NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Here is a comparison pic of the OG fire red 4s and the last retro of them.
6C29734C-B1D1-41AF-AA1F-86A723F3F315.jpeg

I hope it’s the lighting dammit. Clowns at JB probably won’t give us the right red

I am hoping too bro this is crazy if they give us the right red on the 5s but not the 4s but JB is known to **** on our Hope's right lol? But I noticed the nike on the sole looks faced the wrong way so i cant lie I'm not holding my breathe either.

This years OG 5s were such an excellent retro, I feel the need to give them a somewhat in-depth review on here sometime cuz I don’t think they get enough love.. After putting a couple months of pretty solid wear on them, I am extremely impressed with them. THEY ARE BEST RETRO 5s EVER!!! CANT WAIT FOR THE REST OF THE COLORWAYS!!

This years OG 5s were such an excellent retro, I feel the need to give them a somewhat in-depth review on here sometime cuz I don’t think they get enough love.. After putting a couple months of pretty solid wear on them, I am extremely impressed with them. THEY ARE BEST RETRO 5s EVER!!! CANT WAIT FOR THE REST OF THE COLORWAYS!!
I couldn't agree with you more bro, I absolutely love them I like them so much more than the 2000s too!

Tongues ruined them unfortunately IMO. Shame coz I really wanted the black metallic's, too.

But I noticed the nike on the sole looks faced the wrong way so i cant lie I'm not holding my breathe either.
I’m not either but note that the outsole shot is of a right shoe for some reason, while all the other shots in that comparo are of left shoes, both og and the retro.

They’re a lot better than I expected and they get better the more I wear them. They are in no way better than the 2000 pair though.

I hope one day we can have a similar debate about 4s 😢

This.

I bought a pair for myself, my 8 y.o. and my 3 y.o. The sheen on the tongue of the adult and GS is ridiculous. Worst part is, they used the correct tongue material on the pre-k pair so it seems pretty intentional that they would get that part wrong...Only to correct on a future pair and milk more money.

All in all, I am happy with my pair and the best option for the Fire Reds in terms of shape and color way but I can’t shake the disappointment in the flagrant use of the wrong tongue material.

Tongues ruined them unfortunately IMO. Shame coz I really wanted the black metallic's, too.
They’re a lot better than I expected and they get better the more I wear them. They are in no way better than the 2000 pair though.

I hope one day we can have a similar debate about 4s 😢
THIS.

Id take a 2000 over these off of the comfort alone.
The tongue is by far my biggest complaint. I’ve got a near DS pair of 2000s that I’m gonna sole swap and maybe replace the netting idk.
84150283-CEB3-4BEE-95D0-411FD88C49C3.jpeg

Matte 3M tongue and improved comfort as well as leather I'm assuming, would put these at or above the 2000s. I think the 2000s used open cell polyurethane for the midsole instead of closed cell like today's releases? Since open cell PU is softer and more comfortable but degrades much faster. If a harder midsole is the price we pay for longevity then so be it. I'd prefer they last long than by the time I get to my second pair the midsole is at risk of cracking or chipping.
20200512_110348.jpg

Either way I love my pair and will be doubling up on the remainder of the OG 5s. Wish I'd done the same on the Metallics but those prices now are :smh:

Since open cell PU is softer and more comfortable but degrades much faster. If a harder midsole is the price we pay for longevity then so be it. I'd prefer they last long than by the time I get to my second pair the midsole is at risk of cracking or chipping.
Speak for yourself.

My 2000s lasted until about 2010 or so, and both the blk/silver and “3M tongue” rereleased in that time period. And even if they didn’t, I’d prefer a comfy shoe I can enjoy for 8-9 years than a brick that will last 15 years.

Speak for yourself.

My 2000s lasted until about 2010 or so, and both the blk/silver and “3M tongue” rereleased in that time period. And even if they didn’t, I’d prefer a comfy shoe I can enjoy for 8-9 years than a brick that will last 15 years.
I wore my pair until 2013.
I doubt durability was a big driver for them to switch to closed cell. Probably just cheaper for them.

Speak for yourself.

I am speaking as someone that can only go off of what limited info I have on the durability and longevity. I've never owned the 2000s, I was just making observations based on what I have seen. If they lasted that long for you then that's great, and I stand corrected. Them changing to closed cell is likely just to cheapen production costs.

I am speaking as someone that can only go off of what limited info I have on the durability and longevity. I've never owned the 2000s, I was just making observations based on what I have seen. If they lasted that long for you then that's great, and I stand corrected. Them changing to closed cell is likely just to cheapen production costs.
I see... your first post makes more sense now.

In my view, they made the change because they want the brand to have a prestigious image, and that would be tainted if some midsoles were yellowing in a year and crumbling in 7-8. In the little research I’ve on PU that is used to insulate homes, closed-cell PU is more costly because of the durability compared to open-cell.

I've only seen OGs crumble within 7-8 years. I don't doubt any one's claims but every retro I've seen has at least lasted ten years, worn or unworn.

Extra information, I live in Austin, Tx which is on a river and has lakes nearby. It is extremely humid 9 months out of the year. Like 90% and up. Idk if that will effect a shoe's longevity but it could be relevant.

I've only seen OGs crumble within 7-8 years. I don't doubt any one's claims but every retro I've seen has at least lasted ten years, worn or unworn.

Extra information, I live in Austin, Tx which is on a river and has lakes nearby. It is extremely humid 9 months out of the year. Like 90% and up. Idk if that will effect a shoe's longevity but it could be relevant.

my 99 Retro 4s crumbled in year 8. Wish i knew about sole swapping back then

Back
Top Bottom