NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Given the state of play overall, I'm still shocked I got the W on FTL for these and picked them up from the store for retail on release day. Now prices creeping near $300 for this pretty trash version? It offends my Jordan sensibilities that these are going for noticeably more than fire red Vs. I can buy my sz 11 in the Vs, on fee-laden SX right now, for $280 total shipped. Now that I type that out, I'm seriously considering grabbing a third pair :lol:
Seriously such a way better retro than the IVs. I sure don't really need another pair but I almost feel like I should before people catch on and prices are $375 in a year.

Thanks for that info. Would’ve loved to try and grab another 12.5 to return my other pair. Leather all wrinkled smh why am I not surprised :lol:

I agree 100% rainking rainking . Despite ALL the BS I've been saying about the IV's in general, I tried to cop earlier on SNKRS. The only reason I tried, was to see if I could get through. Everything was ALL good until the usual "You're in line" BS. I already knew it was a Reynolds. :smh:12.5's and every size sold out in within 1 minute.

**** SNKRS, with a seething passion. The ONLY time I've EVER hit, was with the Black Cement 4's, back in 2019. I stuck out on the Carmines, Griffey's, Fire Red's and the Neutral 1's. Seriously, whomever gets through on the BS app needs to be thanking GOD, every minute of the day. The **** is TRULY a ****ING MIRACLE.

|l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l

Last edited:
Slept in when Fire Reds first released, but managed a size 9 on the restock today. There was a seller on ebay through the authentication program who was also selling fire reds for retail maybe a month or more back. But those things flew with quickness too

Given the state of play overall, I'm still shocked I got the W on FTL for these and picked them up from the store for retail on release day. Now prices creeping near $300 for this pretty trash version? It offends my Jordan sensibilities that these are going for noticeably more than fire red Vs. I can buy my sz 11 in the Vs, on fee-laden SX right now, for $280 total shipped. Now that I type that out, I'm seriously considering grabbing a third pair :lol:
Seriously such a way better retro than the IVs. I sure don't really need another pair but I almost feel like I should before people catch on and prices are $375 in a year.
I get you. The Fire Red 5s last year were phenomenal and the 4s didn't come close to those in terms of quality unfortunately. I still love my pair but they for sure leave much to be desired. At least with the 5s the only thing you could really nitpick about em in comparison to the OG is tongue not being a matte grey, the outsole having a blue tint and the lack of a durabuck ankle collar though that's to be expected. The toe could've been a little better but overall it's far better than what we've been getting for the last decade+. I haven't gotten to wear mine yet as college semesters are still online and I rarely leave the house, but I'm glad I doubled on em. I definitely suggest buying another pair soon before they hit $400+ like the Black Metallics.
20200515_111829.jpg

I get you. The Fire Red 5s last year were phenomenal and the 4s didn't come close to those in terms of quality unfortunately. I still love my pair but they for sure leave much to be desired. At least with the 5s the only thing you could really nitpick about em in comparison to the OG is tongue not being a matte grey, the outsole having a blue tint and the lack of a durabuck ankle collar though that's to be expected. The toe could've been a little better but overall it's far better than what we've been getting for the last decade+. I haven't gotten to wear mine yet as college semesters are still online and I rarely leave the house, but I'm glad I doubled on em. I definitely suggest buying another pair soon before they hit $400+ like the Black Metallics.
20200515_111829.jpg
Bought my third pair of FR Vs from eBay for $262 shipped. Pleased as punch, and will now be wearing one of my pairs into the ground LOL

Last edited:
Bought a pair from eBay for $262 shipped. Pleased as punch, and will now be wearing one of my pairs into the ground LOL
Man I have been wearing mine super frequently and the leather has creased so ugly. I dont stress over most creases but damn these are extra bad lol. I still love wearing them becuase they're nike air fire red 4s tho.
20210214_140137.jpg

Man I have been wearing mine super frequently and the leather has creased so ugly. I dont stress over most creases but damn these are extra bad lol. I still love wearing them becuase they're nike air fire red 4s tho.
20210214_140137.jpg
I was talking about FR Vs, not IVs. Sorry for the confusion LOL

Looking at that height, and shape... I'm glad I didn't get through now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
These didn’t happen. I’m gonna just keep telling myself that.
When I first saw my shock drop pair that had to be the most disappointing experience in my 25+ years of being into sneakers.
The TONGUE is the highlight of the whole ****ing shoe.😞

These didn’t happen. I’m gonna just keep telling myself that.
When I first saw my shock drop pair that had to be the most disappointing experience in my 25+ years of being into sneakers.
The TONGUE is the highlight of the whole ****ing shoe.😞

I didn't need to even see them in person, to know I'd be disappointed. I been disappointed in this model for decades.

I'm gonna leave these here, to remind y'all of how butchered this model continues to be. Why they won't fix these ****ing issues IRKS the **** out of me, like NO OTHER.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h17m40s161.png
vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h17m55s437.png
vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h18m53s060.png
vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h18m38s897.png

vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h19m22s650.png

I don't care WHO I offend, and whomever is tired of me mentioning it. That ****ed up low ankle on retros, KILLS THEE ENTIRE SHOE. EVERYTHING. IT MAKES THE REST OF THE MODEL LOOK FUNNY, WEIRD, DISPROPORTIONATE, and LIKE A STRAIGHT UP FAKE!!! Anyone who spends $200+ on these knowing what they originally looked like, needs their ****ing heads examined!

WTF was I even thinking, this morning? I'm SOOOO GLAD I DIDN'T GET THROUGH!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h18m16s886.png
    vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h18m16s886.png
    946 KB · Views: 40
It really does make the whole shape look different

That's ALL because of ankle collar being cut lower.

vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h18m53s060++.png

It causes everything else to be lower, bunched together, & farther apart. Man NT, y'all don't know how bad I wish they'd fix this ****. I mean it could even be TOO HIGH, just like the patent cut was on the Black Concords. I'd give these dicks an A+ just for the ****ing effort. Especially, at this ****ing point in the game.

|l |l |l |l |l

Last edited:
Bought my third pair of FR Vs from eBay for $262 shipped. Pleased as punch, and will now be wearing one of my pairs into the ground LOL
For some reason 5s are for sure the best model to wear the s*** out of.. I doubled on the fire reds and my first pair is heavily worn, sole yellowing and everything and they look f*****g excellent. :smokin

Sometimes I think we forget, but the reason many of us love certain retros is bcuz we had the OGs and WORE THEM HEAVILY!! Putting miles on your kicks and making memories in them is why they came to be so important to you personally. :emoji_alien:

I didn't need to even see them in person, to know I'd be disappointed. I been disappointed in this model for decades.

I'm gonna leave these here, to remind y'all of how butchered this model continues to be. Why they won't fix these ****ing issues IRKS the **** out of me, like NO OTHER.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h17m40s161.png
vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h17m55s437.png
vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h18m38s897.png

vlcsnap-2021-02-17-22h19m22s650.png

I don't care WHO I offend, and whomever is tired of me mentioning it. That ****ed up low ankle on retros, KILLS THEE ENTIRE SHOE. EVERYTHING. IT MAKES THE REST OF THE MODEL LOOK FUNNY, WEIRD, DISPROPORTIONATE, and LIKE A STRAIGHT UP FAKE!!! Anyone who spends $200+ on these knowing what they originally looked like, needs their ****ing heads examined!

WTF was I even thinking, this morning? I'm SOOOO GLAD I DIDN'T GET THROUGH!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I probably need my head examined then, cause I bought a pair lol. I feel ya though.

Back
Top Bottom