Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

How many pairs did they make of these, because they seem to be plenty around.  I think the price deterred some however to still be available.

I might be one of the few who doesn't believe price had much to do with these still being available, at least not a major impact anyway. The fact of the matter is Nike/JB outpaced the immediate demand for this shoe. Had they produced far less fewer OG V's they'd be gone by now. Those who wanted them immediately got them. Those who couldn't get them at the time of release for whatever reason will still be able to get them.

The 72-10's were $200+ and they produced several 100K of those so I hear. The price wasn't a deterrent then. If the demand is there the price is not that much of a factor.

Anticipating the demand for retros has been hit or miss lately. There really is no science to it. Aqua's slow movement surprised people, the 12's were a hit this year and a few OG 1 colorways have been easier to get than before. I always play for the immediate cop if I'm highly eager for the shoe and I just the logistics take care of themselves.

It's a combination of more being made and being more expensive. 72-10's aren't inclusive to the formula because they released during the holidays where people are insistent on spending money. The demand for retros years back was due to the fact that each release became harder and harder to get, fueling desire for the next big release. Some couldn't fathom missing out on a sneaker they waited months for, outside in the rain for, so on so then you have a resell outlet now. Nike has destroyed the reseller. Put enough of these in stores to where people won't go through a middle man and made them at a higher price point to where they're making more money off retros than they did a few years ago, even if they sell a few thousand pairs less of the same shoe then when it released 4-5 years ago. Many people in the community wanted Nike to take ownership for the chaos that Air Jordan retros were causing. Nike did away with midnight releases, implemented a new online system and made them much more available.

Be careful what you wish for :lol:

Ironically, it was my pair from FootLocker that I returned. My FinishLine pair was flawless.

The jordan tshirts run small as well? I don't think people double. I belive they triple and quadrupled. Who knows when jordan is gonna rereease a shoe that looks identical or similar to te ogs. I only got one pair. Might not even have time to wear that one. Everyone that copped is a winner but the people that got over are the ones with nike discount.

Last edited:
The jordan tshirts run small as well?

The Hang Time and Toggle shirts run athletic but not as severe as the reflective NA shirt. The NA shirt runs about a whole size to one and a half size small for me. I got a XXXL and it fits like between what an XL and XXL used to be a few years ago. The Hang Time and Toggle shirts run maybe a quarter to a half size small, so not quite TTS.

How many pairs did they make of these, because they seem to be plenty around.  I think the price deterred some however to still be available.
Indeed.  I was at the mall today and they were all over. $230 after tax is a lot of coin for shoes.  I was a kid when these bad boys dropped and the were $125.  Now just because they drop Nike Air on the back they damn near doubled the price.  
mean.gif

Doubled up here too...copped when they hit NDC on release day and used a promo code for the savings. Minimum 2 pears were a must!!!

The Hang Time and Toggle shirts run athletic but not as severe as the reflective NA shirt. The NA shirt runs about a whole size to one and a half size small for me. I got a XXXL and it fits like between what an XL and XXL used to be a few years ago. The Hang Time and Toggle shirts run maybe a quarter to a half size small, so not quite TTS.
Same with the hyper mesh Ts. I had to get a XXXL cause the XXL fit like a damned L

Indeed.  I was at the mall today and they were all over. $230 after tax is a lot of coin for shoes.  I was a kid when these bad boys dropped and the were $125.  Now just because they drop Nike Air on the back they damn near doubled the price.  
mean.gif
They cost the same as they did now.

I had a pair of 2000's when I was little, they're about the same quality as these and honestly the even older OG looks a bit weird now.
[h1]125  in 1990 → $228.37  in 2016[/h1]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom