Nike air max + 2009 worth the money?

It is about time for me to get a new running shoe and I have been thinking about the air max + 2009. I haven't used a nike running shoe in years. My lasttwo pairs of running shoes have been new balance 992's. I have like the 992's but just wonder what people are thinking of the nike 2009 and if theyare worth the $160 price tag. Or if I should stay with the 992. Let me know what you guys think.

You realize that the 992 and the Air Max 2009 are completely different types of shoes?? They are intended for different foot types.

As for the 'worth the money' question, that's decided by how much you plan to run and how YOUR feet respond to the cushioning feel. If you haveaccess to try them on before buying, then by all means, use that as your guide rather than 'blind advice' from people who know almost nothing aboutyour feet.

Originally Posted by allenp24

Both are for running just tring to get different opinions?

They are different types of shoes for different types of feet. If you think that you can pick a running shoe simply by 'opinions' or cushioningtech, there's a lot more to know.

Go to good running site(s) like:
www.runnersworld.com
http://www.runnersworld.com/topic/0,7122,s6-240-319-0-0,00.html
www.roadrunnersports.com (for a look at selection)
and go to the shoes section. As an example, I have moderately flat feet; if I were to choose the wrong shoe type, then I couldpotentially injure myself.

Then again, if you're just going around the block for a few minutes and/or you're indestructible then I suppose you could choose yourshoes only based on the opinions of people who know nothing about your feet.

fc1114 is right, they are for 2 different types of feet.....the 992 is more of a motion control shoe for pronators or (people with flatter feet that run moreon the inside of their feet) the 2009's are more of a cushioning shoe, they have superior cushion but probably wont have the stability or support of the992. They are very nice and definately worth the money depending on your foot type. If you liked the 992's id maybe also recommend trying the asics kayanostho, those are an excellent shoe. Finishline has the 15 day test run going right now so you could try them out and if you dont like them go back to the992's.

I like the 992 very comfortable but more cushion sounds good too. I tried a pair of nike air 2009 + on at finishline liked how they felt walking around.

993 are even better than the 992.

All the previous AM360 have ended up at Outlets in full-force. Maybe Nike scaled back production of the 2009s but I don't see people in this economyshelling out $170 for a pair of these. They will be in outlets within a year.

The only reason I even tried on a pair was to see what size I would wear. Thought I could get them at eastbay but when I got home couldn't use the 30% offcoupon. They must have changed it with in that 2 hours. Could have got them for about 115.

Fersnash - couldn't agree more.

Price point is just insane, even when we're not in a recession. I got a pair of AM360 II's at $55 one time, and they didn't even last that long interms of the air bubble. They used to retail for $160, then Nike dropped the price to $140, which is still asking a lot.

I've had my Asics Gel Nimbus VII's for years now and for me, Gel KILLS air in terms of comfort, cushioning and durability. Seriously, those Asics justkeep going and going, so durable.

Part of me doesn't feel right commenting about the +2009 because I don't have a pair, but then I also think a question like this can not be answered byanyone else, only the person interested can actually know if it was worth the $. For me, it definitely would NOT be worth it, even if they are by some miraclea spectacular shoe.

laugh.gif
im fat.. i dont run for a damn thing.. i walk a lot....but the AM2k9 are now the most comfy shoes i own.. im about to pick up another pair.... my wifedoes little gym work outs in hers and she loves them... i paid full price for them like all my other kicks... and i dont have no regrets

Originally Posted by Diego1984

Wait till they go down in price!

i might try to go online and find a coupon or something.. has enyone got these for below retail??? if so how much? any clue of these hitting outlest? let meknow bro

I got some 2009's for 100 on ebay. I think they are worth that, but no where near 160. I'm 6'1, 175 and more of an air zoom guy. Just got these because they look cool. However, I do run everyday, 2 or 3 miles, and strongly suggest some Jordan Trunners. Its about the only good shoe Jordan makes anymore and can be wore for lifting and running. Check em out, only about $50 on ebay.

OP is VERY clueless about shoe shopping. Seriously dude, just READ what FC said. Get fit for some shoes don't just pick and choose. It will help you prevent injury in the long run.

Look into minimalist shoes as well. Vibrams, Frees, etc. They're not really groundbreaking due to technology, but more the lack of technology. Barefoot movement is the besssst.

Back
Top Bottom