Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

NDC shipped 11:32PM PDT!
smokin.gif

Just curious….anybody get a flawed pair of 4's today? The leather just below the netting on the inside of each shoe is really wrinkled. I also got my Mater 12s today and theres a slight indentation on the rubber near the heal on the right shoe.

I know I can't expect the world but I don't remember J's being so poorly made a few years ago. Besides, anytime you religiously pony up $250 for a product, you expect it to at least be 9.5/10 out of the box.
Not a flaw. It's just the way soft leather creases when in the box. I have a pair of mars 4s that ended up having that same exact crease placement from sitting DS for a couple of years. I can show you my mars 4s if you'd like.

Last edited:
Really glad I doubled up on these, likely saving the other pair for when I graduate from school in a couple years, unless something tragic happens to the un-ds'd pair. freaking love the speckle density on these. I remember when the 2012's came out one of my friends picked it up, didn't realize how wrong JB had done that retro until seeing these.

Envious of all these Nike shipping conformations. Mine still says purchased/submitted on SNKRS. Only my 2nd time using it.....should I be worried about being cancelled?

nzehvq.gif
brock-lesnar-mariachi-3-o.gif

6i9x0k.gif

Im just happy i got to order mine through nike.com, free shipping 11.5 is a really hard size to find. Thanks for  keeping us updated here and for giving us the heads up that there were still pairs up 

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm new to the board and just bought the cement 4s as my first pair of Jordans today. Any suggestions on how to care and maintain the condition of them. I already got some creases on the toe. Would a shoe shield or some kind of protector take care of the leather? Any other suggestions to not f#ck up these beauties. I'm already worried about wearing them without doing some research. Thanks in advance!!

Hey all, I'm new to the board and just bought the cement 4s as my first pair of Jordans today. Any suggestions on how to care and maintain the condition of them. I already got some creases on the toe. Would a shoe shield or some kind of protector take care of the leather? Any other suggestions to not f#ck up these beauties. I'm already worried about wearing them without doing some research. Thanks in advance!!
creasing gives the shoe some character, if you dont want to get them beat up just use them for casual malling avoid using them when its raining, and its a shoe its meant to be worn :D

Embrace the creases. Embrace the dirt. Embrace the wear.

III-V only get better with age.

Can't wait for the black/metallic V's to drop so I can get the soles looking nice and gummy like my old beater 00s. I just hope they use a crystal clear sole this time around. Been wearing the hell out of my 07s but they don't turn that dark caramel color like the 00s did.

What up man, welcome to NT, and most of all welcome to the Air Jordan universe.

My recommendations:

1. As an old school sneaker collector who's been rockin' J's since the 80s, don't trip on the creases. It's a natural part of rockin' sneakers. Toebox creases, imo, give the shoes a more natural look and are meant to "age" your leather over time the more you wear your shoes. I'm not saying you shouldn't try force fields but imo, those things are useless and more importantly they're uncomfortable.

2. As far as cleaning and maintaining your shoes, the best everyday cleaning solution to use is a soft cloth, water, and a magic eraser. I also use Jason Markk for occasional/monthly cleaning. Think water and soap when washing your car twice a week, and car wax once every couple months.
*** On cleaning hard to remove dirt marks on only white leather or on the outsoles/midsoles, you can apply a light touch of rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip or cotton ball. I do not recommend doing this to anything painted other than white because alcohol will cause the paint to fade.

3. For storing your J's, keep them in a cool place inside your closet in room temperature. If you haven't worn a pair for a long time or plan to keep a certain pair of kicks on ice for an extended time, I suggest taking the shoes out of the box at least once a month, place the shoes on top of the box on your bed, and leave them there for an entire day. Remember, shoes/leather need to breathe in order to maintain its texture/dexterity so it's important to do this to keep them crispy and sharp. Make sure you don't let the sun hit them directly so close those blinds/windows.

4. If you're the type that lets yellowing icy soles bother you, a cost-efficient way to clean them would be to simply take a toothbrush and Colgate Whitening toothpaste and rinse/brush/rinse/repeat the outsoles after each use in order to minimize the yellowing. You may find videos on youtube if you'd like more guidance. Personally, I don't buy any of those products such as Sole Sauce, SeaGlow, etc because you have to put in way too much work and its a waste of time and money. You wanna keep things as simple as possible. They're only shoes and they're meant to be worn and beat because you can always cop you a new pair later on.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your kicks, rock em like there's no tomorrow. But don't forget to smell em when they brand new, it's a sort of "rite of passage."

Here's a sampling of a small part of my collection (Note: each pair you see (except for the Pinnacle 1s, Banned 1s, and 72-10s) has been worn well over 20 times and they all still look super clean because of the methods I use above. The reason I have them out of the box is because I had not worn them for at least a couple months so I'm letting them "breathe" since they've been out of the regular rotation.)

Last edited:

This ought to be the way Nike releases should go. Make a gazillion pairs and force resellers out. Make them available across the US and online but do not restock them. Make them a one time only deal. Thats it. Everyone that wants a pair gets one, in some cases some double up, sickos like me triple up but in the end everyones happy. 
couldn't agree more!

Does Nike ship right to left in their process as far as the country goes? Where is my shipping confirmation? Tf

What up man, welcome to NT, and most of all welcome to the Air Jordan universe.

My recommendations:

1. As an old school sneaker collector who's been rockin' J's since the 80s, don't trip on the creases. It's a natural part of rockin' sneakers. Toebox creases, imo, give the shoes a more natural look and are meant to "age" your leather over time the more you wear your shoes. I'm not saying you shouldn't try force fields but imo, those things are useless and more importantly they're uncomfortable.

2. As far as cleaning and maintaining your shoes, the best everyday cleaning solution to use is a soft cloth, water, and a magic eraser. I also use Jason Markk for occasional/monthly cleaning. Think water and soap when washing your car twice a week, and car wax once every couple months.

*** On cleaning hard to remove dirt marks on only white leather or on the outsoles/midsoles, you can apply a light touch of rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip or cotton ball. I do not recommend doing this to anything painted other than white because alcohol will cause the paint to fade.

3. For storing your J's, keep them in a cool place inside your closet in room temperature. If you haven't worn a pair for a long time or plan to keep a certain pair of kicks on ice for an extended time, I suggest taking the shoes out of the box at least once a month, place the shoes on top of the box on your bed, and leave them there for an entire day. Remember, shoes/leather need to breathe in order to maintain its texture/dexterity so it's important to do this to keep them crispy and sharp. Make sure you don't let the sun hit them directly so close those blinds/windows.

4. If you're the type that lets yellowing icy soles bother you, a cost-efficient way to clean them would be to simply take a toothbrush and Colgate Whitening toothpaste and rinse/brush/rinse/repeat the outsoles after each use in order to minimize the yellowing. You may find videos on youtube if you'd like more guidance. Personally, I don't buy any of those products such as Sole Sauce, SeaGlow, etc because you have to put in way too much work and its a waste of time and money. You wanna keep things as simple as possible. They're only shoes and they're meant to be worn and beat because you can always cop you a new pair later on.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your kicks, rock em like there's no tomorrow. But don't forget to smell em when they brand new, it's a sort of "rite of passage."

Here's a sampling of a small part of my collection (Note: each pair you see has been worn well over 20 times and they all still look super clean because of the methods I use above. The reason I have them out of the box is because I had not worn them for at least a couple months so I'm letting them "breathe" since they've been out of the regular rotation.)
great info. thanks for this.

Back
Top Bottom