Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

Kind of doubt it’ll be the same day as those other ones. At least I hope not.
MAN. I honestly can’t believe this. I roll my eyes at no red airbag and the extra black piece on the toe but it’s almost whatever. What I can’t believe is, just when I thought I was done till black/red11s—unless something I’ve waited years for makes a shock return out of nowhere ... boom, it happens. Again. Sometimes I feel like Nike is spying on me Alexa-style. These could’ve dropped at any point for years. The fact they drop now, when I need to spend more on sneakers like I need a lobotomy ... it’s uncanny. But these are a first-day buy for me. I’m happy and disgusted at the same time LOL

Last edited:
Yeeeeah Boi. Now I can toss my white/blue pair from like 03, I want to say. I wasn't in the mood to fix them. Now, if they can get the ball rolling on the 97 pair, we'd be in business. Are they dropping soon?

Wouldn’t do that just yet.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess Nike hasn’t improved the cushioning from the last release. If that’s the case (I want to be wrong; I do) then your ‘03 pair is fifty-eleven Times more comfortable than these, whenever they drop.

Please let me be wrong Nike :emoji_disappointed:

I’m hoping these will have even just a little bit more cushion than the last release. They were such bricks but I like the shoe.

Wouldn’t do that just yet.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess Nike hasn’t improved the cushioning from the last release. If that’s the case (I want to be wrong; I do) then your ‘03 pair is fifty-eleven Times more comfortable than these, whenever they drop.

Please let me be wrong Nike :emoji_disappointed:

Yeah, you're right. I'd probably be slow to toss them anyway. The air unit is foggy and they are just starting to separate, but they are one of the most comfortable pairs I own. I'll hold off.

I don't expect these to be comfortable in terms of cushioning. My 2011 white/teal OG colorway has no bounce to it, but at the same time they don't hurt my feet or anything. Will get and rock these solely for the look. Sad but that's the way it has been with these. But it's not like they are any less comfortable than wearing some Chucks or Puma Suedes etc. Still wondering if it's possible I'll have these by this time next weekend.

I love these kicks but like you guys said, the retros are just bricks and they have always been bulky. They are soo nice lookin though.

You know they don’t want to make retros exactly the same..... kind of a shout out to the collectors of the originals. So they make little changes sometimes.

I'm sure the answer is no but does anyone have any info on what day these release?

via us11
D438D4IU0AEYx9l.jpg:large

D438F9LVUAEYf9i.jpg:large

i was just gonna mention that lol
The Bulls colorway is so sick, it almost doesn't matter that they modified it a bit. I'm still on it the second they drop. I wish it was today. I am far more jacked for these than I was for the BC IVs LOL.
But effing Nike, man. I can just see some clowns sitting down in Beaverton and saying, hey, how can we piss off the diehards this time after 23 years? Oh, I know, how about we make the airbag white, and while we're at it, put a piece of black nubuck on the toe for no good reason? Sound good? Hell yeah, done. I mean, WHAT IS THE PURPOSE of even making those two changes? WHY???? I could never get these back in the day just because I never saw this colorway for sale anywhere in Michigan where I lived. I know they sold them in Chicago. I have been waiting 23 years for this shoe, but nope, just can't have it exactly like the pair Pip wore. It's LUDICROUS.

Definitely here for these. Would love if they release the white/black/teal though that was the first colorway I saw of this shoe and I been in love ever since but that pip og cw is cool also wouldn’t mind having those either.

Many forget but there was a limited retro of the Bulls and Teal colorway, around late 2000/2001, but I think it was an Athlete's Foot Store exclusive. I tried to cop in 2001 but they didn't have my size, went to a few stores and only had smaller sizes.

I know the Bulls retro this year looks different but hell I'll take it. I'm more pissed about the ridiculous small air bags, that's my main issues with all the retro's.

Many forget but there was a limited retro of the Bulls and Teal colorway, around late 2000/2001, but I think it was an Athlete's Foot Store exclusive. I tried to cop in 2001 but they didn't have my size, went to a few stores and only had smaller sizes.

I know the Bulls retro this year looks different but hell I'll take it. I'm more pissed about the ridiculous small air bags, that's my main issues with all the retro's.
You are correct it was retro’d back in 2000-2001 along with the Olympic colorway, I purchased the Olympic colorway from an athletes foot. I wish the bulls version would have had the red air bag, but still will purchase as soon as I see them in store!

Definitely here for these. Would love if they release the white/black/teal though that was the first colorway I saw of this shoe and I been in love ever since but that pip og cw is cool also wouldn’t mind having those either.
You do know they retroed those in 2011 and 2015? I just sold a pair of the 2011s on StockX for $200. I was pretty surprised someone would pay that at this point. Still have one pair in great shape except the lace elastic pieces tend to yellow. I was able to remove most of it with magic eraser a year or so ago, but it's come back again. Gonna try again before I wear them any more. But hey, they're 8 years old at this point.

I'm all for the "shout out to the OG collectors" theory with these stupid small changes but.....at this point how many people are sitting on DS OG Uptempo 95s in this world? :lol: >D
That whole notion was always stupid as hell. No one is sitting on mint pairs of these at this point, and if three people are, they are unwearable. So WTF.

The non red bubble doesn't really bother me honestly.

I think I actually prefer it.
It's more toned down
A younger me would have liked the red but now I want something more subtle.

9696b502b1ebc7cd30c61f33c1e0ee74.jpg

20190419081525.jpg
Yeah, neither change is necessarily a bad one, it's just the principle. I'm still super pumped to get these. Wish NDC would just drop them already. Stores, too. I want to wear them this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom