Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Not yet but I have two to do because I want wearable pairs. If you use his method ( cutting) you can take the bottom off all One piece in theory but you sacrifice the upper of the donor, unless you are a samurai surgeon with that knife. If you use another method like hot water and a heat gun you run the risk of breaking it apart, the sole is quite thin near the mudguard and another areas. It would be easier to stick a 97 sole on there. What he does not show is lining up the upper with the sole and clamping it. The whole process takes time. I’d use this method for clamping/gluing. It’s all love

i have always been scared of boiling or using hot water on the tn's to separate them, not sure how it will effect the other materials like the glue on the veins or how it effects the air unit. but then again i dont want to ruin an upper if it can be used for another project.

Speaking of if anybody had any doner soles or cheap tn's with good sole and upper in whatever condition im looking for size us 10.5 mainly! also 11us wmns for another project

5447584B-9360-49E8-AC63-29FED21B847D.jpeg
Saw this on IG, wasn’t sure if this mashup had been posted yet

Well I know my 05 greys held up pretty good after I put them through hell lol they weren't crumbling at all. The plastic toe part warped so I gave up on restoring them. But the soles were fine
Do you think the sole would stay in one piece if you poured boiling water in side them, sprayed them with a heat gun and then literally try to yank the upper away from the shoe, my bet is the midsole foam is going to break away on the sides at the peak of the side shank park and just below the front mud guard in the thin area.

Was it the heat that did the plastic toe piece in? I don't know if it's where I live or what but I don't have any to do, yet, but it's something in interested in. The 97 sole would be hard it seems because of the one piece air bag compared to an am1 sole, which is mainly foam. unseen unseen how you doing my guy?!
Well I know my 05 greys held up pretty good after I put them through hell lol they weren't crumbling at all. The plastic toe part warped so I gave up on restoring them. But the soles were fine

i have always been scared of boiling or using hot water on the tn's to separate them, not sure how it will effect the other materials like the glue on the veins or how it effects the air unit. but then again i dont want to ruin an upper if it can be used for another project.

Speaking of if anybody had any doner soles or cheap tn's with good sole and upper in whatever condition im looking for size us 10.5 mainly! also 11us wmns for another project
I agree to have a salvageable Tn midsole for projects, the heat up of the glue treatment is not the best method, the sole is too fragile and your right I didn’t even think of the other pieces on the upper. You should be able to save the upper by cutting.

Man, I just realized this thread is getting back to where the am1 thread was before the anniversary releases. Which is a good thing. Bunch of dudes talking about a shoe and helping each other. Hope it keeps up, fellas!

The veins on my wolf greys were coming loose on a couple of tiny spots, so I can definantly vouch for those coming off with heat. I took a razor blade with a little bit of super glue and slid it underneath, held them down and they were and have been good.

Why would I even do that to an older pair ? Most people wouldnt use an older shoe (sole) for a sole swap. We get a fairly new donor (sole) and put it with an older upper if it's still in decent shape.

migu420 migu420 nah it warped cause I put too much heat on them. I was sippin at the time lol

Yup, it's usually the midsole that fails, I read somewhere polyurethane has a 10 to 15 year shelflife. It goes through a process called hydrolysis, which is what makes the pu breakdown and crumble. If I was a molecular physicist I could probably describe it better and would work on a way to reverse it. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
Wow, it looks like because where I live is cold and dry as opposed to hot and humid has a role to play in the process. I think a lot of us realized it was moisture causing the breakdown of polyurethane, but maybe science can help us preserve our old sneakers! On my Bill Nuy today, my bad.

picture-1016.png picture-712-1024x593.png
i did some googling and found out that the code belongs to this OG cw

Wholly crap!!! I received shoes in the wrong box...lol. I never knew this until now. I was doing the same a few minutes ago (researching through Eastbay archive pages). Never seen the style code on that box for the Hyper blue cw.

Dag a unloved mystery that was solve without even knowing it needed to be solve hahaha. Thanks bro. Both seemed to have released in 99. Wondered how this happened?

Wow... This thread has been moving with a lot of great pics and info.... I have my own little piece of history from the 1999 OG's. I found what was left of my Air Max Plus from 20 years ago. This was at my mom's house in my old dresser draw. I still had the old pic (20 years old as well ) that I took of them back then. Funny because I didn't know I was in a 9 back then haha..

20181110_231737.jpg
20181110_232300.jpg
My God these are beautiful..I see pics like this and see what the Older heads mean when they talk about quality

My passion for Tn goes beyond the fact that i wore them in 1999. I love this air max!!! As a youngin back in the day, I actually drew shoes for a past time hobby. I actually came up with my own renditions of what the next iteration of Tn Air could possible evolve into. I many many designs of Air Max, Tn Air, Jordans, and Nike Shox...

This is the first time I've ever shown my drawings. This pic is 19 years old.

PicsArt_11-11-05.20.49.jpg

Happy with mine tbh, would like another pair with that 25% disco on NDC eu but looks like the code won’t work on the OGs anymore, only a small bit of glue on the rear air unit but other then that all good, shape is also good for someone with fairly big feet uk10.5/us11.5

If they hit discount I’ll return the “worst” of the two and keep the disco pair to go with my 14s

Not sure if Tigers/Purps will go the same way hopefully they can be had on discount too

5F56BE90-6FD1-46E5-9005-FAC4CE29FAF7.jpeg
2FD99C70-E11C-4B83-95BD-AE870088ED9C.jpeg
168DA2DC-926B-429B-BC53-24384FC8EA0C.jpeg
DA1AAFB7-5E8E-43C0-A03A-E8E98C073B77.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom