NIKE AIR GRIFFEY MAX 360 - SPRING 2013

Nike Air Griffey Max 360 via CounterKicks.com

nike-air-griffey-max-360-white-fresh-water-black-spring-2013-counterkicks.jpg

The relaunch of Nike’s Ken Griffey Jr. signature line over the past couple years has helped the company take giant market share in the athletic cross-training category. The business in reissuing Griffey footwear has been so good for Nike in fact that it’s led to spinoffs, as all profit driven franchises do. This new Swingman inspired model is just the latest. We give you a first look here at Spring 2013 styles in the Nike Air Griffey Max 360.

Previewed in five colorways, including the always distinguished “Fresh Water

There's a thread for these already,but I don't remember these colorways though.

They're still terrible and they look like golf shoes to me for some reason.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

There's a thread for these already,but I don't remember these colorways though.

They're still terrible and they look like golf shoes to me for some reason.
Yeah, these are definitely some newer scans/pics of the colorways.
But still... that upper "could" have some potential with some creative color-blocking, but with that outsole again, it's a turn-off... Meh.  
tired.gif

I'm not mad at these. I would wear a few of those.
I'd rather them putting a new model on a 360 sole than the older stuff.

I'm not mad at these. I would wear a few of those.
I'd rather them putting a new model on a 360 sole than the older stuff.

The Upper has great potential but I side with others on being tired of the same type of 360 Sole.

Perhaps down the line they will give them something else.. I would have taken the Full Max Air Sole over these...

still mad I didn't cop the griffey 1s when they came out. i might wear that sprite colorway but the rest im not really feeling too much

Nike NEEDS to stop with the BS already and drop these:
Nike-Swingman-Max-360-Black-Red.jpg

I was....and will remain....hyped for these.

I'm sure the shoe is supposed to remind others of another Griffey shoe.. I kind of think they look like the zoom 2k3s with the back colored piece, and the front white piece.. Of course, 9 years back, they did it right... Then we have the 360 sole that completely throws it all off. It's sad we haven't advanced much.. 360 soles are holding them back.. It's the ultimate crutch.

Wally... I like that call my man... I didnt see that DNA until you called it.

Good stuff indeed.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Argh. Those samples almost restored my faith... 
eyes.gif

Oh well. 
ohwell.gif

Yeah Wally, good call on that reference.  Someone please PS a lower-profile outsole on these Grifs...

was gonna down these but looking closer at pics there not bad but colors and pricetag are killing these

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Nike-Swingman-Max-360-Black-Red.jpg

These were very nice to look at but, IMO, the upper and sole balance was a little off. I felt as though the upper was too thin for the heavier bottom.

I felt this model had the most potential for awesome colorways. Dare I say more so the than Air Griffey Max I.
embarassed.gif

Sadly, the projected release (according to the tag) has come and gone. If only......

^^could be right but it still would've done really really well.
I had showed those to people who aren't in this culture as deep as we are, but are heavy Griffey fans(shoes and player), were harassing me for information on their release. I mean...the Swingman remix was quite a shoe but that 360 would have blown the lid open on the Griffey line.

instead we get 360 Jr's, Fury's, and now this....

so #$%&^+@* sick of Nike showing that they can do it....but won't....
mad.gif

/rant

Back
Top Bottom