NIKE AIR MAG 2015

How are you able to tell the difference between the 2011 and this years? Also does anyone know if they've already started production yet

^^Duh, I think he knows that part, but how can he "tell" from the picture is the question.

All the power lace motors/actuators/electronics are all concealed in the new model too.

Last edited:
How are you able to tell the difference between the 2011 and this years? Also does anyone know if they've already started production yet
Because I had a pair of the 2011's. you can tell by the upper around the laces. If there really was power lacing in that pair it wouldn't look like that. Only 4 strips of elastic a la the Barkley 94's.

Ok, but why do to think the laces won't look the same? Isnt the idea to replicate the movie version as close as possible?
Ive only seen the 2011 once or twice in person, but what they are proposing in the drawings for the new version look like it could be an exact match, except with electronic components concealed of course. I guess it could be all in the production, but the drawings do appear very similar as to what we would see on the outside and how the laces look. The 4 laces look like they will be attached to a shaft and motor at the bottom of the shoe, meaning the laces could still actually be elastic like the 2011 version. Look like the motor will pull them tight from the bottom. They would probably be attached to a different point of course, compared to the 2011, but I cant tell from that pic of PG where the straps are attached .

Last edited:
Ok, but why do to think the laces won't look the same? Isnt the idea to replicate the movie version as close as possible?
Ive only seen the 2011 once or twice in person, but what they are proposing in the drawings for the new version look like it could be an exact match, except with electronic components concealed of course. I guess it could be all in the production, but the drawings do appear very similar as to what we would see on the outside and how the laces look.
Button for the lacing system on lateral side

It says its a switch not button, which could actually be underneath the outer layer and not visible on the shoe

Edit: yea, it could be an actual "button" but could also still be underneath and not visible from the outside. The drawings don't show it well and the call it a both a switch & button in different paragraphs.

Last edited:

That would be awesome.
Bruhhhh.

These can't drop without this box.

But it would probably be OD expensive.

Speaking of which, since the first ones were bought at charity, what would the price on these be?

I'm thinking no less that 300-400.

I also wanna see what they can do with other Colorways. A Black version with similar color blocking to the Metallic V's would be piff.

Last edited:
Another "duh", of course I saw that if I saw the drawings and knew how they intend to activate the laces.

You also don't see the LEDS in that view, which tells me that still might not be the outer layer, which tells me that "button" (also referred to as switch) could still be underneath the heal cup plastic.

Like I said, the drawings dont show it well enough, to assume thats on the outer layer

Last edited:
You guys can look at those schematics all you want...I still feel in my gut this isn't happening the way you all think it is.

Unless Nike intends to release the Mag shoe under trade secrets (which would be stupid given how easily the shoe, electronics, & control algorithms can be replicated), then the shoe will be true to the wording of the existing patents. The actual design could be slightly different from the drawings of the 2013 patent, but it wont differ from the basis of whats described in the wording. IMO
I think getting a new patent approved these days is a sham, but its still a convulated process that takes a very long time. If they are releasing a Mag with different design features from their existing patents, then we arent getting it this year.
Besides, what would be the point of an auto lacing shoe that doesnt doesnt look like the shoe did in the movie and do what it did. That would be a cool idea for a shoe in general, could still help raise money, AND could be useful to those with certain physical limitations from diseases like Parkinsons, but it wouldn't be true to BTTF. It would just be an auto lacing shoe

Last edited:
Bruhhhh.

These can't drop without this box.

But it would probably be OD expensive.

Speaking of which, since the first ones were bought at charity, what would the price on these be?

I'm thinking no less that 300-400.

I also wanna see what they can do with other Colorways. A Black version with similar color blocking to the Metallic V's would be piff.

Pinnacles dropped at 400 in a regular box...

Another "duh", of course I saw that if I saw the drawings and knew how they intend to activate the laces.

You also don't see the LEDS in that view, which tells me that still might not be the outer layer, which tells me that "button" (also referred to as switch) could still be underneath the heal cup plastic.

Like I said, the drawings dont show it well enough, to assume thats on the outer layer
I finally see what you're saying. You're thinking about the button being under the lights? I was just taking the drawings at face value and thinking that you can move the light back if you just modify the shape of the heel cup a bit and have it wrap around just slightly more than it would be without the button.

I would also assume that is a photo with the old version of the Mag. Leo Chang designed the Hyperdunk after it so it makes sense that he was working off of the existing shoe.

Waiting for the pic and release information, wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get release info until that supposed sep 8

Waiting for the pic and release information, wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get release info until that supposed sep 8
not to give them any ideas, but honestly they could drop these at 6pm today with a 1500 pricetag and be sold out in 30mins. no advertising needed for these

not to give them any ideas, but honestly they could drop these at 6pm today with a 1500 pricetag and be sold out in 30mins. no advertising needed for these
Hmm for 1500 i could see them selling within a week, remember not everyone is going to shell out 1500, now if they priced between 600- 1000 i would say instant sell out. An average check is about 600 (guessing) you wanna get the consumer to be able to afford the shoe on one check. 

Pricing at 1500 wouldnt be smart it would be like pricing them at high end shoes level. If i were nike id mass produce these bad boys and sell them at 600 flood the markets.

Pricing at 1500 wouldnt be smart it would be like pricing them at high end shoes level. If i were nike id mass produce these bad boys and sell them at 600 flood the markets.
you're being too idealistic about it. the lore of these demands them to be kept in small-ish quantities.

You guys really think these wouldn't sell for $1500? There would be a lines down the street of people camping for that price
They already sold for thousands without power laces or the special box.
I still don't think these will be release normally. Probably another auction or some gimmick to maximize $$$

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom