Nike Air Max CW Appreciation(Vol.- Can we get a proper Retro?)

Had the black/blue back in the day, really liked them.

But Nike would never do these right now.

We get cut rate shoes... but people with OGs have theirs undermined.

Should just be left alone now.

PLEASE NIKE ...RETRO THESE SHOES!!!

Not those weak Air Max Sensations either. I'm talkin bout the original Nike Air Max CW colorways pictured above with the CW logo (which I believe Nike should be able to use since they most likely designed it) with the #2 on the rear tabs.
I tried buying those Sensations to fill the void of never having these. It's not the same. I even bought a used beat up pair of the OG black/blue colorway on eBay and they fell apart on me (they were too old). I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE....THEY ARE MY GRAILS!!!

Black and Blue Air Max CW followed by the White, Black and Reds a month later would be great Nike, Thanks!!!
2 pairs of each for me....

theres no way Nike can use the CW logo without Webbers permission because it refers to his name and likeness and is already documented as referring to him, of course they designed the logo, but that has nothing to do with the legality of it.
If they could do it they would of done it already, and given the rocky history with Webber, it would never happen because they dont want to have to pay him to use the likeness.....

They had to take Deions logo off the recent Diamond Turf retroes and that logo didnt even have his initials in it.....

Originally Posted by jm9312

in b4 someone calls
but seriously the black and blue one ars copped when/if they retro

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
@The beautiful airbubble!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by natone

in b4 someone calls

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I know, can you remember seeing that ad back in 95?   It was pure awesomeness.  The Air Unit at its finest.   It was a shoe that just had to be bought.  I begged my parents for them for the beginning of high school in August 95.  The ended up buying me the black/blue pair from Palais Royal. 
Starting High School with my first pair of shoes with the biggest air unit ever was awesome.  

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what do you mean do it right? they did it right two times already. they retroed them twice. besides the number and logo they were on point and ALMOST as comfortable as the og but nothing was better comfort wise as the og. Still maybe the best cushioning in a shoe ever...
^ Word. I was about to say, it was done right lol. I see complaining is a habit here now
laugh.gif

To me, "done right" means at least bringing out the original colorways. They only retro'd the White/Navy and it was missing the pull tab on the back. I need that black/Royal colorway the most. I'm sure folks would buy these if done in the exact colorways.

^ I see what you saying. FYI, the pull tab is there. Unless they didn't add it to the second retro version. The first retro, which is the one I have, has a pull tab on the back. To me, they were done right, I had the originals and the retros and the only difference was not having Webber's logo on it, which I understood because he isn't a Nike athlete anymore.

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

^ Word. I was about to say, it was done right lol. I see complaining is a habit here now
laugh.gif

To me, "done right" means at least bringing out the original colorways. They only retro'd the White/Navy and it was missing the pull tab on the back. I need that black/Royal colorway the most. I'm sure folks would buy these if done in the exact colorways.

^ I see what you saying. FYI, the pull tab is there. Unless they didn't add it to the second retro version. The first retro, which is the one I have, has a pull tab on the back. To me, they were done right, I had the originals and the retros and the only difference was not having Webber's logo on it, which I understood because he isn't a Nike athlete anymore.

My mistake on the pull tab. Now that you mention it the 1st retro of the White/Blue were ok, but I still another shot at them and at least the Black/Royal colorway. I am more than positive that the same folks who bought the Barkley's will love these. Nike if you are reading this, please consider the 3 OG colorways and at least leave the pull tab and the AirMax logo on the tongue
nerd.gif

8c83668744cd03b46290e08dcabff6e3a804e2dd.JPG

Pics fixed... The FIRST Air Max Sensation Retro – circa 97/98? Bought them in a flea market a size too small because it was the only one of its kind.

Japanese characters where the "CW" (and later the Nike swoosh) were; also just a swoosh instead of the #2 (or 4)...
286169430669e3c8f965ce0313e7061d126c91d6.JPG

Note the frosted air bubble. Too small to play ball in, and kinda difficult to rock well. Still nice...
9c116843006be0c0f2dd049f31845a38bacd0ed6.JPG

Originally Posted by natone

in b4 someone calls

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif