Nike Air Force 270 - clicking - popping sound when walking.

This is my second pair, sent the 1st pair back, but these do the same thing. Anyone else have issues? It seems to be on the bottom center air bag where the "I" is. Trying to think of a way to stop it. I don't think it is something that would just go away.

Attachments

• 20180411_204036.jpg
    20180411_204036.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 7,165
I have the same popping noise happening with mine. I've searched everywhere and this was the only place to have brought up this issue.
Even YouTuber reviews don't mention anything about it.

Have you found a solution to the problem?

I have the same popping noise happening with mine. I've searched everywhere and this was the only place to have brought up this issue.
Even YouTuber reviews don't mention anything about it.

Have you found a solution to the problem?

Have not found a solution, I tried 2 pairs. My only guess is my weight around 280 causes the middle air pocket "air" to hit weird or something. Its definitely coming from that area. If you push on the "I" you can hear the sound kind of.

I'm 220-230 and same problem. I haven't tried to push the "I" there to see for the sound but will check it out. Wonder if shaving down the letter would make any difference ?

Wearing these is the only time I prefer to walk on carpet so that it doesn't make noise.

I'm 220-230 and same problem. I haven't tried to push the "I" there to see for the sound but will check it out. Wonder if shaving down the letter would make any difference ?

Wearing these is the only time I prefer to walk on carpet so that it doesn't make noise.
don't do that cause the whole airbag will collapse. its connected to the outer airbag. you can see a little tub connecting it.

i have the same issue in my pair, i haven't worn them much but from i remember it doesn't always happens, btw I'm about 155lb

i’m 195 and same exact issue. sounds like a damn horse gallop when i walk lol. i can’t stand it. but i think because the back is in shape of a horse shoe , so maybe some clear silicone caulk around the empty space will leave it to be silent

Hahaha horse shoe !! Totally sounds like that when I walk through the warehouse at my job. If you end up trying something and it works please share. I almost wanted to post the question in the thread above that in the 270 chat but on my Air Max 270 I don't have the popping , horse galloping sound.

This is an old thread, but I just got a pair and noticed this as well. I found that if you press on the "air" on the sole, you can hear and feel a small air leak on the medial side of the air unit where it connects to the arch of the midsole. Clearly a defect, and it seems like this is an issue that affected a decent number of the 270 units. Not sure if putting a small dab of silicone on the hole would fix the noise, but I suspect that once the air pressure is gone, it's pretty hopeless as the center of the air sole unit is collapsing upon itself, causing the weird suction noise of rubber on rubber.

Same issue here, bought a few weeks ago. Love the shoe but they're ridiculously loud when I walk, especially in quiet indoor environments, and on smooth concrete flooring. Sounds like someone playing with suction cups, or someone playing ping pong in the distance, or one of those rubber popper toys launching with every step. Size 10, 165lb.

I got a pair last week and have only worn them once. I don't THINK I noticed a problem, but now I'm worried.

I will try mine out again and post, just as an FYI.

Does this happen from day one? Or this is something that happened over a couple of wears? Anyone try the baby powder under the insole trick?

This clicking and popping sound would happen with newer SBs but it'll go away with after a couple of wears. Curious to see about these because I'll eventually get a pair or two.

Does this happen from day one? Or this is something that happened over a couple of wears? Anyone try the baby powder under the insole trick?

Yes starts on day 1, continues on day ~30. I have custom insoles that squeaked like crazy in these shoes, but moleskin and dryer sheets fixed that issue. The click/pop is a different issue.

Last edited:
I'm scared to post and jinx myself.

I tried mine out several more times, including to work today.

I haven't heard anything unusual, luckily.

I never hear mine on carpet, or when outside on the street, only indoors on smooth, hard surfaces like polished concrete.

Bought a pair last week waiting for them to be delivered, and I'm hoping this defect passes me.

I have 2 pairs 1 men’s 1 woman’s and both make a clicking noise coming from the left shoe with every step....sooooo annoying I literally cannot wear them

Back
Top Bottom