Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "UNC" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Did you go half size down on Chicago's too, or a half size down from those on these? I haven't worn my UNC yet, but got 9.5 in both, and just after trying on thought they both fit about the same. I can feel my toes at the ends when I walk in Chicago's, but my heel feels like there's a bit of room. Wondering now if I shoulda went with 9's :frown: I've always just stuck with 9.5 in J1's for the narrow toe box, but 9's in most everything else. I hate that we can't try sizes in current stuff given the scarcity.
I went a half size down in my Chicago's and SBB's as well. My true size is 9.5, but the 2015 releases seem to fit me a tad loose in my size, 9.5.

Did you go half size down on Chicago's too, or a half size down from those on these? I haven't worn my UNC yet, but got 9.5 in both, and just after trying on thought they both fit about the same. I can feel my toes at the ends when I walk in Chicago's, but my heel feels like there's a bit of room. Wondering now if I shoulda went with 9's :frown: I've always just stuck with 9.5 in J1's for the narrow toe box, but 9's in most everything else. I hate that we can't try sizes in current stuff given the scarcity.

Half size down for chi, sbb, and unc

Anyone have the production dates for a sz 11? I have 3 pairs of sz 11. Each start at 5/13/15. Two pairs end at 7/24/15. The other 8/7/15. Anyone have the same 8/7/15 one?

You'd figure with his income and price of his car he would have paid for it in full or paid it off by now and save on interest. No point in keeping a payment if he already has an 800 credit score. Based off of his SN, I think i have some idea where you would be paying 400.00 a month for mortgage.
$65k isn't a hell of a lot of money and an 800 credit score buys you (practically) free money with low interest rates.

A few days ago the topic of resellers came up. What some people don't realize is that Air Jordan "re-selling" has been around since the mid-late 90s when we, the sneaker nation, was doin it with the OG J's. There were no crazy raffles, no bots, no sneaker sites that published RD's in advance, no tweets... u just had to know who to talk to and network among the people who worked at the stores. EVERYTHING was fcfs. Shoes weren't as "limited" because they were originals and all of em were pretty much GR's. And here's the kicker: there was no strict enforcement of the one pair per customer rule. Hence, collectors, hoopsters, and yes, resellers, would cop multiple pairs at a time, which created scarcity and eventually the shoe would sell out within a day or two, thus creating demand. It was very rare that Nike would re-stock because a brand new colorway was set to release within a couple months.

I remember when the OG 12s dropped for the '96-97 NBA season, the first colorway to drop in the fall was the taxi. Instant sell out- retail was about $125 or so (cant exactly remember off the top of my head) and resale price reached upwards of $330. By Christmas u had the Obsidians, which was another sell out. Before the All-Star break, MJ had already broke out the white/red 12s (I refrain from calling them "Cherry" - that's the worst nickname ever for a pair of J's) during away games. Mike wore the taxis primarily during home games. So by Feb., the white/reds dropped and sold out instantly but all the hype that year centered around the playoff 12s, which was the last colorway released right before the playoffs started. Resale was easily in the $300-350 range.

Believe it or not, resale value was actually higher for GR og's back then than they are now for retros and remasters, particularly because there weren't really such things as "limited size run pairs" or "quickstrikes" or "special collabs" which are the types of pairs that generally have high resale prices nowadays.

Pretty lengthy but hope you enjoyed taking a trip back in time with me....I miss the good ol' days when sneaker collecting was much much simpler, obtaining a pair was hassle-free, and people actually appreciated re-sellers because 99.9% of the people who copped em for retail WORE THEIR J'S! Which means if they were still available for re-sale, you were getting a very limited aftermarket DS pair in spite of the $150 markup because more than likely there was only a handful left out in the market that hadn't touched concrete.

Shut up

A few days ago the topic of resellers came up. What some people don't realize is that Air Jordan "re-selling" has been around since the mid-late 90s when we, the sneaker nation, was doin it with the OG J's. There were no crazy raffles, no bots, no sneaker sites that published RD's in advance, no tweets... u just had to know who to talk to and network among the people who worked at the stores. EVERYTHING was fcfs. Shoes weren't as "limited" because they were originals and all of em were pretty much GR's. And here's the kicker: there was no strict enforcement of the one pair per customer rule. Hence, collectors, hoopsters, and yes, resellers, would cop multiple pairs at a time, which created scarcity and eventually the shoe would sell out within a day or two, thus creating demand. It was very rare that Nike would re-stock because a brand new colorway was set to release within a couple months.

I remember when the OG 12s dropped for the '96-97 NBA season, the first colorway to drop in the fall was the taxi. Instant sell out- retail was about $125 or so (cant exactly remember off the top of my head) and resale price reached upwards of $330. By Christmas u had the Obsidians, which was another sell out. Before the All-Star break, MJ had already broke out the white/red 12s (I refrain from calling them "Cherry" - that's the worst nickname ever for a pair of J's) during away games. Mike wore the taxis primarily during home games. So by Feb., the white/reds dropped and sold out instantly but all the hype that year centered around the playoff 12s, which was the last colorway released right before the playoffs started. Resale was easily in the $300-350 range.

Believe it or not, resale value was actually higher for GR og's back then than they are now for retros and remasters, particularly because there weren't really such things as "limited size run pairs" or "quickstrikes" or "special collabs" which are the types of pairs that generally have high resale prices nowadays.

Pretty lengthy but hope you enjoyed taking a trip back in time with me....I miss the good ol' days when sneaker collecting was much much simpler, obtaining a pair was hassle-free, and people actually appreciated re-sellers because 99.9% of the people who copped em for retail WORE THEIR J'S! Which means if they were still available for re-sale, you were getting a very limited aftermarket DS pair in spite of the $150 markup because more than likely there was only a handful left out in the market that hadn't touched concrete.

View media item 145564

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Me? I don't ever remember saying anything about the Laney... maybe I did and it escapes memory but I remember shaming some idiot that thought they could trade UNCs for Chicagos. Congrats on the trade though.

You do know your on niketalk right ? We know all this
But thanks anyway

not everyone knows this . you going to tell me that all these damn kids that just started collecting two years ago know this info? yeah no :rofl:

Last edited:
Ay believe it or not, it happened and I'm happy that I got my pair! Now if I can have some better luck on the aqua 8s and maroons 6s then that will end the year off right.

I'm just playing with you, great trade man. Straight trade?

Back
Top Bottom