Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Focusing on these and 72/10s for All Star weekend...

These White Cements are going to be worth every penny :smokin
Hopefully I can pick up another pair of white cements in March :D

Last edited:
The whole comparing this version to the previous release and/or OGs is just a silly thing to discuss. If you actually have the OGs they've aged to the point where they're virtually unwearable. So you're comparing a 27 year old shoe to one that was just produced in the past year.

Then we need to get into the whole materials argument like materials don't change over time, or become unavailable, or suppliers of materials to Nike don't change or go out of business over time....

Then we get into the whole molds of the shoe argument, Nike uses multiple molds over a release, let alone rereleases. Molds wear out during production and have variance and over time are out of tolerance.....

Then we get into stitching.....when you have different sewers assembling a shoe you have variance because no two sewers, sew the same.....

I may have missed a few other long standing debates from posters who know nothing about producing anything let alone a shoe or garment. It must just feel good for people to complain???

People need to realize this is the best Nike is willing to produce at this time. The sneaker costs a maximum of $30 landed in the US to produce. The $220 retail price is because they CAN charge it and get it. Like any business they want to make the most money they can........

Probably better for those who don't like the shoe to spend their days building a time machine :tongue:

View media item 1891120

Last edited:
Tbh the Jordan 4 never had great leather quality to begin with. The 99s I had were made of the same synthetic leather they used on shoes like the air force sts, command force pump, and so on. I think the leather looks sufficient enough for this release. I won't wait around for another 5-10 years for a better retro, I'd rather buy these and be done with this iteration of the shoe. As long as it doesn't fall apart on me I'll be content.

Exactly and the more you beat/wear, the better thy get...The Maroon 6 leather reminds me.alot of the '99-'00 leather tht was on the 4s & 5s....It creases almost identical too but ive worked tht toebox and leather, night and day from fresh out the box...These 4s will be the same, work tht toebox and leather...BUTTER and atleast thy did the netting correct..

Exactly and the more you beat/wear, the better thy get...The Maroon 6 leather reminds me.alot of the '99-'00 leather tht was on the 4s & 5s....It creases almost identical too but ive worked tht toebox and leather, night and day from fresh out the box...These 4s will be the same, work tht toebox and leather...BUTTER and atleast thy did the netting correct..
because they were actually cheap synthetic. if these are anything like the alternate 89 they will be okay and soft.

Last edited:
pumped for these... havenʻt been happy for a retro in a long time it feels like :x
Yup.. I haven't been this excited for a Jordan release since the Chicago 1s... Hopefully I can land these in store rather than online like I did with the 1s, want to wear them out the store.

Last edited:
i never knew about this...

although its kinda redundant...as if we need something special to signify this is a 2012 pair 
laugh.gif

2012 are trash btw

Fans have waited 17 years for a proper release of these. Just Dons like OVOs, Doernbechers and Yeezys cater to teenagers, resellers and people who were not even born when Jordan was in his prime. Their only appeal is being limited. People like being able to get their hands on something others can't. This along with the bred IV and both III counterparts are the most iconic and desirable Jordans aside from a couple of 1s and XIs. Before the announcement of the '88 release I thought the '99-00 retros would be the last proper versions of these shoes. I don't get why anyone is complaining about the $220 price tag when not long ago people would gladly pay that and more to secure a pair early or through resale. Sure compared to the $99-$115 from last decade it is a lot but not compared to what Nike has been charging for shoes for the last 4-5 years. Remember inflation devalues the dollar each year. Everything from cars to food has gone up as well in the same time period. I had to stop buying Js for a while because it was becoming too much of a hassle to buy any damn GR and I refused to reward leeches buying FSRs on the day of release. This is a great time for real fans of the shoes. The memories of my childhood and good times they bring back are priceless. I'm glad the posers are moving on to the next hot trend.

Repped.

These have become the go to for everyone who missed out on Dons
laugh.gif
Fans have waited 17 years for a proper release of these. Just Dons like OVOs, Doernbechers and Yeezys cater to teenagers, resellers and people who were not even born when Jordan was in his prime. Their only appeal is being limited. People like being able to get their hands on something others can't. This along with the bred IV and both III counterparts are the most iconic and desirable Jordans aside from a couple of 1s and XIs. Before the announcement of the '88 release I thought the '99-00 retros would be the last proper versions of these shoes. I don't get why anyone is complaining about the $220 price tag when not long ago people would gladly pay that and more to secure a pair early or through resale. Sure compared to the $99-$115 from last decade it is a lot but not compared to what Nike has been charging for shoes for the last 4-5 years. Remember inflation devalues the dollar each year. Everything from cars to food has gone up as well in the same time period. I had to stop buying Js for a while because it was becoming too much of a hassle to buy any damn GR and I refused to reward leeches buying FSRs on the day of release. This is a great time for real fans of the shoes. The memories of my childhood and good times they bring back are priceless. I'm glad the posers are moving on to the next hot trend.
yup.

earlier in the thread it looked like gs versions still retained the jumpman on the back and some folks were upset about it. now SC is confirming that all sizes will have the NA.

Last edited:

i never knew about this...

although its kinda redundant...as if we need something special to signify this is a 2012 pair 
laugh.gif

2012 are trash btw
If I'm not mistaken I think most of the 4's from 2012 had it please correct me if I'm wrong. Ive also heard people checking for this to see if people had fakes or not 

Back
Top Bottom