Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Thanks bro [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]. I think everybody should be good. Glad to say these are everywhere. Footlocker will be begging people to buy tommorow :pimp:.

:lol:
yo, in around 2001-02 in my area, most footlockers stopped getting any decent jordan releases...this went on for maybe 4 years

the rumor was that nike was punishing them for shady business practices
not just the backdoor sales, etc... but in this case it was that footlocker employees (in their uniforms) were going around malls & da streets in shopping areas & soliciting people to return their air jordan cop from the other chain & get em at footlocker with some kind of discount....

don't know if anyone else remember dat ish?

Last edited:
I already know fam, It's just hard for me to do. I feel like I can't relate to people, honestly. Either I don't say enough, or I come on to strong to people. So I just stay quiet, in too myself @Mr S J King
. And don't get me started with the younger generation. I feel like I have nothin' in common with them. It's all Drake, Future, Kendrick, Kanye & Trap BS with them. & I don't mess with none of those overrated clowns.

I'm 90% Old-School Hip-Hop & R&B, Jazz, Rock & Soul right here G. Even some of the other artist out here, on the real hip-hop ish out here.... I'm just not feelin'. I mean I know times change, but I just cannot get jiggy with this ish anymore. I don't know, maybe I'm just gettin' older. It used to be a time when I couldn't wiat to hear new new music. I used to make beats, & wanted to be a rapper & everything.

Now I could care less. the stuff is so bad now, it has actually killed my passion to do it anymore.

Preach bro, I'm pretty much right there with ya. I don't really screw with the new school stuff of today. I find it increasingly humorous that 80s and 90s hip hop is now considered old school. When I think "old school" I think Earth Wind and Fire, the Isleys, Sugarhill Gang, etc. The 60s/70s, and not just hip hop/r&b but also stuff like early AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Eagles, etc. I think I have a really well rounded appreciation of good music. Plus I've been a part time DJ my whole adult life and it helps to know (and enjoy) a lot of different music from as many generations as possible. The Drake crowd? The trap crowd? Those that worship at the feet of Kanye? That all can get ridiculous at times. Most of the time. It's the equivalent of being a hype beast but not just for clothes, more like for a whole piece of culture. I think Kendrick is OK but he's pretty much the only newer rapper I can halfway vibe on. Other than that, give me one of the few rap albums you can still listen to front to back and I'm happy. The Chronic. Above The Rim. The Predator. Doggystyle. The Eminem Show. Straight Outta Compton. I could go on.

EDIT: HOW on Earth could I leave out All Eyez On Me or Me Against The World? Somewhere, at this very moment, Air Sak is quietly shaking his damn head. :lol:

Don't even get me started on Drake and his wayward sports team pedigree. No offense to any of you who might be Drake fans, but he's the type of guy who'd walk through a guy's locker room whistling "Stranger In Paradise." Maybe that reference is a little TOO old school for some of you. :lol:

Last edited:
It sounds like y'all have failed to adapt. Times forever change; if you're stuck in one era, it's hard to appreciate new stuff. I'm a Drake/Kanye/Kendrick/Cole fan and I'm sure i may not bang with the music that'll be out in the next decade.

It sounds like y'all have failed to adapt. Times forever change; if you're stuck in one era, it's hard to appreciate new stuff. I'm a Drake/Kanye/Kendrick/Cole fan and I'm sure i may not bang with the music that'll be out in the next decade.

Or it could be, we've become our parents. THAT'S a scary thought. LOL.

I find it increasingly humorous that 80s and 90s hip hop is now considered old school.

Ya, but nonetheless, you knew it was gonna happen.
I mean, as a hip-hop enthusiast, you must have thought about it years ago.

When we came up it was this:

anything before 1983 or Run DMC was old school
anything Run DMC & after was the new school
and the new ish in the late 80s/early 90s was considered the "now school"

remember dat b? :lol:

Last edited:
Sup NT fam.. First time post here. Super Excited for these. Went 2/2 on raffles luckily. However I'm only picking one pair up. So, for all the folks near San Francisco, I won a pair off sheikhs. It's a size 12. If anyone is interested in the exact location of the store, feel free to let me know.
PM'd

Is there any photos of anyone besides MJ and Will Smith wearing these back in the 90s?

Last edited:
hey broz >: i gotta an appointment tomorrow...........after 10. i think im gonna cop tonight or ?

lets see what happens

Whew.. like Pac said "it ain't no hope for the youth and the truth is it ain't no hope for the future". That's how I feel about the next generations would be music. Poor kids won't even have the same sensibilities as my generation and older to even begin to create actual music. No, not these social media/ snapchat raised babies. So glad I was exposed to real music in my life.

Would a trade of these for DS Maroon 6's be considered even? I will have one extra pair of 5s when I pick up my pairs tomorrow.

hey fam is backdoor.it 100% authentic? thinking about copping....

Send positive vibes my way with the FCFS tomorrow at 7 and another one at 10 if I don't get the first one.  

Back
Top Bottom