Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Update: Squeaking eliminated.
Credit to rainking rainking
51F1B6F3-67D4-4C34-BEA8-C0DDBA59BEC9.jpeg

Under the insole? Awesome!
51D71462-840B-4F1F-9CBA-ED1A9F562CD0.jpeg

Actually you want to spray into these holes in the strobel. There’s also one in the forefoot (couldn’t get a photo) which is the one I needed to treat.

-Insert straw from spray can and spray liberally
-Reinsert insole then walk a few steps to distribute the lubricant (you’ll notice there’s no more squeaking).
-Remove insoles and let them off-gas outside for a few hours.

It’s magic. I’ve used it on quite a few pairs at this point.

51D71462-840B-4F1F-9CBA-ED1A9F562CD0.jpeg

Actually you want to spray into these holes in the strobel. There’s also one in the forefoot (couldn’t get a photo) which is the one I needed to treat.

-Insert straw from spray can and spray liberally
-Reinsert insole then walk a few steps to distribute the lubricant (you’ll notice there’s no more squeaking).
-Remove insoles and let them off-gas outside for a few hours.

It’s magic. I’ve used it on quite a few pairs at this point.

Yeah, I've done this before with my space jam 11s but used lithium grease spray; works great (better and longer lasting than baby powder). That's great it worked for you on these.

Faint squeaking, and the feeling that air units are moving around slightly. Had it happen in other shoes but honestly can’t recall it happening in a pair of 3’s, and I used to play ball in 3’s. It is what it is

Update: Squeaking eliminated.
Credit to rainking rainking
51F1B6F3-67D4-4C34-BEA8-C0DDBA59BEC9.jpeg
Dang, now IIIs are squeaking, too? It’s like Nike factories don’t actually even attach the airbags to the midsoles anymore.

My 2nd pair of BC3's and my RC3's both squeaked for a day after about the 10th or so wear and then went away.

Why you sell?
They looked like fakes next to my '22 Fire Reds** :lol: (edit: I typed the wrong shoe lmao)
Semi serious jokes aside, I figured they'll come back soon though probably reimagined, but if the White Cements are anything to go by, I'm sure the next iteration of the Black Cements will be great so I didn't mind letting em go. The next pair will look right at home next to my Fire Reds and next month's White Cements.

Last edited:
Did you sell?
Nah. The squeak went away after one day of wear on both. It never came back.

That's wild. I wore my '18 Black Cements FREQUENTLY before selling them and don't think I ever had an issue with them squeaking.
My first pair of '18 BC3's I wore to the ground. Even wore them in the Philippines for a month as my main rotation. Never had a problem with them. 2nd pair BC3 started squeaking after about 10 wears but went away that same day. Still currently in my rotation. Same with the RC3. Might of just been a little moisture or an outsole squeak. Never bothered to investigate once it left.

Back
Top Bottom