NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

i dropped the ic just to show that the netting doesn't automatically yellow like some suggest. i see alot of complaints in here about '16 white cements, but yall also complained about '12s. '12s are actually tanks. i'm happy with '16s. copping those 1st retros in '99 is something i'll never forgot. no release date or anything. just all of a sudden bam they in the store. it was a monday or a wednesday, i cannot remember.

^^ I agree. I had both the blk/cement and wht/cement 99's.

The 2016 Wht/Cement isn't that bad as people make them seem. Of course the shapes on the 99s were WAY better, but it's nice to have them again.

I wish JB would've gave us the white lining around for the 19' Blk/Cement 4s.

Concerning the netting, yea a DS pair should be white still depending on how they are stored. If they are in cool, dry place, most likely it will remain white.

If they have been worn outside, like someone said the sun and oxidation will take place and they will start to yellow.

I like the yellow aged look, so hopefully both my pairs will start again yellow naturally.

**Bonus Pic**

WE NEED Jordan IV MILITARY BLUE NIKE AIRS next!

9D63F103-E39E-4D8B-91E5-E51672AFAF34.jpeg

^^ I agree. I had both the blk/cement and wht/cement 99's.

The 2016 Wht/Cement isn't that bad as people make them seem. Of course the shapes on the 99s were WAY better, but it's nice to have them again.

This is kind of how I feel about the 2012 Military Blues, people seem to hate them and they don't hold a candle to the OGs, but they aren't that bad. Outside of the Nike Air and a few tweeks they aren't much different from current pairs.

For me each look awesome in their own way.

WC is nostalgic b/c I had them in '89.
BC is nostalgic b/c I wanted them in '89 but never got them.
FR I recall seeing on feet in '89 and love the color scheme and contrast....so clean and slick.
Militaries....subtle colorway and unique contrast with the grey toe rand.

No way am I choosing....all three are a must have for me!

Military Blue is the weakest OG 4 and it ain’t even close IMO. But we all have our own opinions.

I agree, but I wouldn’t use the term “weak” lol.

I like the Military 4s, Grape 5s, Maroon 6s, and etc because they fall out of the”normal” black red grey white color palette schemes.

Back then in the 80s and 90s, it was pretty cool to get colorways that didn’t match the Bulls uniforms.

Last edited:
Toro 4s

I like the Military 4s, Grape 5s, Maroon 6s, and etc because they fall out of the”normal” black red grey white color palette schemes.

Back then in the 80s and 90s, it was pretty cool to get colorways that didn’t match the Bulls uniforms.
I don't think younger people today realize how mainstream colors like purple, neons and turquoise were back in the late 80's and early 90's.
It wasn't uncommon to see a middle-aged white heterosexual man wearing a lavender and fushcia ski jacket with white trim and think nothing of it lol😃 "That's just the style" people would say.

I never knew/saw a single person wearing a Grape 5 in 1990. Your areas may have been different, but you couldn’t give those things away around here.
The strange thing is that from 1985 to perhaps the mid 1990's, you could purchase Air Jordans right down the road. They were considered 'sports performance sneakers', like cleats or hockey skates.

Ever since they became 'lifestyle' sneakers, stores stopped carrying them. Alot of that had to do with racial demographics, as the area I grew up in was 97% white.

But that's the thing. Back in the 80's and early 90's white folks here LOVED Air Jordans. But now, big retailers consider them 'urban lifestyle' and they are not available, even though the young kids now would like to get their hands on them.

I recall in 2007 a footlocker employee telling me that a black and yellow Air Jordan colorway, which flew off the shelves in places like NY and LA, just sat on the display shelf for over a month collecting dust. No one in the area at the time even cared about it.

But to respond to your comment, I don't really recall the Grape V's being that popular when it came to Jordans. Saw many Metallics, Black Tongues and 3M's though. Especially Metallics. They were always thrashed, as the kids and adults would like wear them every day, even in lousy weather.

Last edited:
Prominent placements of fire red/team red/university red are generally unappealing as hell to me.

Only colorway of the originals that doesn't transcend '89 -- it's stuck there.

Prominent placements of fire red/team red/university red are generally unappealing as hell to me.

Only colorway of the originals that doesn't transcend '89 -- it's stuck there.
The Fire Red is a very late 80's sneaker. That's why I dig it so much. Out of the OG 4's it's definitely the flashiest of the bunch.

I never knew/saw a single person wearing a Grape 5 in 1990. Your areas may have been different, but you couldn’t give those things away around here.
I saw a few at school but my circle of friends had the black metallics and fire reds and I got the black tongue fire red. But mainly black metallic yes.

Last edited:
Toro 4s

Where I grew up in metro Detroit, everyone mocked the Military Blues as the Jordan that people got because they were late to the game and couldn't find their size in the "real" colorways anymore LOL. No one thought it was remotely cool to wear Air Jordans in non-Bulls colorways, even though the Pistons and Bulls were at war at the time. The couple kids at my school who showed up with them got clowned. To this day I could never buy them just because that's my memory of them. In other words, there is nothing nostalgic in a good way to me about that shoe :lol:

Back
Top Bottom