Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Been sleeping on tracking this release. Anyone able to fill me in on the US release details for the tigers and purples? What are the options?

what i am looking at, your dog bite an chunk out of your shoe ?
because thats what the white part is looking like
no I do not return them for the moment, I will however prevent nike so that they open a return for defects, IRL we see nothing, there we see because it is a macro photo with the right angle, and if it comes off I send back but i do not buy another pair
Ah ok, I would dash them in the garage and let whatever you stepped in dry off, then scrape it off and disinfect them, that's just me I'm OCD about that sort of stuff. Plus put the dog on half rations for a week for the trouble its caused...

Last edited:
Ah ok, I would dash them in the garage and let whatever you stepped in dry off, then scrape it off and disinfect them, that's just me I'm OCD about that sort of stuff.

outsole is clean, already cleaned them yesterday :wink: lol

yes i'm sure, it's midsole separation of the toe cap (and honestly i can easily reglue them with the right glue)

I think nike owes me a voucher code!

otherwise perso I have never really like the orange TNs (am I the only one?), orange sneakers are just not for me :/ (but if you like the orange and that you can get them i'm happy for you, personaly for this twentieth anniversary a single pair is enough for me: the blue. I'm not a collector and I already have more shoes than I need for the next 10/15 years, me since always my pleasure is to wear them, everyone his thing :wink: as long as we take pleasure it's perfect! now i want one good AM90 infrared/laser blue anniversary :tongue: )

Last edited:
AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE a collector for me keep a big part of their pair DS, i wear all my shoes, but yes i'm also a collector it's right :wink: but my pleasure is to wear them, not to stock in box or display (it's a little bit different imo), i'm here because i like Air Max sneakers quite simply, and is the place to be when you like Air Max lol

a collector can also buy old pairs/limited pairs at crazy prices, me not, but yes you're right i'm a little collector :wink: (but i consider myself more like a "Air Max lover", the collection does not interest me specifically)

timetowearthese timetowearthese you see, with different angle wee see nothing :wink:
SAM_6856.JPG

Last edited:
outsole is clean, already cleaned them yesterday :wink: lol

yes i'm sure, it's midsole separation of the toe cap (and honestly i can easily reglue them with the right glue)

I think nike owes me a voucher code!

otherwise perso I have never really like the orange TNs (am I the only one?), orange sneakers are just not for me :/ (but if you like the orange and that you can get them i'm happy for you, personaly for this twentieth anniversary a single pair is enough for me: the blue. I'm not a collector and I already have more shoes than I need for the next 10/15 years, me since always my pleasure is to wear them, everyone his thing :wink: as long as we take pleasure it's perfect! now i want one good AM90 infrared/laser blue anniversary :tongue: )
Nah I'm a big fan of both OG colorways. I collect pairs that I love grails only, I double up and wear one then restock when the next release comes around. My little brother is the same size as me so he inherits all my non grail beaters and sometimes NDS shoes, which means I can keep my collection lean and open up some vintage goodness each year and so it goes on.

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE a collector for me keep a big part of their pair DS, i wear all my shoes, but yes i'm also a collector it's right :wink: but my pleasure is to wear them, not to stock in box (it's a little bit different imo), i'm here because i like Air Max sneakers quite simply, and is the place to be when you like Air Max lol

a collector can also buy old pairs/limited pairs at crazy prices, me not, but yes you're right i'm a little collector :wink: (but i consider myself more like a "Air Max lover", the collection does not interest me specifically)

timetowearthese timetowearthese you see, with different angle wee see nothing :wink:
SAM_6856.JPG
Honestly does not loop like sole separation. looks like a chunks missing, are you sure that dog has not been chowing down on the shoe?

Does anyone know if they made the white paint on the midsoles different this release? Because my 2013 pairs rubbed off way too easy.

With all these small flaws on this release I might just skip them spend my money elsewhere. Could use a new pair of jeans as well.

Yeah apparently they didn't do anything like remastering/refining at all. They're just hyperblues following today's AMP quality standards, which we all know have sunk quite deep.
They did in a way, the stitching on the upper is neater than the 13 and the OG, the veins on the toe box only are more defined and closer to OG than the 13 (the 13 toe box veins are messy). The black tube edge material around the lace hole area is better than the 13 and like the OG, and there is an improvement on the mudguard over the 13 which is now like the OG. Last pro is the the swoosh on the 18 is duller than the 13 and the OG swoosh is also dull.

The color is obviously very different on the 18 as are the air units color, and the upper sits on the midsole a little too level making the shoe look higher than all the previous versions. We lost the nubuck also but the nubuck on the 13 was a cheaper version than the OG which is much nicer.

Finally the veins on the side are too wide and the shank is now plain blue, bear in mind although the shank on the 13 has glitter, the OG does not have glitter, it has multiple layers to the shank piece with sort of reflective net or matrix beneath the surface. There are pros and cons. Each release is different, this release is not ideal but it is by no means bad. I personally wouldn’t double up on these though.

Last edited:
So Caspers came out again in Australia today, as the og retros are made in Vietnam, any word of TNs from now on being manufactured in Vietnam as well?
I ask due to the fact that the shape reminds me of Vietnam made pairs on the FL photos (outer mudguard thin, toecap not as squared off, wider front part of midsole) - https://www.footlocker.com.au/en/p/nike-tuned-1-men-shoes-45393?v=244207179904
All AM1 pairs are made with the "new old" shape now, so I hope this could be the same for TNs.

any idea of these or any of the trio color ways would go on sale. do these og hyper blue air max plus fit like the 2014 or the recent airmass if so half a size up for me

Back
Top Bottom