Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I don't know how any of you guys' stores do it, but around here all the FL/FTL/FA/Champs do all of their calls for raffles on Thurs. and Friday in the late afternoon/evening..So most of you guys that haven't got calls shouldn't worry cause there's plenty of time..

Just got a call back from Finishline at the Woodlands Mall, 2 9.5 on lock
devil.gif

Question about the Jordan 4 cements maybe you guys can answer. I heard that the netting on these eventually turn yellow. Is the reasoning the netting on the shoes turn yellow the same reason sneakers with icy soles turn yellow due to the oxidation like the Jordan XI concord and Space Jams? I can understand them turning yellow eventually if I wear them all the time and walk in dirt and grass etc. but if I just kept these stocked will they turn yellow just as fast as sneakers with Icy soles do that you never wear? I am the type of person that will only bring out and wear my nicer sneakers on certain occasions and not just all the time anywhere and everywhere. So if the netting on these yellow fast even if I don't wear them then I am inclined not to try and get these. Please let me know, thanks.

Question about the Jordan 4 cements maybe you guys can answer. I heard that the netting on these eventually turn yellow. Is the reasoning the netting on the shoes turn yellow the same reason sneakers with icy soles turn yellow due to the oxidation like the Jordan XI concord and Space Jams? I can understand them turning yellow eventually if I wear them all the time and walk in dirt and grass etc. but if I just kept these stocked will they turn yellow just as fast as sneakers with Icy soles do that you never wear? I am the type of person that will only bring out and wear my nicer sneakers on certain occasions and not just all the time anywhere and everywhere. So if the netting on these yellow fast even if I don't wear them then I am inclined not to try and get these. Please let me know, thanks.
It's pretty much because of AGE, you can do things to slow down that process (cleaning them, storing them correctly), but age will eventually wear them down.

Last edited:
I know sneakers with Icy soles start yellowing within a year. Do you know about these? Will they yellow within that time frame?

I'm gone be eating!!!! Got a call back for my large *** size 14 feet!!! Foot locker house of hoops.

Yeah I really don't think these will sit at all. I don't care how many are made. I'm not going to be able to relax until I have these in hand. So far no callbacks and I just don't trust smaller locations even if they're FCFS. The only positive thing here is the weather. It's going to be ruthless. I'm going to be out there no matter what but I really hope lots of people stay home so I can grab my 2-3 pairs. I know pre-release everything has a premium but that's a pretty hefty premium on FC right now.

I know sneakers with Icy soles start yellowing within a year. Do you know about these? Will they yellow within that time frame?

Not within a year. It also depends on how much you wear them and storage. The nets will yellow but that will take at least a few years. I don't really care too much about that as long as midsole and the rest of the shoe is in good condition.

Just got the call from Bev Center HOH! Size 15 on lock and they give military discounts on new releases!!! Give me my 20% please!

Only store I entered also.

Last edited:
Not within a year. It also depends on how much you wear them and storage. The nets will yellow but that will take at least a few years. I don't really care too much about that as long as midsole and the rest of the shoe is in good condition.
Yeah the nets are what I am worried about. I am the type of person who only wears my nicer sneakers on certain occasions and not all the time. So if you kept these stocked and didn't wear them much will the nets still yellow fast? I understand they will eventually over time that is just the norm with everything, but if they yellow after only a few years or 1 year like icy soles then I am not sure if it would be worth it for me to cop especially with my habit of only bringing them out every so often on certain occasions.

no raffle for these at all?

damn

haven't had the time to hit up stores for their raffles, so unless they made a ton of these, probably won't be getting a pair then

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  It will largely depend on how much inventory NDC and other retailers have for online orders.  It really seems like they have a ton of inventory, but you never really know, and the thirst for this shoe is uniquely large.  Too bad Nike doesn't just publish how many pairs they've made!  Even better would be to allow people to pre-order....that will never happen....

The term oxidation gets thrown around so much on this board. Most who use it can't describe the process without using yahoo or Google. Oxidation is one, but there are so many other factors that age aka "yellow" materials such as temperature, humidity is a big one, and sunlight, direct or indirect.

Shoes like anything else will yellow no matter what you do, but there are many ways to slow the process down. Clean often, avoid harsh chemicals, maintain dry storage conditions, and I personally keep my "susceptible" kicks (XIs, IIIs because of the heel tab, V, VI) in their boxes.

hope that helps.

Last edited:
Few pages back someone mentioned 350's, those are 19th right? Good if they are 13th though coz all the kids in Blighty are riding the Yeezy train hard

Back
Top Bottom