Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Hey guys. New user here and i come read these forums every now and then. Anyways, just wondering about my order. Seen a handful of people already got their shipping emails from NDC. I haven't got mine yet. On NDC it says "Preparing to ship" and on the SNKRS app it says "In Progress". Should I be worried about cancellation? I hit up Nike on Twitter and they said everything should be good. And that they can take a look at my order if I liked. So they told me to DM them, I did and no reply yet

I'm getting anxious cause I don't want my order to get canceled. I'd rather spend the day with my girl but I might have to stop by the mall to see if there's any left over pairs which I doubt, Fashion valley mall in San Diego was packed with people trying to scoop unclaimed pairs.

Any insight would be appreciated. This is a great forum
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, I asked they same question last night everyone told me I should be good.

I checked my bank and the cancelled FNL order from yesterday was credited back, and  it still has as a pending charge for the WC 4s, it also has a pending charge for the Chick-fil-A I smashed, Pandora charm and spa certificate I got my lady yesterday, and I know I dropped money on those and got em in hand. So I'm optimistic. 

Lol Hell looking at my pending charges from one day, including the kicks I dropped some bread yesterday fawwwwwwwk
nerd.gif
!

I look at it like this tho, at the end of the day of course I want these kicks and I would love to have em, but if something happens, it was really outta my hands and I can't change it.

All in all tho I think we'll be good. 

Do you think those cardboard shoe trees that come inside the box are sufficient? I been keeping those on when im not wearing them.

I've always kept the toe pack in my shoes when not wearing them. 5-6 stuffed paper towels also work.

Hey guys. New user here and i come read these forums every now and then. Anyways, just wondering about my order. Seen a handful of people already got their shipping emails from NDC. I haven't got mine yet. On NDC it says "Preparing to ship" and on the SNKRS app it says "In Progress". Should I be worried about cancellation? I hit up Nike on Twitter and they said everything should be good. And that they can take a look at my order if I liked. So they told me to DM them, I did and no reply yet

I'm getting anxious cause I don't want my order to get canceled. I'd rather spend the day with my girl but I might have to stop by the mall to see if there's any left over pairs which I doubt, Fashion valley mall in San Diego was packed with people trying to scoop unclaimed pairs.

I got mine through SNKRS and I don't trust it, pretty sure it will get canceled. Overall it's been a glitchy app and I haven't had much success with it. I was able to place an order for the first time, however. Just keep an eye out on them restocks.

Call me a savage, but I don't feel sorry for that guy/girl. Rule number one, you never purchase or leave the store without first inspecting the shoe and seeing what you are getting. I really don't think that the need for a pair of shoes is so strong that you would willing leave the store with a purchased pair looking like that.

Sup guys...i copped a second pair around 1p.m. pst. Off snkrs app. Never used it before and had to get a second pair. I keep checking my order and it reads as "in progress " in my order tab...what are the chances...I'll be cool? Just wondering as I have no experience with them or no shipping confirmation email.??

Last edited:

You were there last night? I was able to come up on an unclaimed pair.

Mine too.  I tried to warn people yesterday so I hope the Eastbay buyers got the message.  I knew something was wrong when my single order showed up as two orders.

Yup, first time EB let me down. They still charged my card for it tho so I gotta hit them up.

anybody in NY know if stores/websites still selling size 8 or 8.5? :frown:
HoH staten island mall had 7.5,8,8.5, and 14 about an hour ago, and FTA had a few random sizes also.. I had to squeeze into a 9, down from my usual 9.5,10 , but didn't ask what other sizes were left

Put shoe trees in them after wearing.
Do you think those cardboard shoe trees that come inside the box are sufficient? I been keeping those on when im not wearing them.
Those aren't really "shoe trees".  Shoe trees made of cedar are better since they absorb moisture better and maintains the shape better with spring tension.  Cedar shoe trees last forever so it's well worth the small investment.

You were there last night? I was able to come up on an unclaimed pair.

Yeah I took my girl shopping and stuff for v day last night. First 45 minutes for the am release onthe SNKRS app I couldn't get through. Left for about a hour came back and I got through. So I secured my pair *crossing fingers*.

My plan was to hit up HOH in Fashion valley and maybe stop by Misson valley too, but since I got through on SNKRS I didn't feel the need to. But I still went in Footlocker/house of hoops to see what's up. First thing I see when I walk up in there is some dude yelling at 3-4 footlocker associates lol. Then the manager came running over trying to calm him down. Meanwhile I'm standing there being nosey with my girls shopping backs in one hand and sipping my iced coffee lol.

I asked another employee what's going on and he said they had everyone who wants a unclaimed pair wait outside the mall by the trolley station. As he told me that 50-60 people came in the store single file formation. The dude that was complaining was almost last in line. I was like damn good thing I was able to get mines online

But I'm not in the clear yet..

Nike is probably processing orders FIFO... First in, First Out. Mine has shipped, but according to this thread, one of the first to get a SNKRS order in after countless air balls.

Nike is usually pretty legit when it comes to honoring orders, most of y'all who copped from SNKRS and NDC are probably gravy and will have shipment info by the end of the day.

Sounds accurate. I copped my first pair of NDC fairly early in the AM, and they've shipped. The second pair, I ordered late in the afternoon, and haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:
Gotta say jb did a grat job. I love my pair i picked up from hoh yesterday. For 220 we should be getting better leather but the leather on em is decent enough and should be really durable. Only serious complaint is the price. Jb just keeps pushing it..wc 3s were 200, now 220 for these...when then bc 3s with na drop those are gonna be 225 230? Its crazy. Jb/ nike really taking advantage of the consumer.

But anyway love my pair, theyre pretty damn comfortable too, nice really soft foam insole-not the cardboard type crap weve seen in more recent retros. Pretty awesome all around. got a double on the way from eb, had to.

Last edited:
Anyone else have different leather material? I have a pair from footlocker and another pair from finishline. The pair from finishline has a smooth tumbled textured leather on the toe box and the other pair from footlocker has more of a thick plastic leather type of feel. Hard to explain. But it's strange how it's different. I guess it depends on your production dates who knows.
Thats weird man... Pics??

What up man, welcome to NT, and most of all welcome to the Air Jordan universe.

My recommendations:

1. As an old school sneaker collector who's been rockin' J's since the 80s, don't trip on the creases. It's a natural part of rockin' sneakers. Toebox creases, imo, give the shoes a more natural look and are meant to "age" your leather over time the more you wear your shoes. I'm not saying you shouldn't try force fields but imo, those things are useless and more importantly they're uncomfortable.

2. As far as cleaning and maintaining your shoes, the best everyday cleaning solution to use is a soft cloth, water, and a magic eraser. I also use Jason Markk for occasional/monthly cleaning. Think water and soap when washing your car twice a week, and car wax once every couple months.

*** On cleaning hard to remove dirt marks on only white leather or on the outsoles/midsoles, you can apply a light touch of rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip or cotton ball. I do not recommend doing this to anything painted other than white because alcohol will cause the paint to fade.

3. For storing your J's, keep them in a cool place inside your closet in room temperature. If you haven't worn a pair for a long time or plan to keep a certain pair of kicks on ice for an extended time, I suggest taking the shoes out of the box at least once a month, place the shoes on top of the box on your bed, and leave them there for an entire day. Remember, shoes/leather need to breathe in order to maintain its texture/dexterity so it's important to do this to keep them crispy and sharp. Make sure you don't let the sun hit them directly so close those blinds/windows.

4. If you're the type that lets yellowing icy soles bother you, a cost-efficient way to clean them would be to simply take a toothbrush and Colgate Whitening toothpaste and rinse/brush/rinse/repeat the outsoles after each use in order to minimize the yellowing. You may find videos on youtube if you'd like more guidance. Personally, I don't buy any of those products such as Sole Sauce, SeaGlow, etc because you have to put in way too much work and its a waste of time and money. You wanna keep things as simple as possible. They're only shoes and they're meant to be worn and beat because you can always cop you a new pair later on.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your kicks, rock em like there's no tomorrow. But don't forget to smell em when they brand new, it's a sort of "rite of passage."

Here's a sampling of a small part of my collection (Note: each pair you see (except for the Pinnacle 1s, Banned 1s, and 72-10s) has been worn well over 20 times and they all still look super clean because of the methods I use above. The reason I have them out of the box is because I had not worn them for at least a couple months so I'm letting them "breathe" since they've been out of the regular rotation.)

View media item 1890109

View media item 1910812

View media item 1910813

Agree with everything minus the alcohol part. Please do not use alcohol to clean your shoes guys. The only reason that hard to remove stain is coming off is because the alcohol is removing the protective coating/finish along with it. If you wipe it with alcohol, you are leaving that area with unprotected layer of paint that can easily be rubbed down to the leather.

Gotta say jb did a grat job. I love my pair i picked up from hoh yesterday. For 220 we should be getting better leather but the leather on em is decent enough and should be really durable. Only serious complaint is the price. Jb just keeps pushing it..wc 3s were 200, now 220 for these...when then bc 3s with na drop those are gonna be 225 230? Its crazy. Jb/ nike really taking advantage of the consumer.

But anyway love my pair, theyre pretty damn comfortable too, nice really soft foam insole-not the cardboard type crap weve seen in more recent retros. Pretty awesome all around. got a double on the way from eb, had to.

When the '88 3s are selling for crazy resale, Nike probably figures to catch some of that margin on these shoes. Can't blame them for charging $220, didn't stop people from waiting in line, refreshing app, and paying.

got tru on snkrs after 47 minutes of air balling
even air balled after putting in cvv and pressing submit. got tracking info last nite

Update: So Nike on Twitter finally replied. They said I shouldn't worry and my order is in the process of being shipped. So I'll take their word for it..

Nike muscled out the reseller. That resell market on jordans hit an absurd number in terms of revenue and profit (there's an article can't recall where I saw it). They moved the price up and filled that void, and makes many models unattractive for resellers. Personally I'd rather buy from Nike or a major retailer than some guy on eBay or a meet up. The sneaker exchange the Cavs owner is in on is a cool concept.

Nike is making a huge push to increase revenues and profits, so the resellers must go, more direct sales (see sneakers app), as will the small mom and pop shops (which actually irritates me a little since they put Nike on the map decades ago).

Back
Top Bottom