Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

IDK about anyone else (I don't follow this thread closely), but I just purchased 2 pairs of the BRS Peg Turbo Next Natures for 60$ with the 20% off on top of the steep discount. Man, good midsole but that is the worst upper I've encountered, maybe ever. I could NOT get my feet into the damn shoes due to the gusseted upper. I thought the AlphaFly were bad in that department but these take the cake. I had to take a scissors and cut the damn tongue apart from the gusseted part. After that, they're good now. Midsole is nice, better than the standard Peg midsoles. I just don't know how Nike thought that the upper on those were ok. I mean I have skinny, narrow feet and true-to-size I could barely get them on out of the box.
I’ve had similar issues with the upper impairs I’ve tried on in the past. I’ve been tempted to buy a pair cheap and cut the tongue. How’d that go? Do you have pics?

Sorry not really sneaker related, but for all my trail/out door runners; Any tips for combating mosquitoes 🦟? Did a 40 minute run/walk this morning and I was swatting more then concentrating on my breathing. Got at least 6 of those lil sobs. I’m trying to stay away from too many chemicals etc but any suggestions are welcomed. Ty in advance

Sorry not really sneaker related, but for all my trail/out door runners; Any tips for combating mosquitoes 🦟? Did a 40 minute run/walk this morning and I was swatting more then concentrating on my breathing. Got at least 6 of those lil sobs. I’m trying to stay away from too many chemicals etc but any suggestions are welcomed. Ty in advance
That's a tough one. If you're avoiding bug spray, then covering up is probably your best bet. Not ideal when running in the heat, though.

FWIW, if you're using bug spray that has 25-20% concentration of DEET, it's pretty safe. Some people can get some toxicity, but that's usually from misuse (e.g. don't over do it, don't eat it, etc.). It's so widespread and has been used for so long that if there were problems, we'd probably know by now. I say this as someone who is also trying to minimize chemical usage (shampoos, PFAS, etc.).

That's a tough one. If you're avoiding bug spray, then covering up is probably your best bet. Not ideal when running in the heat, though.

FWIW, if you're using bug spray that has 25-20% concentration of DEET, it's pretty safe. Some people can get some toxicity, but that's usually from misuse (e.g. don't over do it, don't eat it, etc.). It's so widespread and has been used for so long that if there were problems, we'd probably know by now. I say this as someone who is also trying to minimize chemical usage (shampoos, PFAS, etc.).
Any brands you’d recommend?

Any brands you’d recommend?
Don't have any particular favorites. Cutter, Off, etc. So long as they're in that 25-30% DEET range. Any higher and you want to apply to your clothes, not your skin (but beware because DEET can melt some plastics). A friend who's particularly tick-concerned uses picaridin instead of DEET, which has the advantage of being available in pump bottles rather than spray cans (and it won't melt plastics I think).

Men's CW
nvom17 (1).jpg
nvom17 (2).jpg

nvom17 (3).jpg

Nah I read similar reviews from actual trail runners online so I kinda knew what I was in for. I wonder if it was goretex infinum or one of their other products that it's like the 100% wind/waterproof. I don't have the pamphlet anymore

man, if they stick gore-tex too on top of this as well (like make a gtx version too) with the vibram?? could be a contender for a goat shoe

Meh. Gore-Tex just makes trail shoes hold water in if you actually run outside in them or the membrane fails in any way. I'm just excited to finally have an outsole that won't slip at the slightest hint of dampness or slickness!

Meh. Gore-Tex just makes trail shoes hold water in if you actually run outside in them or the membrane fails in any way. I'm just excited to finally have an outsole that won't slip at the slightest hint of dampness or slickness!
I mostly agree about the GTX if it’s raining or there’s a chance of having to take a dip through a stream, but I actually find it really helpful in snow. I don’t have to worry about it soaking through as it melts since the outside of the upper doesn’t stay wet.

I mostly agree about the GTX if it’s raining or there’s a chance of having to take a dip through a stream, but I actually find it really helpful in snow. I don’t have to worry about it soaking through as it melts since the outside of the upper doesn’t stay wet.
Definitely makes more sense for snow than rain/mud.

Believe in the Run weren’t impressed with the new Vomero even though they hyped it up earlier this year.

Still don’t understand why they went from full length air to full length cushion that will bottom out. Still trying to find 16’s. At least they have air in the forefoot.

Still don’t understand why they went from full length air to full length cushion that will bottom out. Still trying to find 16’s. At least they have air in the forefoot.
I don't know...the front zoom bags they used in the V16 and recent Pegs were kinda annoying. PSI was too high and I could feel the bulge under one or both feet

Back
Top Bottom