NIKE AIR MAG 2015

i heard that there will be a more widely available version as well without the power lacing and possibly without the LED light system (maybe GITD sole instead). remember they wanted to release these in tiers

I'd be cool with that honestly if they actually actually "widely available" but I'm sure the power lacing joints will be Unicorn rare while the non power lace ones will be Liger rare

Two versions would be nice be if one has the Power Lacing and LED lights and the other has No Power lacing and NO LED then it better be way cheaper. Knowing nike these will be at lease $250.00 + Would be amazing if the dropped on 10/21/2014 at  7:29 PM EST

for power lacing s*** probably gonna be 500$ at least

If they look close to this then I wouldn't mind, but if like the regular ones nah. Would make my feet stupid long.
laugh.gif
+1

Would rather have this design

Or two versions or something, a limited Air Mag "Retro" to satisfy those who want the OG, and then an Air Mag 2015 that actually looks practical and worn with jeans

i heard that there will be a more widely available version as well without the power lacing and possibly without the LED light system (maybe GITD sole instead). remember they wanted to release these in tiers
I already feel like I wouldn't have a shot at the power lacing version, so I'd be down for a widely available version without the lacing system.

In the Nike Air Mag vid back in 2011 with KD, it said  SEP 8 2011 which is the date they were put on ebay and the 2015 date was also SEP 8.

(PAUSE at 1:22)

So Nike going to release them on a Wednesday? Who knows, Yeezy was dropped on a Sunday. I projecting at least $400+ retail.

Air mag >>>>>> yeezy

Why?
Air mags are part of sci fi movie history.
Shoes many wished nike would release
in reality.

air yeezys are popular because of the
hype made by kayne west on purpose.

anytime.

Last edited:
this gonna be good, i'm waiting this time will have general release to public.

Yeezy is over now on to the Air Mag :smokin

+1​

Would rather have this design​

Or two versions or something, a limited Air Mag "Retro" to satisfy those who want the OG, and then an Air Mag 2015 that actually looks practical and worn with jeans​

that would piss so many people off, people want the air mags from the movie why would they change it lol

Air mag >>>>>> yeezy

Why?
Air mags are part of sci fi movie history.
Shoes many wished nike would release
in reality.

air yeezys are popular because of the
hype made by kayne west on purpose.

anytime.

I'm pretty sure no one would argue with you on that :lol: there wouldn't be yeezys without the air mags, that was a big inspiration

Last edited:
Perfect.

That gives everyone plenty of time to figure out how to rock these casually.

Shoes like the Mag and Yeezy aren't made for "normal" people.

They're made for the secondary market, people with the diposable income to pay thousands of dollars, and athletes/celebs. It's made for the elites and creates a bigger divide between the haves and have nots.

When I hear news like this, I don't even think about how I'm going to cop anymore. Nike structures these releases in a way that make it nearly impossible to cop for retail. It's like a suicide mission, there is no purpose.
Will be thrown in our faces all year and be super limited and only the rich or the hype beast or the sneaker celebs or the people with "connects" or rap celebs will be able to cop and NDC will crash and no one wi be able to cop. Yawn. The writing is on the wall...
This. Not sure why any of you are excited unless you're the type that can afford 5K shoes or just like the thrill of the hunt only to strike out.

This "game" ain't made for us anymore.

Last edited:
“ARE WE GOING TO SEE POWER LACES IN 2015? TO THAT, I SAY YES.”

-Tinker Hatfield

Everyone is just assuming this means Air Mags but it's all too careful. This wasn't a random comment: Nike made a calculated move to bring Tinker out on All Star weekend to say this. I mean, that's not how you talk in conversation; that's a prepared statement. Both the question and the answer carefully avoid ever mentioning the Air Mag which is no accident. It would be an incredible slap in the face to the original auction winners to release a better version of their shoe after repeatedly and explicitly saying the shoe would never rerelease. The signs point towards power laces on a different and/or new shoe.

Either way, that's how you start the hype train.

They're made for the secondary market, people with the diposable income to pay thousands of dollars, and athletes/celebs. It's made for the elites and creates a bigger divide between the haves and have nots.

When I hear news like this, I don't even think about how I'm going to cop anymore. Nike structures these releases in a way that make it nearly impossible to cop for retail. It's like a suicide mission, there is no purpose.

This. Not sure why any of you are excited unless you're the type that can afford 5K shoes or just like the thrill of the hunt only to strike out.

All this. I honestly believe this release will be so ugly (fights, robberies, deaths) that Nike may actually change the way they do business. I expect nothing but the worse but I hope this is the shoe that starts the sneaker crash, like the video game crash of the 80s.

Yeezy's were made to be an affordable alternative to high end sneakers, but nike is too old fashioned.

Simple supply and demand, Nike would rather brand their signature athletes, then invest in a yeezy line.

Air MAGs are a different story, that's an Iconic movie and there are some real die hard BTTF fans.

People who don't even like sneakers will buy MAG's because of what the shoe represents to them.

I would imagine Nike doing a line of power lacing shoes. The Air Mags will just be the must have (and most limited) of them all.

ebay auction again. at least for the power lacing version. no way nike tries to release these in store, and probably not on their site either. remember the last air mags were a tremendous tax break for them. i see these new ones being nothing more than that for nike as well

I don't think these will be auctioned off like the 2011's. If anything Nike will charge rape price like $350-$400 and part of the proceeds will go to Parkinson's research but there are way too many people waiting on this shoe for it to be a "rich and famous" exclusive like last time.

tinker said extremely limited no? makes sense for them to auction them off again. far less of a headache for nike than if they have to worry about bad PR from a crashed website or riots outside brick and mortar stores. these were extremely sought after and went for thousands of dollars, but there was no headache involved in the release for nike

tinker said extremely limited no? makes sense for them to auction them off again. far less of a headache for nike than if they have to worry about bad PR from a crashed website or riots outside brick and mortar stores. these were extremely sought after and went for thousands of dollars, but there was no headache involved in the release for nike

He did mention extremely limited... :smh:

In other words it'll be a repeat of 2011. Low availability and high resell for those not lucky enough to get them.

Back
Top Bottom