Nike Air Max Plus Thread

383276393758195713.png

no, this shoe is more for the lower class people (no offence), TNs dont have the same appeal as AM1s, the image from people wearing TNs is more ruff and get associated with crime and vandalism especially in france and the UK, go google roadmen or racaille and you will see what i mean
I would argue that this was the case from 2001 to 2011. The shoes availability coincided with the peak of street culture and home grown music in Europe. I would say that the Air Max 1 has never had that problem because 1. The youth of that era were not interested in the shoe at that time due to the availability of more modern tech in shoes and the air max 1 was really from a previous generation. The youth in the UK go through fads the Air Max 1 and the 97 have both recently had their turn of their fair share on being on burglars and gypsy feet believe. But saying that what is the class system! I think we just have sections of society that behave differently, it is our morals and the way we conduct ourselves as individuals that counts. You can come from a poor family and neighbourhood and be the richest man in this planet not just by having a large bank account but by being a decent human being. The air max plus will now have largely have shaken off that stigma but it will now have its turn to be the next fad for the youth. It depends how you define class, if it’s by money then you have demographics wearing Italian and French designer sneakers but that does not mean they do not commit crime or their parents did not or that they are classy people. I think it depends how you wear the Air max plus, they can look good with chinos and a short sleeve shirt, we don’t have to be wearing skull moulded caps and tracksuits. I understand your point I just think it has shaken off some of that stigma now.

Last edited:
yes the image tends to change little by little it's right, but the "TN" stay the "TN" (the wicked shark), whatever one says, it will remain forever associated with those who wore it at the beginning... like AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE say, "racaille" (after one country to another it changes)

but yes they can look really good and very classy, with a nice blue denim the hyper blue match very well!

I am very excited to have it again 20 years later :smile: (pics looking good imo), nostalgia...

Last edited:
yes the image tends to change little by little it's right, but the "TN" stay the "TN" (the wicked shark), whatever one says, it will remain forever associated with those who wore it at the beginning... like AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE say, "racaille" (after one country to another it changes)

but yes they can look really good/very classy, with a nice blue denim the hyper blue match very well!
I don’t agree, I was walking through Copenhagen airport last week and saw this tall sophisticated brunette, dressed in black tastefully and she had triple black AMP on feet. I think we remember the TN for its association with gang culture in the 2000s in Europe from all ethnicities. But the outside world forget, have forgotten and will forget. If I walk down to my local shopping mall wearing them, I’m not going to be looked at like some kind of trouble maker, the old grandma don’t know what the hell they are, and neither does the middle aged woman or man. People forget and move on. Biker jackets used to me worn by bike gangs only in the 60s and 70s, 30 years later they are seen as acceptable fashion. It’s all in our minds

yes you are not wrong, lot of different people now wear TN, it's not like before it's clear, like you say It’s all in our minds, but in France his image was and stay very strong, even with young people, after all everything depends on how she is worn

edit: in 1996 I toured the Danmark, copenhagen and his little mermaid with in the background the big factories with chimneys that smoke lol, school trip, mc Hammer in my walkman lol

Those that have the 2018 pairs in hand are they running TTS or should I go up .5 size like 97s & 98s?

good question, imo with your TTS it shoulb be nice, but good question...

Last edited:
Whew...thankfully TNs aren’t associated with low class people in the states. Was getting worried there....
There are so many different cultures of Europeans, it’s way too complicated.
Unicorns for my daughter!!
She tried y'all, lol. She took a decent pic.
20181108_082028.jpg
those are awesome! She did a good job man! I can’t find this in the UK I want to get these for my little girl too. Hope they release soon.

yes you are not wrong, lot of different people now wear TN, it's not like before it's clear, like you say It’s all in our minds, but in France his image was and stay very strong, even with young people, after all everything depends on how she is worn

edit: in 1996 I toured the Danmark, copenhagen and his little mermaid with in the background the big factories with chimneys that smoke lol, school trip, mc Hammer in my walkman lol

good question, imo with your TTS it shoulb be nice, but good question...
Haha I watched a few French hip hop amateur videos from the 2000s the other day, a lot of the kids were wearing TNs. I understand your point, probobly fair to say that French society has been less forgiving!

Copenhagen is so expensive it’s ridiculous, I hear the people there are some of the happiest on earth though.

There are so many different cultures of Europeans, it’s way too complicated.
I went to see Justin Timberlake in concert a few months ago and his dancers were all wearing tn's.
And French artists Christine and the Queens were also wearing them on TV recently.

no, this shoe is more for the lower class people (no offence), TNs dont have the same appeal as AM1s, the image from people wearing TNs is more ruff and get associated with crime and vandalism especially in france and the UK, go google roadmen or racaille and you will see what i mean

Interesting.

there is also a very strange trend in the UK where typically gay men take pictures doing weird things to their TNs. it almost sounds like im making this stuff up but its real and pretty disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom