Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19144-1386634488-28.gif

Can't really blame him for reselling to make money so he can buy a pair he actually wants

What are the chances the pair he gets would have gone to someone who isn't just gonna do the same damn thing anyway
Still another pair available.

Still another pair available.
Yeah another pair that will most likely go to someone who won't actually wear them

Don't hate the player hate the game. People don't like resellers but really it's nikes fault for selling a shoe for $200 that people are willing to pay $500 for. Yeah it sucks people who can't afford $500 for a pair of shoes aren't able to get a pair they want. but it also sucks I can't buy a house or a car for half the price other people pay

Don't hate the player hate the game. People don't like resellers but really it's nikes fault for selling a shoe for $200 that people are willing to pay $500 for. Yeah it sucks people who can't afford $500 for a pair of shoes aren't able to get a pair they want. but it also sucks I can't buy a house or a car for half the price other people pay

Nope

The game is to collect and wear classic/beloved shoes as a hobby, fashion statement, sentimentality etc.

Buying a shoe you don't want for the sole purpose of reselling it for profit is not part of "the game", its just what scummy leeches do

Nope

The game is to collect and wear classic/beloved shoes as a hobby, fashion statement, sentimentality etc.

Buying a shoe you don't want for the sole purpose of reselling it for profit is not part of "the game", its just what scummy leeches do
I understand that, but I disagree that it isn't part of "the game" now. Some resellers keep personal pairs for what they want, some don't. I know of guys that resell to put back into the hobby (i.e. Sell what they don't want to pay for the releases they do) Not saying that it is right, but it is certainly part of the current environment or "game."

Nope

So if your friend came up to you and said "hey man buy these sneakers off me for $200, and I also know this guy who will buy them off you for $500" would you really say no. It's $300 easy

If you gotta resell a pair you don't want to be able to afford a pair you do want, I don't see the problem

I understand that, but I disagree that it isn't part of "the game" now. Some resellers keep personal pairs for what they want, some don't. I know of guys that resell to put back into the hobby (i.e. Sell what they don't want to pay for the releases they do) Not saying that it is right, but it is certainly part of the current environment or "game."
Exactly

All these people on here talking about their DS pairs and having stacks of shoes they never wear...they're resellers, they're just taking longer to do the actual reselling

But resllers are the reason Nike can drive the prices up. It shows Nike that people are willing to put forth the extra $100-$200+ for shoes they really want. If you're willing to pay that kind of money to someone you don't know over the internet then why wouldn't you be willing to shell that money out to get it straight from the source? And the funny thing is, dudes buying USED shoes for OVER retail. What other product's value rises after it's used?

That's a selfish mentality to say "well SOMEONE is gonna be doing it. might as well get on it yourself and make some cash" because it does **** things up.

But as long as the market is available and the demand is there people gonna keep doing and and prices will keep rising.

Last edited:
So if your friend came up to you and said "hey man buy these sneakers off me for $200, and I also know this guy who will buy them off you for $500" would you really say no. It's $300 easy

If your motivation is to make profit, thats fine. Just admit that you're a reseller, and don't respect the shoes

If you gotta resell a pair you don't want to be able to afford a pair you do want, I don't see the problem

If your motivation is that you can't afford the shoes without a reselling side-hustle, then you probably shouldn't be wasting money on $200 pairs, much less $500

And also recognize that the reason you can only find $500 resale prices for the pairs you want is because of other people doing the same as you

edit* "you" as in hypothetical, not a personal attack

Last edited:

But resllers are the reason Nike can drive the prices up. It shows Nike that people are willing to put forth the extra $100-$200+ for shoes they really want. If you're willing to pay that kind of money to someone you don't know over the internet then why wouldn't you be willing to shell that money out to get it straight from the source? And the funny thing is, dudes buying USED shoes for OVER retail. What other product's value rises after it's used?

That's a selfish mentality to say "well SOMEONE is gonna be doing it. might as well get on it yourself and make some cash" because it does **** things up.

But as long as the market is available and the demand is there people gonna keep doing and and prices will keep rising.
That's my point though, Nike is selling these shoes way below market value. you say prices are rising because of resellers, but really prices are rising because Nike knows people are willing to pay more for these shoes than what they've been selling them for. don't blame resellers when there are plenty of people out there WILLING to spend the money.

I don't know about you but I'd rather the money go to fans of sneakers who are out there hustling rather than a billion dollar corporation. bottom line is if Nike sold these at market value there wouldn't be resellers. and it looks like that's what they're moving towards. more money for them, less money for resellers. I don't see how that's any better

If your motivation is to make profit, thats fine. Just admit that you're a reseller, and don't respect the shoes
If your motivation is that you can't afford the shoes without a reselling side-hustle, then you probably shouldn't be wasting money on $200 pairs, much less $500

And also recognize that the reason you can only find $500 resale prices for the pairs you want is because of other people doing the same as you

edit* "you" as in hypothetical, not a personal attack
you can be a reseller and respect the shoes. dude half the people on here are "resellers!" buying a shoe, keeping it DS, then selling or trading it later is reselling is it not? you act like resellers are just out for the money but most of them are using that money to get other pairs.

and no man, the reason you can find $500 resale prices is because Nike is selling these way below market value and releasing them in limited numbers. if there were no resellers it's not like everybody would be happy. it would just be if you didn't luck out and get your hands on a pair at release then you're screwed and will never have a chance to get that pair again.

and I know it's not a personal attack, I swear I'm not a reseller but I just don't get the hate. yeah it sucks people have to pay these crazy prices but that's on Nike, not the resellers

Give it time.

Nike will price out people that cannot afford within the next few years.

Jordans will be $350 $399 for a GR pair by 2020.

Then all this BS ends.

Theres a price point that will eliminate the reseller.

Even if you do  resell, at that price, your market to sell  shrinks exponentially.

you can be a reseller and respect the shoes. dude half the people on here are "resellers!" buying a shoe, keeping it DS, then selling or trading it later is reselling is it not? 
This. it's a flip, cop, flip thing. i agree. folks be quick to knock resellers but what they do when they strike out?! Some go from "retail/online or bust" to "gave in" "bit the bullet" or "went ahead and copped" real quick. repped btw

That's my point though, Nike is selling these shoes way below market value. you say prices are rising because of resellers, but really prices are rising because Nike knows people are willing to pay more for these shoes than what they've been selling them for. don't blame resellers when there are plenty of people out there WILLING to spend the money.

I don't know about you but I'd rather the money go to fans of sneakers who are out there hustling rather than a billion dollar corporation. bottom line is if Nike sold these at market value there wouldn't be resellers. and it looks like that's what they're moving towards. more money for them, less money for resellers. I don't see how that's any better

Nike's the biggest hustler in the game. That's why they're worth 30 billion dollars.

I think the sneaker community, the section that enjoys the sneakers for what they are and are apart of this community to express and share their passion and excitement for the shoes are insulted by what resellers are doing. And sure, anyone who's sold a pair of kicks is technically a "reseller". That can be applied to anything. But we're talking more specifically about the younger generation that lacks the appreciation and understanding of this stuff and just sees it as a quick come up.

I think having a secondary market is great. I don't think, however, guys buying out full size runs and marking up the prices are great.

Give it time.

Then all this BS ends.

Even if you do  resell, at that price, your market to sell  shrinks exponentially.
definitely..but this BS is a whole lot better than the BS in the future where you won't even have a chance of copping for $200. at least how things are now there's a slim chance you can pay that price for a pair

honestly I think something will happen before we get to that point though. I don't know what, but these prices are crazy right now because jordans are mainstream and hotter than they've ever been. they can't be this hot forever, something will change.

I could be wrong on that last part though so anyone feel free to correct

Give it time.

Then all this BS ends.

That won't happen unless the economy skyrockets at that time, it will be business suicide. Let's say if the did shoot to 350+, they will not be gr. They will be more limited, which is what a reseller wants and the resell value will obviously be higher. Nobody is winning in nike eyes when a shoe is just sitting on the shelves.

That won't happen unless the economy skyrockets at that time, it will be business suicide. Let's say if the did shoot to 350+, they will not be gr. They will be more limited, which is what a reseller wants and the resell value will obviously be higher. Nobody is winning in nike eyes when a shoe is just sitting on the shelves.
Nike probably could have sold the chicago's for $300 this year and sold out honestly. maybe not that price for other shoes but for the really iconic ones, no doubt.

They've been moving foams at $250. Not crazy sell outs save for the limited/hyped pairs, but they move.

Black/Infrared 6 at $299? Sure. NA branding? Insta-Sell out.

Give it time.

Then all this BS ends.

190 to 350 is around a 17% increase each year for the next five. Doubt that will happen but see what your sayin.

Take the jordan 4 droppin next year. The thing is, if you have money to buy at retail(220) what's stoppin me from flippin to you for 280-300 w/ free shipping when, in some areas, you're gonna pay up to 250 after tax + shipping on that retail pair. Now that extra 30-50 don't seem that bad if it's a shoe that A) has some significance in your life and B) feel you had to have but struck out on. If a serious reseller has the ability to eat up pairs, and they're already doing that online, then they got you every time regardless of the price increase.

All this

February always brings the heat. Super excited for these and black 12s. Must cops to start 16 off right. Bring flu games back please!! Don't like the price tag at all on these though. Prefer not to pay over $200 but theyll move. If they moved to $250 i think that would stop resell unless its a super limted doernbecher or something like that. Personally why i dont buy foams or lebrons. Not into paying $275 after tax.

I just realized these drop during the NBA All-Star weekend in Toronto. Oh it's about to be LIT! Are there a lot of sneaker spots in Toronto? Because I plan on being at the 2016 NBA All-Star game, but want to make sure I have these.

Back
Top Bottom