Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I definitely had and played with a few white translucent bballs back in the day, can't remember if it had a jumpman or it was just a Wilson or spalding.

It was Wilson. I had one as a kid.....View media item 2088995
View media item 2088996
These pics are pulled from online and it is kind of hard to see. But the balls were like clear...ish.
Kinda of translucent. But because they were out door balls they just got dirty instantly.

It was Wilson. I had one as a kid.....View media item 2088995
View media item 2088996
These pics are pulled from online and it is kind of hard to see. But the balls were like clear...ish.
Kinda of translucent. But because they were out door balls they just got dirty instantly.

I believe I remember this ball also. But it looks like this was probably out around '91-'92 because on the box MJ is wearing VIs. I still swear there was an earlier ball around the time of the Vs that was also translucent but had a Jumpman visible inside it, because apparently Wilson was allowed to use the Jumpman on some of their balls back then.

​
Man I wish they were $190+ tax @blw843. That $450+ is gonna f'in' disintegrate my pockets, on the double up tip. I just have to double up though. These are one of my favorite Jordan's of all-time right here. They're absolute grail status. 2nd place behind the Black Cement 4's for me, with the Black Infrared 6's in 3rd. Well, the 2.5th place if I could.
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
I hope & pray that the retail price stays at $220+, for the next few years. The next price increase is gonna hurt like hell.
 ​
tired.gif
 ​

Last edited:
I hope the material is somewhat like the aquas....whatever that **** that's on black infra 6 is HORRIBLE...it scuffs if u even breathe wrong on it

I hope the material is somewhat like the aquas....whatever that **** that's on black infra 6 is HORRIBLE...it scuffs if u even breathe wrong on it

I know right @blw843, I gotta scuff on my Black Infra 6's on the right shoe. I'm afraid to try and clean it, it might make it look worse.
laugh.gif
I guess I'm finally gonna have to order some Jason Marks cleaner, and try it out.

Last edited:
hope they sit like maroons and white cement 4
Cement 4s didn't exactly sit like the Maroon 6s did.  Cement 4s were actually sold out by the Monday after their initial Saturday release, so essentially within 2-3 days.

I have a feeling the Metallic 5s could play out like that

Back
Top Bottom