Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Couldn't resist remind me of the Hate Am plus from a few years back that I could never get. No regrets paying $160 either since they pretty much sold out money well spent.
Released in large sizes at first on U.S sites but are out now in a full size run , copped mine

Nike Air Max Plus Tn 'Collegian Carbon'
312292-010
20191109_124106.jpg

20191109_121844.jpg

20191109_124428.jpg

Ghost greens arrived today and If I'm being honest, I'm a little disappointed. Looked a bit better in photos than in Person. Maybe its because I'm biased against white based colorways. I love the green fade but can't help looking at them thinking how much better they'd have been with a black base ie Hypers. I'm a sucker for green kicks and they'll see rotation come spring/summer, but I'm really glad I held off on doubling up.

In regards to why they were "recalled", my assumption is it's got to do with the gradient fade. It's not incredibly noticeable in photos, but in person there's a solid green line right down the center where the fade starts. It's like their textile supplier didn't blend the fade into the material properly. I took multiple pics to try to show what I'm talking about, but it's really difficult to capture on camera. No other gradient TNs I've owned have had this issue, so it's my best guess as to why they never got a proper wide spread retail release. I don't buy the narrative that Nike was testing the waters with colorways. They release **** heaps of absolutley awful TN colorways every year to no end. There's no reason they wouldn't have dropped these in a wide spread release unless they thought there was some level of a QC issue.
20191116_212709.jpg

Ghost greens arrived today and If I'm being honest, I'm a little disappointed. Looked a bit better in photos than in Person. Maybe its because I'm biased against white based colorways. I love the green fade but can't help looking at them thinking how much better they'd have been with a black base ie Hypers. I'm a sucker for green kicks and they'll see rotation come spring/summer, but I'm really glad I held off on doubling up.

In regards to why they were "recalled", my assumption is it's got to do with the gradient fade. It's not incredibly noticeable in photos, but in person there's a solid green line right down the center where the fade starts. It's like their textile supplier didn't blend the fade into the material properly. I took multiple pics to try to show what I'm talking about, but it's really difficult to capture on camera. No other gradient TNs I've owned have had this issue, so it's my best guess as to why they never got a proper wide spread retail release. I don't buy the narrative that Nike was testing the waters with colorways. They release **** heaps of absolutley awful TN colorways every year to no end. There's no reason they wouldn't have dropped these in a wide spread release unless they thought there was some level of a QC issue.
20191116_212709.jpg
One of my favorite pick ups of the year

Back
Top Bottom