Nike Air Max Plus Thread

it is true that they did a better job on the orange color than on the blue ones, it is closer to the OG model than the blue... this is a good thing! and imo the silver 3M & the clear toe cap it's cool...

otherwise
Got my pair yesterday, ended up getting a second pair. Definitely one of my favorite air maxes glad I didn't have have to drop $300+ on the 13' pair. Here's some comparison pics from the 99 pair, the color/fade seems pretty close to the original and one thing I noticed that wasn't mentioned is the veins on the 18' pair are flat where the ogs buldged out a little bit and theres 5 circles on the outsole vs the 4 on the ogs. Not griping just wanted to share.
0419253C-554D-4394-BFAE-268EFBC20C72.jpeg

6FE11F48-2712-4A65-8EC8-53C62485E99E.jpeg

CEB8CB92-D080-4FE6-A123-BC833938E7A6.jpeg

F6179844-EE6C-49C2-BE04-C7D21C569952.jpeg

14FEBB57-47BB-420B-84A3-4BDB6A1BD6B5.jpeg
050E2CFA-4953-473D-89CF-22F970875FE3.jpeg

BD936CE5-3894-4F8C-BA03-6FD1FE801201.jpeg

you bought two 2018 orange, and one have on the outsole 5 circles and the other 4 circles but reassure me they have different sizes the two pairs? I think yes (on your first picture we see that the left 2018 pair has 5 circles and the right 2018 pair has 4 circles, but if it's for you why buy two different sizes? just I ask myself the question)

PS: nice pics bro :wink:

it is true that they did a better job on the orange color than on the blue ones, it is closer to the OG model than the blue... this is a good thing! and imo the silver 3M & the clear toe cap it's cool...

otherwise

you bought two 2018 orange, and one have 5 circles and the other 4 circles but reassure me they have different sizes the two pairs? I think yes (on your first picture we see that the left 2018 pair has 5 circles and the right 2018 pair has 4 circles, but if it's for you why buy two different sizes? just I ask myself the question)

The one with the 4 circles is the older pair not the 2018

The one with the 4 circles is the older pair not the 2018

look at the first picture, the one on the left and the one on the right are the pairs of 2018 (look the veins, no doubt about that), the one of the center is the old pair the OG and yes you're right 4 circle for her, like for the 2018 pair on the right (we see it) so I'm right too the two pairs of 2018 have different sizes that's why the number of circles is different, but i ask myself why buy two different sizes for the same person, the left pair is bigger than the other two (of course we know that from a certain size the outsole have 5 circles nothing new about that)

Last edited:

otherwise

you bought two 2018 orange, and one have on the outsole 5 circles and the other 4 circles but reassure me they have different sizes the two pairs? I think yes (on your first picture we see that the left 2018 pair has 5 circles and the right 2018 pair has 4 circles, but if it's for you why buy two different sizes? just I ask myself the question)

3 dudes who don't like the shoe, reviewing it. One of whom purchased them :lol: . That there says all it needs to about it's relevance or "retro-worthiness"

I really have to question how out of touch some of these dudes are when they mentioned "who's buying TNs". This shoes probably had the single longest run of any shoe I can think of next to the AF1. It's questionable even calling AMPs a retro, considering they've released every single year consistently since their debut. Even the AF1 had a hiatus from the mid 80s until they re-released in the early 90s.

As for the quality concerns. My biggest gripe is the lack of padding found inside on all other TNs. Things like glue stains or imperfections in the paint are commonplace on mass produced sneakers and have been an issue since 98. Clear toe-cap models have always been prone to glue showing, especially around the stitching.

59141452a33bcda60fd6d22a9188d9a4.jpg

I would have liked to see a brighter yellow, but I'll live. I'm surprised nobody brought up the thicker embossed veins. To me, that's a much bigger cosmetic change.
Bouncy foam padding on the OGs makes a lot of difference.

grrr cool laces come with these Greedy and not with the OG ^^

on this picture these Greedy have really a thick mudguard, I find really less pretty the TN pairs that have a thick mudguard (but that's the lottery, some have and some do not)

Yeah it is alil annoying but I guess they figured it’s technically not Og and of course being cheap . But I would just switch them out with your 13’ pair if you have them. I wanted to at first but I ended up not minding the plain lace tips somewhere down the line I’ll switch them out for my 13 pair.

Called my ftl guy, who thought they had purps but he said it was just another fsr of the tigers. He said he’s expecting a shipment next week.

Back
Top Bottom