Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Has anybody worn the Turbos on runs 20K or longer? If so, got any feedback?

I've done probably 10 runs in them that were between 12 to 23.5 miles. I've actually done my long run in them the last 5 weeks, and my long runs are 2.5 hrs averaging between 6:20 to 6:40 mpm for the whole run, but getting down to 6:00 mpm toward the end, which usually comes out to be around 23'ish miles in total. One of those long runs was on a combination of trail and asphalt, one was on the treadmill, and the rest were all exclusively on asphalt. They feel really good. The cushioning gives good protection and they grip the trail well too. Probably the only issue I've had was that two weeks ago it was really humid and I rubbed a fairly nasty blister on the outside of my left pinky toe due to the upper chaffing on it. Otherwise they've been pretty comfortable and work well for long runs. There is always the caveat that if I was wearing VF on these runs, I'd probably be working a little less to run fast.

Edit: Also, I've tried wearing them on slower medium long runs (12-15 miles at 7-8mpm). I like them for that if I'm on the trail. If I'm running on pavement or ashpalt, I prefer Epic React.

Last edited:
I've done probably 10 runs in them that were between 12 to 23.5 miles. I've actually done my long run in them the last 5 weeks, and my long runs are 2.5 hrs averaging between 6:20 to 6:40 mpm for the whole run, but getting down to 6:00 mpm toward the end, which usually comes out to be around 23'ish miles in total. One of those long runs was on a combination of trail and asphalt, one was on the treadmill, and the rest were all exclusively on asphalt. They feel really good. The cushioning gives good protection and they grip the trail well too. Probably the only issue I've had was that two weeks ago it was really humid and I rubbed a fairly nasty blister on the outside of my left pinky toe due to the upper chaffing on it. Otherwise they've been pretty comfortable and work well for long runs. There is always the caveat that if I was wearing VF on these runs, I'd probably be working a little less to run fast.

Edit: Also, I've tried wearing them on slower medium long runs (12-15 miles at 7-8mpm). I like them for that if I'm on the trail. If I'm running on pavement or ashpalt, I prefer Epic React.
Thanks, I’ve got a moderate pace 18 mi. tomorrow and I’ll give it go.

Last edited:
deterioration isn't as bad if your a forefoot striker

lifespan decrease if you heel strike

Hold up, you’re getting that much mileage out of the VF? I thought they’re dependability supposedly drops after 150 mi. or so? I mean, I’ve 60K on my pair and I’ve feared training in them too much. I’m an idiot.

I've been setting my bright crimson pair aside for racing. The rest of them are for training, and yeah, I've been getting really good mileage out of them. My Ice Blue pair has 669 miles and I'm still pulling them out. That's the most miles I've gotten out of ANY shoe, ever. The only thing is that the rubber near the front and on the sides is starting to wear through and the exposed ZoomX in the middle of the outsole is pretty shredded. I don't think either of those things affects performance though. I haven't lost any lugs or great big chunks of foam which people have been posting on IG. I've worn those on the trail a bunch of times too and that really hasn't affected them much aside from making the upper dirty. The hyper royal pair I wear exclusively on the treadmill and they still almost look brand new after 336 miles.

But the ZoomX doesn’t become pancaked after that much compression?

No, definitely not. Though I weigh 145 lbs and am pretty efficient. There's a noticeable difference between my newer pairs and those, but they still have that distinct ZoomX feel to them

Should I snatch up some of these low price Zoom Flys or just hold out until the ZF2 drops? I've been running in Pegaus Turbos and love them but want something for shorter/faster runs/races.

nike tried to get me with the washed swoosh :lol: atleast it somewhat connects
ED32CF59-5EBB-426F-B3DF-14F5B4C42977.jpeg

FloatRide Run Fast were Runner's World best shoe of the year. The Turbo was a runner up.

I have the Pro and Liquid Floatride. They are great.

Am I the only person on here who really loves the Swoosh design (when itsi actually lined up correctly) and think the Blue Hero is a boring, dad color? No judgement if you like it, I just don't get it

Am I the only person on here who really loves the Swoosh design (when itsi actually lined up correctly) and think the Blue Hero is a boring, dad color? No judgement if you like it, I just don't get it
I like it too but wish the kind of application on the lateral side was like the medial.

Last edited:
Reminder: winners of the Turbocharged Challenge to be contacted by today, Sept. 10 via their Nike Run Club App Inbox.

Back
Top Bottom