Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Went to my local footaction at 6 pm after all the reserved pairs were claimed. They had 18 pairs leftover. They did a live raffle and I got the last pair [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

All they had left for me was a size 13 though. I was looking for a size 10.5/11. Anyone in LA lookin to size swap?

After spending some time with mind I'd have to say Chi 2015>Banned 2016>Black Toe2016

So I ended up with two pairs of these black toes and posted one pair for sale to a local fb group. Started browsing thru the group and saw someone asking to trade a pair of SBB 2.0s for black toes, same size, DS condition. I jumped on em quick and met up with dude after driving an hour. Checked em out and and then drove an hour back home. Love shoe for shoe trades. It's like I paid retail because essentially I did. Today was a good day :pimp:

View media item 2221831

I tried all day to do this

No dice

Glad for u though

I don't get your reply?

Banned are a very dark red which is ugly, that's my complaint plus the whole tumbled leather gimmick

Black toes are great and brightness of the red

Banned are crap

People will disagree and that's fine!

I think it varies from pair to pair. My Banneds had a brighter shade of red similar to the 2013s

I think it varies from pair to pair. My Banneds had a brighter shade of red similar to the 2013s

It definitely varies. The shade of red one of my pairs is a shade darker than the 2013's, but my other pair is almost like a deep red. The shade of red used on these is perfect imo.

it sucks paying resell on a pair, it sucks even worse paying resell on two pairs
frown.gif

So I ended up with two pairs of these black toes and posted one pair for sale to a local fb group. Started browsing thru the group and saw someone asking to trade a pair of SBB 2.0s for black toes, same size, DS condition. I jumped on em quick and met up with dude after driving an hour. Checked em out and and then drove an hour back home. Love shoe for shoe trades. It's like I paid retail because essentially I did. Today was a good day :pimp:

View media item 2221831

False.

You spent 2 hours driving to and from trade.

Prob 30 min talking during the trade.

Another 30 min to and from the store to pick up the black toes.

Factor in $20 in gas..

3 hours of time plus $20 in gas...

To me, that's not retail - I rather pay resale ticket.

That's just me tho

Last edited:
it sucks paying resell on a pair, it sucks even worse paying resell on two pairs:frown:
You doubled up? I guess it all depends on how much you pay, everyone has their own grails and their limits. I decided to stop paying resell altogether.. wprried about the royal blues tho... looking forward to the storm blues droppin in dec.

You doubled up? I guess it all depends on how much you pay, everyone has their own grails and their limits. I decided to stop paying resell altogether.. wprried about the royal blues tho... looking forward to the storm blues droppin in dec.
i got one pair for 270 i want another one but will probably wait a couple weeks more on that one.

2016 Bred for 2015 Chicago? Thinking of finding someone for that trade
I was able to make that trade with a fellow NTer. Fortunately for me, I had his size and he had my size (shoes were a half size apart). I was able to complete the 2015 Chi, 2016 Banned and 2016 BT trio today. Only thing missing is Royals and Shadows, which hopefully I'll be able to grab both next year if they release.

Is it just me or is there less padding near the ankle on the BTs than the Banned 2016s? Could just be me picking up a 13 this time instead of a 14 though

Back
Top Bottom