlier around 7 PM just because they were still available. I was browsing the thread and someone posted the Nike link showing plenty of sizes. Added to cart as a joke and it went through...

I'll be a little annoyed if they cancel my order since I did make an attempt to cop. If I do receive em, I'll make my decision to keep or sell then.

Originally Posted by thadangerousmind

Like any foamposite these sat all weekend in Dallas. Nobody is paying $220 plus for these things.

Ebay says otherwise right now.

Crazy, I wasn't initially feeling them off pics, but saw them in-store and couldn't resist the urge to take them home for further examination
smile.gif

They are a very intriguing to look at, and I still cannot pinpoint a color. Thinking somewhere between a bronze with touch of a purple/salmon blend, and just noticed slight green in the cuts when held to light.

Ordered a couple more pairs today, too

you guys flipping these are gonna take a serious L unless you just have money to burn for a long, long time.
after fees and shipping, you will need to sell the shoes for near 300 just to make it worth while. thats IF you dont use ebay.

i foresee many pairs being returned.

C'mon bigj505, I'm not a crazy stockroom style reseller, I trade for hobby, but in a year (maybe two) what decent foamposite doesn't sell for $300. Now's just time to unload what I've been holding the past couple years, and so on
smile.gif

And, not that we look to breakeven, but breakeven on eBay is $250 on $220 retail. You can get that and build your rating if necessary. For fun, of course.

U don't even break even on eBay for 250. eBay and paypal take about 11%. Then you need shipping to the buyer. And if you paid sales tax when you purchasd the shoes, you have to make more for sure. Not all foams hit $300 after a year. Some take time for sure. Ex pearl pros, cough drops, cactus, black red, etc. Your best bet is to wait and see if you can get pairs below retail so you are already starting with a head start.

Originally Posted by bigj505

you guys flipping these are gonna take a serious L unless you just have money to burn for a long, long time.
after fees and shipping, you will need to sell the shoes for near 300 just to make it worth while. thats IF you dont use ebay.

i foresee many pairs being returned.

Originally Posted by cdynasty24

And, not that we look to breakeven, but breakeven on eBay is $250 on $220 retail. You can get that and build your rating if necessary. For fun, of course.

Actually pairs are going for less than retail on ebay and most that are over aren't selling.  If you're gonna hold onto a shoe for a year to get $30 profit after fees and shipping then you really should look up the time value of money

My order got canceled on ndc, called they don't know why. Oh well. seems to be about retail on bay.
How long does it take to get credit back from ndc if I used paypal?
It was canceled yesterday and still shows "pending."
I want a pair now!!

eBay is crazy right now, 75% of foamposites for sale are the gym greens! re-sellers out there queueing up for nothing by the looks of it.

Originally Posted by Lil Buttas

Originally Posted by mobbyluii

either they made TOO many pairs, or these foams did not sell well at all!

Made too many pairs......I wonder if these will go on sale in some places....or if ppl will compensate for these in a week or two(if they are still sittig) if they cant cop the upcoming releases this month......
Do you think more pairs of these were made than the usual Foam amount? I don't think so. I just think people weren't really checking for these.

Originally Posted by Troyk1m

Originally Posted by cdynasty24

Actually pairs are going for less than retail on ebay and most that are over aren't selling.  If you're gonna hold onto a shoe for a year to get $30 profit after fees and shipping then you really should look up the time value of money

I see a lot of listings that are ending over retail for sizes 12-14. People paying $275+ for them now. Still not much profit to be made for the resellers without a nike discount. Only going to see about $10 after the fact.

still salty that i had to settle for an 11, and call myself getting to the store within 25 mins to get my wristband lol.

i made my mistake with the pearls as they say at the tempe factory for a minute. i started there last june and they sat until a clearance sale. needless to say, i didn't pick them up. same for the cough drops! i think it's dependent upon the area you live that these are either doing well or crappy.

The tone in this thread has shifted dramatically...like twice. remember when this thread was 20 pages deep...dudes was talkin bout how this will be an easy, hype-free cop. Even on release day, people were like "these are whack" or "don't really see what the hype was about".

You had your occassional reseller hater that doesn't care about the shoe, just bitter about resellers gettin theirs...they were laughing talkin bout how resellers are getting stuck with these...this that and the third.

Now it seems like a scramble to grab the remaining available pairs. People "helpin" people...NDC cart manipulation...dudes bragging about being able to cop multiple pairs.

I'm not gonna speculate what's happening...actually, yes I am. I'd say there's a mix...some d-riders...there's also some people that pretty much define "hypebeast" that are in total denial; as in when the kicks were sitting on shelves, they didn't want them...now they're starting to be less available and they wish they copped...YOU guys are extra sharp cheddar.

I'ma say it like i said it days ago...these foams are DOPE. To me, it's not even a competition, these are the best foams of the year...leaps and bounds ahead of the galaxys...and marginally ahead of the metallic reds. Glad I got minesesesss.

These are definitely a Love/Hate shoe. I am not a hypebeast in no way, but personally I would rank these above 2010 Eggs, Pewters, and arguablely Coppers. They are smooth as hell. Yes, Coppers would be a tough argument, but even those are overrated

And bigj, for me yes, to breakeven on eBay and PayPal would be listing and selling for 250. Shipping not included, no bs listing packages and no tax in NJ on original purchase.

If only $30 profit in a year it two, it's all good, pairs are my size, I can rock em. We collect shoes, its what we do, not always for profit.

Originally Posted by apthekid

The tone in this thread has shifted dramatically...like twice. remember when this thread was 20 pages deep...dudes was talkin bout how this will be an easy, hype-free cop. Even on release day, people were like "these are whack" or "don't really see what the hype was about".

You had your occassional reseller hater that doesn't care about the shoe, just bitter about resellers gettin theirs...they were laughing talkin bout how resellers are getting stuck with these...this that and the third.

Now it seems like a scramble to grab the remaining available pairs. People "helpin" people...NDC cart manipulation...dudes bragging about being able to cop multiple pairs.

I'm not gonna speculate what's happening...actually, yes I am. I'd say there's a mix...some d-riders...there's also some people that pretty much define "hypebeast" that are in total denial; as in when the kicks were sitting on shelves, they didn't want them...now they're starting to be less available and they wish they copped...YOU guys are extra sharp cheddar.

I'ma say it like i said it days ago...these foams are DOPE. To me, it's not even a competition, these are the best foams of the year...leaps and bounds ahead of the galaxys...and marginally ahead of the metallic reds. Glad I got minesesesss.
Well said.  Me personally, I buy kicks I intend to rock.  No sitting in a box, no staying DS, or no "still icy".  Nah, I paid good money for these foams and I intend to put in my frequent sneaker rotation.  

wasn't going to get these, but if I can get a pair for under retail on ebay, I'll do it.

That's crazy paying $275 for PROS that aren't OG like the Pearls aka Tim Duncan's. What has become of the Shoe Game???
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom