Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I love these just the way they are.... But, being that I have the true og, the 3m was better on the og Vs. These tongues have a weird plasticy texture...

I love these just the way they are.... But, being that I have the true og, the 3m was better on the og Vs. These tongues have a weird plasticy texture...
Yeah the tongues are the only "misstep" on these if you wanna be picky. Past that they really did a good job. Nice to see them finally get one pretty much right.

The tongues on these are definitely different than every other model that has been released. I haven't been able to tell what they're made of, but the sheen is definitely iridescent/pearlescent/luminescent. That all being said, I'm assuming the reason for this is so that 1) these would reflect as bright as the OGs/2000s while 2) having increased durability. In many instances, the tongue material on the OGs and 2000s was known to become patchy or chipped after heavy wear. I don't see that happening with the 2016s AT ALL. At first I wasn't crazy about the near constant satin-y velvet-y sheen in almost all of the early pics. But if it's an improvement in long term durability, I can deal with it.

The price on these is high, but luckily nbastore came through with carrying these and was able to get them for about $170 each, NDC pairs going back.

Super pumped I got these bad boys, all I have to do is wait until they get delivered on Friday.

Congrats to all those who copped!

Black / Red 1's  || True Blue 3's and Space Jam 11's and I'm done for the year 
nthat.gif

Hopefully JB continues the trend of at least one(more are welcome) 3-6 NA retro a year. I'm guessing black cement 3, military 4s in summer, grape 5s black Friday, and the carmine 6 in December 2017 all mass gr

​
You already know @jaylaw15!!!
 ​
smokin.gif
 ​
I had to get my double up G!!! I copped a pair off Backdoor, for $223 shipped. And won the raffle at my local House of Hoops.
 ​
Here's pictures of my Foot Locker pair, I won from the raffle. It came to $235, in some change. It would've posted them yesterday, but I wasn't feelin' well... fa real.
 ​
I went to go pick my pair up, around 11:30, on Saturday. I couldn't believe how dead it was. It was only some old couple, & another dude behind me. It was a few other young dudes in the store, but they were just lookin' around. I wish I would've checked them out, before leavin' the store. I think someone tried one of the shoes on, or somethin'. The white tissue paper was missin', & in the cardboard outta the left shoe.
 ​
Like I said though, I wasn't in my right mind. I've been dizzy, nauseous, off & I've been havin' headaches...  Off & On for a few weeks now. I don't know WTF is wrong with me. So, I was just tryin' to get in & get out. I feel like a loser goin' into my local mall anyways, because all the people in there... Act snobby, & stuck up as hell. They were cool on Saturday though.
 ​
This chick that worked there was talkin' my head off, about nothin', too. While I was still half sleep, and mesmerized by this other redbone who there. Who is cold as hell, & booty is stupendous!!!
laugh.gif
I wish could've got her, more then the V's actually (Kinda sort of). I know it's a wrap at that mall though. & she more than likely as a dude, in this small *** city.
 ​
Anyways, long story short (not really) I'm astounded at the quality of these. This retro is perfection
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, better than the WC 4's IMHO. Makes me wish I'd never, copped those atrocious 2011's. They look like fakes in comparison. I just hope that the toe box, doesn't get ashy, like my 2011's did.
 ​
I didn't know which pictures were the best, so I just posted ALL of them.
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
The 3M is extra nice too, NT!!! I don't know why my phone didn't pick it up good. But it's super clean in person.
 ​
One All-Time, Nike Air grail down, two more to go NT!!!! I hope, & pray that when the BC 4's re-re-re-retro... They fix the shape, & have this quality. I might retire after that NT, fa real.
laugh.gif
Shout out's to @green rhino123 for tellin' me to keep my head up, @AirSakuragi, @babyJs23 for keepin' them links on deck, @dhtowng & @Pain for finally completin' his OG collection. & all of the NTers, who were able to eat... & go for second, thirds, & fourths for this release.
 ​
I would've tripled up myself, if I was able too.
laugh.gif
I'm done now, until the True Blue's & Space Jam's. I wanna get the Black & Red 1's & White, Gold & Black 5's, but I think I gonna pass. I gotta get my money back right, among other things. Plus, I'm not really feelin' the tumbled leather on the 1's. Only time will tell though.
 ​
Hopefully, all Nike Air pairs get released in abundance, for hear on out. So we can all cop with EXTRA ease.
 ​
nthat.gif

most HOH around me still has some decent sizes left
ohwell.gif
 i guess that $220 price point is the deal breaker for many people
grin.gif

Last edited:
Hopefully JB continues the trend of at least one(more are welcome) 3-6 NA retro a year. I'm guessing black cement 3, military 4s in summer, grape 5s black Friday, and the carmine 6 in December 2017 all mass gr
I hope so too, however Dino tweeted a while back that after next year they are going to cut back on the NA retros (IE release even fewer each year.) I'll look for the tweet, but who knows it's just a rumor.

I hope so too, however Dino tweeted a while back that after next year they are going to cut back on the NA retros (IE release even fewer each year.) I'll look for the tweet, but who knows it's just a rumor.

as long as they release the black cement 4 next year - i'm fine with that

Last edited:
Pairs go fast on nbastore.com so you have to be quick to get them at a discount. Nbastore like other businesses thank military service members and their families with an ongoing 15% off everything on their site, I don't believe they're restrictions. You apply on id.me to verify eligibility. I also applied for a BBVA Compass NBA AMEX which gives you 20% off any purchase on nbastore.com, which I believe is without restrictions either. My total was about $210 with the initial 15% off, CA taxes and shipping included. My AMEX will be returning in statement credit to me 20% off total which after receiving brings my bottom line total to about $170. You can also take it a little further and go through ebates for a 2-3% cashback on purchase too. Nbastore also puts sizes back up here and there through the day and sometimes through the week.
For those that aren't eligible for the military discount, you can still get the overall credit with the NBA AMEX.

Last edited:
he was talking about OG releases in general and mentioned the aqua 8s. I doubt they'll stop the Nike air releases since they've sold so well.

Back
Top Bottom