Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Its just getting worse and worse as we get closer. 

Why'd they have to phone this shoe in? This was the one they needed to get right the most. This is what they should've showcased what this 'Remastered' program was all about. Between this and the XXX someone needs to get fired ASAP. I'm proud of myself for getting Chicagos. That morning was an experience Ill never forget. Opening that box was like Christmas when I got home. I wanted that with these.

Suddenly I'm not expecting much out of the Metallic 5s.

Last edited:
I appreciate that review bro, thanks
smokin.gif
. I'm in the same boat. I think I'll have to see these for myself so I can make up my mind too. I've went from a definite cop, to on the fence now due to the price, and leather quality concerns.
No problem.  I just don't know if I can spend $340 on a shoe that's just "not as bad as I thought."  If they made me say, "Oh my God, the quality is amazing!" then fine, but they definitely did not make me say that lol

No problem.  I just don't know if I can spend $340 on a shoe that's just "not as bad as I thought."  If they made me say, "Oh my God, the quality is amazing!" then fine, but they definitely did not make me say that lol
Yea that's the same thing I'm thinking, there's some older releases that I've been after, that I could get instead for about the same price. The Shattered Backboards really blew me away with their quality, I was hoping these WC IV's would be somewhat close to that, in order to justify the price increase.

im ready.
I just noticed in this picture that there is perforated leather on the toe box in front of the netting.  Anyone know why they took this entire section of the shoe out?  Was this a prototype?  I looked through a few OG and 1999 pair pictures and didn't see evidence of this perforated section

I just noticed in this picture that there is perforated leather on the toe box in front of the netting.  Anyone know why they took this entire section of the shoe out?  Was this a prototype?  I looked through a few OG and 1999 pair pictures and didn't see evidence of this perforated section

This comes up with every WC IV release

The DTRT shoe was a prerelease prototype because the movie was filmed in 88

scollard23 scollard23 Great review. Ive been feeling the same way. I like the improvements, but really disappointed JB didn't take it all the way. Not worth $220, much less $340
Reps to follow, when Im re-upped

Last edited:
Tbh the Jordan 4 never had great leather quality to begin with. The 99s I had were made of the same synthetic leather they used on shoes like the air force sts, command force pump, and so on. I think the leather looks sufficient enough for this release. I won't wait around for another 5-10 years for a better retro, I'd rather buy these and be done with this iteration of the shoe. As long as it doesn't fall apart on me I'll be content.

Tbh the Jordan 4 never had great leather quality to begin with. The 99s I had were made of the same synthetic leather they used on shoes like the air force sts, command force pump, and so on. I think the leather looks sufficient enough for this release. I won't wait around for another 5-10 years for a better retro, I'd rather buy these and be done with this iteration of the shoe. As long as it doesn't fall apart on me I'll be content.
exactly, waiting around is the reason I passed on the 12 release expecting the OGs to come back. Fast forward to 2016 and people may pass again; you can't wait for JB to release the perfect shoe forever or else you'll never have the shoe. There is always going to be something missing on retros anyway

Well, if you didn't care for the quality of the material on the '99 retros, you will really not like the 2016's because they have a much cheaper feel than the '99s.  In case you didn't read my earlier post, I saw them in person at HOH today.

Not that Ive ever heard about

There are only a few shots in the movie that give a semi-useful angle

From this shot, they look pretty much identical to the 89 release
The toe cap on these look like what's coming out... its almost sloping down to the cement forefoot midsole. The only difference seems to be the perforations and the sloped 80's toe. Look at the space between the lace wing and the midsole on the back, its lower than the OGs as well. Perhaps they remastered a prototype lol.

Okay I am a man of my word, While the shoes are posted are Legit, they are not a retail pair. My boy that sold them to me has never done me wrong in the past but he did lead on me with these by saying they were a retail pair and not a early production pair. Everything else about the shoes check out Box, Skinny "air" on insole, netting and leather. Stitching was not very good but I can pull out 4-5 pair of store bought Jordan that have issues with stitching and I know everyone else can as well. But I honestly was trying to show everybody a early picture of the shoes. It was not for a Legit Check because I would have used the correct forum for that and I honestly thought that they were a retail pair. So I was just trying to help out the Nike Talk community. So keep flame as you wish, but as I said I am a man of my words. For all that need it. I WAS WRONG.

P.S. I did get my money back $367

Some people just like to complain or give a reason as to why they aren't getting them like they're trying to convince themselves.

Well, since I struck out on Just Dons today, I'll be using the 20% off NDC and $100 gift card for this release...

Back
Top Bottom