Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

i havent ran in the ultimates yet, started with the 37s of the three, not sure if i should run consecutively in each shoes or rotate through the three shoes and judge em that way

the havocs in my rotation and use them every other day and the 37s almost feels like a takedown, it may have been a mistake to get the womens with lower psi as it made it felt more mushy but i took the advice thats it better for lighter runners, will give it a few runs and tests as my feet might have adapted the more bouncy forefoot zoom

or maybe i just expected much, much more...

we shall see

8990AE94-5131-48A2-88CB-31B6C5471015.jpeg

5B93D110-199E-486D-8443-CF1AB85B6063.jpeg

looks like zoomx doesn’t extend beyond the medial heel? for stability?

Damn, my hopes were/are high for the Peg37s... Two of my favorite shoes from the past to run in were equipped with FF Zoom; ZE8 and FKRs. I imagined the Peg37s would blow those out of the water.

Last edited:
Damn, my hopes were/are high for the Peg37s... Two of my favorite shoes from the past to run in were equipped with FF Zoom; ZE8 and FKRs. I imagined the Peg37s would blow those out of the water.
I wear the men’s version of the Peg 37 and have been very happy with them. It’s a versatile shoe that handles a variety of paces well. I would say that this is the best version of the Peg; however, the shoe won’t blow you away like the first time you run in the VF. If you have reasonable expectations, I think you’ll appreciate the shoes for what they are.

I ran in the ZE8 a few years back and coincidentially pulled out my old pair the other day. Between these two, I would pick the Peg 37 for running.

I didn’t run too much in the FKR. I might have run a half marathon and a marathon in them. I thought the ride was too harsh so I went to the Lunaracer/Lunar Tempo at the time. It would be hard to compare the FKR to the Peg 37 since they’re pretty different shoes but I would prefer the Peg 37.

Last edited:
8990AE94-5131-48A2-88CB-31B6C5471015.jpeg

5B93D110-199E-486D-8443-CF1AB85B6063.jpeg

looks like zoomx doesn’t extend beyond the medial heel? for stability?
Are you thinking the grey/silver top line is ZoomX and the remaining area of the midsole is React?

I thought it was mentioned in this thread that the forefoot area was ZoomX and the heel was React similar to the Tempo Next%.

i havent ran in the ultimates yet, started with the 37s of the three, not sure if i should run consecutively in each shoes or rotate through the three shoes and judge em that way

the havocs in my rotation and use them every other day and the 37s almost feels like a takedown, it may have been a mistake to get the womens with lower psi as it made it felt more mushy but i took the advice thats it better for lighter runners, will give it a few runs and tests as my feet might have adapted the more bouncy forefoot zoom

or maybe i just expected much, much more...

we shall see

only wow factor i got trying a daily trainer recently was the novablast. just a fun ride in general but can be too unstable for some. For pegs i just expect a solid workhorse.

only wow factor i got trying a daily trainer recently was the novablast. just a fun ride in general but can be too unstable for some. For pegs i just expect a solid workhorse.
same issue I had with the pegasus 37. Not a bad shoe but after running in the saucony triumph 17 and Asics Novablast the Peg 37 was not impressive to me. For a daily trainer if you have a Nike Bias go for the 37 they are great. If your looking for the best available daily trainer and willing to the try other brands, you may be underwhelmed by the pegasus 37.

Also don’t rely on Footlocker and Finishline to get running shoes. They don’t have a large selection of other brands. Go to a running shoe store!

I am patiently waiting for the saucony endorphin Pro, Speed, and Shift to release!

same issue I had with the pegasus 37. Not a bad shoe but after running in the saucony triumph 17 and Asics Novablast the Peg 37 was not impressive to me. For a daily trainer if you have a Nike Bias go for the 37 they are great. If your looking for the best available daily trainer and willing to the try other brands, you may be underwhelmed by the pegasus 37.

Also don’t rely on Footlocker and Finishline to get running shoes. They don’t have a large selection of other brands. Go to a running shoe store!

I am patiently waiting for the saucony endorphin Pro, Speed, and Shift to release!

pros have been out! haven’t tried them out but am looking more forward to the speed and shift!

regard the peg 37, i feel like there’s a high expectation of them being super amazing. not saying they shouldn’t be, but the peg line for me has just always been more of a daily trainer that gets the job done

I’ve been eyeing the triumph and novablast as my daily but I haven’t had the opportunity to try either of them.

waiting for the novablast to go on sale, hopefully soon

i am surprised hokas do not go on sale often, at least the rincons hasn’t, got one for retail and looking to get a second pair when it goes on sale but in about 8-10 months, ive seen it go on sale once with leftover sizes

i am surprised hokas do not go on sale often, at least the rincons hasn’t, got one for retail and looking to get a second pair when it goes on sale but in about 8-10 months, ive seen it go on sale once with leftover sizes

keep an eye on the footsites for the novablast, just got my pair for $100 after tax and end has the clifton 6 on sale with the VIPSALE code right now if you wanted to try them out or you can wait for the new 7s/rincon 2 to release and get the older models on sale

Novablast more firm than Clifton 6s? (I find them a bit too mushy)
Haven't tried the Clifton 6 (only Hokas I've used so far are the Carbon X and Rincon), but the Novablast is more soft bouncy than soft mushy. You don't sink into the foam like I've heard happens with the Clifton and Bondi series.

The Rincon 2 drops soon (I think August 1), so you may be seeing Rincon 1 prices dropping soon.

I’ve been eyeing the triumph and novablast as my daily but I haven’t had the opportunity to try either of them.
The T17 is very comfortable as a daily trainer and will save your feet on longer runs. But the tradeoff for that plush upper is that they run warm, which means I probably won't be wearing them much for the next 2-3 months!

As others have said, if you don't have pronation issues, the Novablast should be a great choice for a daily. The ride is very fun. Unfortunately, I overpronate and the midsole design seems to accentuate it moreso than other neutral shoes, including similarly stacked ones. So I ended up giving mine away--but the recipient loves them.

The Rincon 2 drops soon (I think August 1), so you may be seeing Rincon 1 prices dropping soon.

been waiting since all the reviews are saying theres very little to no change, just insane that reviews for em has been out since march

been waiting since all the reviews are saying theres very little to no change, just insane that reviews for em has been out since march
Yeah. The upper is slightly different/better. Same with the Carbon X-SPE. But I think the release dates were known pre-Corona so it's unclear why they sent them to reviewers so early; it probably led to people holding off on buying the 1s. On the other hand, with the Clifton Edge (which I'm looking forward to trying), which is supposed to release in 2 weeks, they had a moratorium on reviews until May.

keep an eye on the footsites for the novablast, just got my pair for $100 after tax and end has the clifton 6 on sale with the VIPSALE code right now if you wanted to try them out or you can wait for the new 7s/rincon 2 to release and get the older models on sale

how’d you size on the novablast?

also, i enjoyed my run on the infinity react despite the somewhat sloppy fit, gon need a few more runs to see which i prefer

i do think i prfer the bouncier feel so i think a mens in the 37s would be a better comparison so i might have to send my pair in and switch

if i could have the 37 upper and the infinity react midsole though... it would be great because i think 37s upper fit really well

D38D9EDE-5387-4015-BB5F-97FD3DD228EF.jpeg

also, i enjoyed my run on the infinity react despite the somewhat sloppy fit, gon need a few more runs to see which i prefer

i do think i prfer the bouncier feel so i think a mens in the 37s would be a better comparison so i might have to send my pair in and switch

if i could have the 37 upper and the infinity react midsole though... it would be great because i think 37s upper fit really well

You technically can do sole swap between the two.

You technically can do sole swap between the two.

yah but im not about sending extra $$$ for that, wait a few months and it might achieve the fit i am looking for if its attached too low or it doesnt work with the midsole height and what not

in other words im really just too cheap :lol:

Back
Top Bottom