Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

I honestly dont care about them being an OG colorway or not, that makes no difference to me because I never had em back in the day, nore did I covet them (I mean, I was 3...). I honestly dont even care about Nike Air. I slightly care about the shape being better (which the Cardinals already have), but ultimately, what I care about most is the longevity of the shoe. I am not keeping anything until it crumbles and falls apart, so thats the only reason why I would get rid of either or both for these.
I’d recommend getting rid of the Katrinas (white sock liner) and getting Fire Reds (grey sock liner)

I'm taking OGs over Retro Pluses if they're the same colors every time no questions asked.
There's probably a few exceptions, but none immediately come to mind.
Kids with no connection to Jordan I’m sure it doesn’t really matter that much, but guys with that connection to Jordan and seeing him do greatness in the OG’s, it’s just an automatic cop with the OG’s. Too sentimental.

Kids with no connection to Jordan I’m sure it doesn’t really matter that much, but guys with that connection to Jordan and seeing him do greatness in the OG’s, it’s just an automatic cop with the OG’s. Too sentimental.

Man hold up!! Just because you weren't around doesn't mean you can't appreciate. The legacy that launched with 3s has us all on this forum 34 years later.

That said I was 10 in 88 and there was nothing more fire than what MJ was doing and being a part of it by wearing Jordans... I got to BORROW a pair of fire reds for a few days, and then traded some skyway mags (bike wheels) for used Black Cement 3s. Even then I thought I got the best end of the deal.

First pair I owned new were white cement 4s

Man hold up!! Just because you weren't around doesn't mean you can't appreciate. The legacy that launched with 3s has us all on this forum 34 years later.

That said I was 10 in 88 and there was nothing more fire than what MJ was doing and being a part of it by wearing Jordans... I got to BORROW a pair of fire reds for a few days, and then traded some skyway mags (bike wheels) for used Black Cement 3s. Even then I thought I got the best end of the deal.

First pair I owned new were white cement 4s
There are always some exceptions. However, the further you’re away from something it doesn’t really resonate as much. That’s all I meant.

I mean, the young kids care more about the Travis Scott collabs or whatever is hyped before they really care about an OG such as the 2’s that are coming out later this year.

cant believe yall trying to convince people to get these. if they dont like it like that they dont like it like that.
Hey, people wanna be dumb, no sweat off my back. I’ll have my 3 pairs either way. What’s to not like about this shoe if you’re a Jordan, Bulls, basketball, or sneaker fan? Come on. People will be jerking off to Chicago 1s later this year but pass on these classics? OK! :rofl:

As the stupid saying goes….just do you.

Katrina’s :sick:

Cardinals :sick:

8089E669-20B5-4AA9-8CFF-AC4D88C133D3.jpeg

What if youre running out of closet space and cant really justify spending $200 on another pair of shoes that look 90% alike?

Ill see what I cant get for my Katrinas, but right now I need to move something to make space if I get these.

Also I think Im done buying doubles of anything as well (intentionally). Got too many duplicate shoes I cant even get rid of now with out worrying about those 1099s, and people on FB around here are annoying af.

They really did these justice. The elephant print on the toe still comes up a lil high, but it’s much better still than the last BC3 release.

Overall, these are up there with the 2015 Aquas, the 2019 Infrared 6, and the recent 11’s.
What did you think of the 2020 Fire Red V, 2018 Shadow X, 2016 Midnight Navy XVI? I think they are up there.

Problem is people get suckered in to buying a lot of the 💩 Jordan Brand puts out and then when a classic drops they either don’t have the money or feel like they don’t need them with all of the other 💩 they already bought. However, if there’s any shoe to really buy this year, this one is it. Hasn’t had a decent retro ever(except for this new one)and the first time with the Nike Air since 1988. Hey, if you don’t have the money, I understand. I get it. But if there’s any way you can swing getting these, I’d do it. These are as classic as it gets. Just trying to help. Just trying to steer some people in the right direction. Believe me, I don’t get any money from Jordan Brand for saying this. :rofl:

I got it... I just dont need to spend it on yet another pair of shoes that look damn near the same. Like I said before though... gonna list my Katrinas and see what I can get to maybe justify buying these. My Katrinas are starting to look a little worn so I get rid of those first, and because theyre the oldest pair and we all know what time does to 3s.

Back
Top Bottom