Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I have seen a few people in this thread say their shoe is either cracking or peeling, but have yet to see a single picture.
I have seen a few people in this thread say their shoe is either cracking or peeling, but have yet to see a single picture.

2 straight weeks of walking and dancing.... no cracks or peels... btw yall see my kids on ellen!?

View media item 1933471View media item 1933472View media item 1933473View media item 1933474View media item 1933475

Don't you think you could survive with one or two pairs until the PU midsole crumbles from age?  I think that I can easily get 10 years out of one pair with semi-regular wearings.
But, Now I can Crack a fresh Pair when needed 
tongue.gif

nice! I ended up with 16 lol

Last edited:
I'm going to post my meeting schedule since I'm 2 for 2 on having a meeting exactly at the same time as a restock. At least ya can prosper haha

@dareal08 all at retail? Like original retail not mom and pop retail.. how is this possible.. You are a virtuoso

Just picked up my 2nd pair from FNL & they're even better than my 1st pair & I thought those were perfect [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:
Don't blame u. I don't like the 220 plus tax either. Not one bit.
Yeah my black Friday 4s from 3 years ago box says 189.99 can.
Thought then, wow that's a lot for a 4.
Seen they wanted at least 259 can this time and decided to hold my L.

I can eat food for a whole month and go to the gym, play ball and drink protein shakes all day for the price of another box in the corner I rarely open

Don't blame u. I don't like the 220 plus tax either. Not one bit.

I can eat food for a whole month and go to the gym, play ball and drink protein shakes all day for the price of another box in the corner I rarely open

They should have been $170 :wink:

Makes it worse right? We got a $30 markup from the regular price ($190) for the Nike air treatment.

^ but we (as the NT community) openly opined about NA and our willingness to pay markup for NA. While it wasn't echoed by everyone there was enough willingness to pay by those in our community where they felt they could get away from it. It's the one thing I wish we were all on the same page about on this board. We provide them with material to use on how to get us to spend money on shoes. Nike is just as much of a presence on this board as many regulars. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a price tag of $250 in the future for these Nike Air remasters, especially blk/infra VIs.

^ but we (as the NT community) openly opined about NA and our willingness to pay markup for NA. While it wasn't echoed by everyone there was enough willingness to pay by those in our community where they felt they could get away from it. It's the one thing I wish we were all on the same page about on this board. We provide them with material to use on how to get us to spend money on shoes. Nike is just as much of a presence on this board as many regulars. 

Yea I remember those dudes and it's nothing I can do about it. There is a large population on here that believes it's better to pay Nike "resell" prices than pay resell and this $220 fits that bill.

Someone explained it to me and it stuck since it made sense. I am only paying $220 for these because that's the cheapest I could get some white cement 4s.

watch out with the protein shakes brother.

too much is not good for the kidneys

Yea I remember those dudes and it's nothing I can do about it. There is a large population on here that believes it's better to pay Nike "resell" prices than pay resell and this $220 fits that bill.

Someone explained it to me and it stuck since it made sense. I am only paying $220 for these because that's the cheapest I could get some white cement 4s.
I paid the 220 because its the cheapest I could get these and was hella tight the disco code I saved specifically for this purchase wasn't honored :rofl:

Last edited:

I paid the 220 because its the cheapest I could get these and was hella tight the disco code I saved specifically for this purchase wasn't honored :rofl:

That sucked for sure but at least you still have the code :lol:

It's a shame that Nike has now become the reseller and the reseller is still jacking prices up. When will there be a breaking point that people will stop buying the hype and start letting the "limited" releases sit? Im not talking about the Jordan's (all these new colors) that sit, Im speaking on the hyped releases. The Master for instance sold out solely on hype! You would have thought it would happen with the WC4...

It's a shame that Nike has now become the reseller and the reseller is still jacking prices up. When will there be a breaking point that people will stop buying the hype and start letting the "limited" releases sit? Im not talking about the Jordan's (all these new colors) that sit, Im speaking on the hyped releases. The Master for instance sold out solely on hype! You would have thought it would happen with the WC4...
JB is too smart, they won't allow limited or hyped releases to sit, because those releases keep the masses lusting over shoes they can't get, and keep this whole thing going. A large part of the reason that limited releases sell is because they ARE limited. Shoes like the Bel Air 5s, and even the OVO 10s, wouldn't sell out if they were ultra GR's. All JB has to do is dial back the production numbers, and make things even more limited, if for whatever reason limited and hyped releases do start sitting, and they're back to sell outs.

If you think about it, JB really are geniuses. All these trash releases that don't sell out, like all these 5 Lows they're releasing, sit on shelves, and aren't bought by your average sneakerhead. Instead, they're bought by people who aren't seriously into sneakers, and just see them sitting on the wall of their local Footlocker type store, and recognize the jumpman logo. This brings them more new customers that don't know much about retros, these customers do some research into retros, and now JB has hooked a bunch more kids. The limited and hyped sellout releases keep this whole thing going, the only way limited and hyped stuff starts to sit is if the entire shoe bubble pops.

Last edited:
JB is too smart, they won't allow limited or hyped releases to sit, because those releases keep the masses lusting over shoes they can't get, and keep this whole thing going. A large part of the reason that limited releases sell is because they ARE limited. Shoes like the Bel Air 5s, and even the OVO 10s, wouldn't sell out if they were ultra GR's. All JB has to do is dial back the production numbers, and make things even more limited, if for whatever reason limited and hyped releases do start sitting, and they're back to sell outs.

If you think about it, JB really are geniuses. All these trash releases that don't sell out, like all these 5 Lows they're releasing, sit on shelves, and aren't bought by your average sneakerhead. Instead, they're bought by people who aren't seriously into sneakers, and just see them sitting on the wall of their local Footlocker type store, and recognize the jumpman logo. This brings them more new customers that don't know much about retros, these customers do some research into retros, and now JB has hooked a bunch more kids. The limited and hyped sellout releases keep this whole thing going, the only way limited and hyped stuff starts to sit is if the entire shoe bubble pops.
Agree on most points but you have to remember that the sneaker culture has grown so widespread that new consumers coming into the game are becoming more and more educated and already grow into the hype releases and ignore the other shoes that sit on the shelves rather than buying those first and then getting more into the limited releases

At the end of the day, it's all about riding that momentum and JB is taking full advantage of it while they can

Back
Top Bottom