Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

https://media-assets.nike.com/en/pi...egasus-trail-5-the-workhorse-for-the-trails-2

pegasus-trail-5-profile-0233.jpeg

The new Nike Pegasus Trail 5 brings the workhorse mentality of the iconic Nike Pegasus to the growing community of trail runners – offering a unique road-to-trail crossover design to any running surface. The fifth iteration of Nike Trail’s most popular shoe brings it all — a smooth ride and transition, with enhanced durability and traction to keep you going no matter where your run takes you.

For many runners who are looking to get on the trails for their daily run, a trailhead doesn’t always exist immediately outside their door. Sometimes their first few kilometers or miles are on a sidewalk or path, on their way to their favorite trail. Sometimes, their run commute to or from the office is a combination of on-road and off-road surfaces. And sometimes – your trail adventure can detour on a different surface for a portion of your route. With the Nike Pegasus Trail, Nike designers solved for this unique crossover dynamic with a shoe that offers both the traction you need on trails, and the smoothness you need on road-like surfaces.

The Nike Pegasus Trail 5 is available beginning in May 2024.

PRODUCT DETAILS

• An updated midsole design featuring Nike ReactX — Nike Running’s latest answer to deliver high-level performance while reducing environmental impact. With this new material in the Peg Trail 5, runners will feel more energy return in the same ride they love about the Peg Trail.

Compared to Nike React foam, ReactX* is engineered to cut down its carbon footprint in a pair of midsoles by at least 43% due to reduced energy in the manufacturing process, and increase energy return by 13%.

The carbon footprint of ReactX is based on cradle-to-gate assessment reviewed by PRé Sustainability B.V and Intertek China. Other midsole components such as airbags, plates or other foam formulations were not considered. Internal note: This disclaimer must be visible in any usage of the carbon footprint reduction claim.

The Pegasus Trail 5 is the second model in the Nike Running line to feature ReactX, following its debut in the Nike InfinityRN 4.

To learn more about ReactX,
visit the Nike Newsroom.

• All-new outsole debuting the Nike Trail All Terrain Compound (ATC) high abrasion rubber for increased traction. This all-new outsole places the hybrid Nike Trail ATC compound where you need it most for directional traction and grip on the trails – including the ride rail, heel pod and forefoot -- while keeping the smooth transition you need on the road.

• An updated midfoot containment system features Flywire cabling locking down the lacing and new midfoot scrim on both the lateral and medial side for additional light-weight support. The Peg Trail 5 remains on the same MR64 last runners know and love from the Peg Trail, offering more room in the forefoot for comfort running in dynamic areas.

• A new engineered mesh upper, offering zonal breathability where you need in most and reinforcements through tighter-knit construction in high-wear zones (big toe, midfoot).

• An updated, stiffer heel pull tab for getting on and off the foot with ease, and for the occasional hang-dry after a wet or sweaty run.

The Nike Pegasus Trail is one of seven Nike Trail footwear models, serving a wide range of athlete needs across varying terrains.

Weight: W8 (243g); M10 (300g)

Stack Height (M10): 37mm

Offset/drop: 9.5mm

Lug height depth: 3.5mm
These are nice

https://media-assets.nike.com/en/pi...t-and-confidence-to-tackle-any-trail-anywhere

zegama-2-profile-0246.jpeg

The new Nike Zegama 2 is must-have for trails runners who constantly push the limits on what they can do and demand more out of their gear, too. The updates made to Nike Trail's max-cushioning shoe was focused on giving adventurous, high-mileage trail runners everything it takes to maintain that fresh-leg feeling on different terrains for any distance — including improved cushioning, support, stability and grip.

Over the last two years, Nike has teamed up with everyday and elite trail athletes across the globe, as well as Vibram® to dial in the fit, function and feel of the new Zegama 2. It was wear-tested more during its development process than any other Nike trail shoe ever.

The tops of the tongues on the new Nike Zegama 2 tell you everything about the grit, endurance and potential of the shoe and the athletes who wear them: All Day, All Night.

The new Nike Zegama 2 is available for purchase beginning in May 2024.

History
Finding a shoe that strikes the perfect balance between providing the cushioning you want and the stability you need has proven to be the ultimate challenge for trail runners across the globe. The more miles and time you put on the trail, the more comfort you crave — especially in longer runs and ultramarathons that span hours, and even days. And the more technical the terrain becomes, the more support you require.

Paying homage to the iconic Spanish village that hosts one of the most iconic trail running festivals in the world, in 2022 Nike Trail introduced the Nike Zegama — a rugged, max cushioned shoe that brought ZoomX (the company’s lightest, most responsive foam, with the highest energy return) to the trails for the first time. The Nike Zegama’s higher stack height, built-in stability and added durability was designed to help athletes comfortably and confidently go the distance.

Innovation

Nike continues to innovate to serve runners’ needs today and into the future — no matter how far, fast or off the beaten path they go.

An extensive development process began in 2021, relying heavily on the voice of trail runners to inform, test and provide feedback on the next iteration of the Nike Zegama — many times on runs lasting over 100 miles. Elite athletes on the Nike Trail team and everyday trail runners around the world logged more than 35,000 total miles (more than 56,000 total kilometers) throughout the development of the Zegama 2 — the highest cumulative wear-tested mileage ever for a Nike Trail shoe — both in the Nike Sports Research Lab and on trails and in races across Europe and the U.S.

Nike Trail designers, developers and engineers kept everything runners loved but made adjustments to enhance the benefits of every key component in the shoe, without adding unnecessary weight.

• A new engineered, lightweight mesh upper ensures runners’ feet get the proper amount of structure, containment and midfoot support for a locked-in fit without limiting flexibility. What’s new: Composed of a single layer of durable, fully engineered mesh, the new upper also has a vamp liner to increase breathability and drainability.

• Its stacked Nike ZoomX midsole is light, responsive and offers runners our highest energy return foam when going the distance. What’s new: The midsole is encapsulated in a thin, stiff, durable SR02 carrier that better protects the soft foam from the exterior elements on the trail while preserving all the desired cushioning — plus adding stability — on the interior. There’s also a little more foam underfoot in this model.

• The Zegama 2’s wide footbed provides instant comfort and stability. What’s new: A wider, more anatomically correct footbed allows for the innate expansion of runners’ feet over the miles.

• An all-new Vibram® Megagrip outsole enhances traction, stability and durability to withstand potential elements on the trail — rocks, mud, water, roots and everything else. What’s new: Nike collaborated with Vibram® to create an all-new custom rubber outsole with multi-directional lugs, inspired by the company’s original Waffle design, for the Zegama 2. Compared to the original outsole, it offers enhanced traction on various terrains.

Inspired by Nature

The style and design of Nike’s Trail footwear ties into the season’s trail apparel collection, highlighting a performance patchwork concept that brings different materials, textures and colors to life, with natural and asymmetrical finishes. The initial colorways of the Nike Zegama 2 coming in Spring 2024 draw inspiration from the various scenes, terrains and environments runners encounter on their trail adventures around the world.

Nike Trail Athlete Quotes

“The Nike Zegama 2 perfectly balances the cushioning and responsiveness I need for longer distances with the stability to tackle more challenging terrain — and still feels fast.”

-Erin Clark, Nike Trail Athlete

“This update maintains all the unique characteristics of the original Nike Zegama — like its snappy responsiveness and soft underfoot cushioning — but adds more stability and traction, so I can tackle more technical terrain with speed and confidence.”

-Erin Clark, Nike Trail Athlete

“The Nike Zegama 2 is my do-it-all shoe. Regardless of the surface I’m tackling or the distance I’m running, I know it will give me a comfortable, stable ride. I’ve tested it on long runs, fast runs, technical runs — and everything in between — and this shoe always makes me feel more confident over the miles.”

-Tyler Green, Nike Trail Athlete

“One of the best things about the Nike Zegama 2 is that it holds onto everything that’s great about the first version of the shoe, which runners already love, but it also improves our stability and grip.”

-Tyler Green, Nike Trail Athlete

Product Details

Weight:
M10 (320g), W8 (264g)

Stack Height: Forefoot: W8 (31mm); M10 (32mm); Heel: W8 (35mm); M10 (36mm)

Offset/drop: 4mm

Lug Height: 4mm
These are dope!

Is that gonna be $100 or under? I thought Nike stopped using Lunar except in low -tier shoes and I also thought Nike had re-named it to Renew foam as well.

Is that gonna be $100 or under? I thought Nike stopped using Lunar except in low -tier shoes and I also thought Nike had re-named it to Renew foam as well.

$150 retail is what i've been seeing so will cop once they fall under the inevitable deep discount

Lunarlon making its way back full circle
Can't wait to see the press release where they will say it's a 2.0 version where it's been reengineered, and it won't bottom out. Kind of like cushlon 3.0 in basketball shoes, when there was never any knowledge of cushlon 2.0, in the first place. SMH.

Can't wait to see the press release where they will say it's a 2.0 version where it's been reengineered, and it won't bottom out. Kind of like cushlon 3.0 in basketball shoes, when there was never any knowledge of cushlon 2.0, in the first place. SMH.
Technically Cushlon ST has been renamed Cushlon 2.0

Peg Trail 4 or Peg Trail 4 Gortex?

Reading and looking back through the pages, it seems like there's a good representation of both models.

I want to pick up one of these two models while they're on sale. Likely to use them for a little trail walking/hiking with the wife, but nothing too crazy or strenuous.

Peg Trail 4 or Peg Trail 4 Gortex?

Reading and looking back through the pages, it seems like there's a good representation of both models.

I want to pick up one of these two models while they're on sale. Likely to use them for a little trail walking/hiking with the wife, but nothing too crazy or strenuous.

if you're down to wait till next year, the peg trail 5 looks nice

but if youd rather grab now cause of sale, you cant go wrong with either. silo of the GTX version is nicer imo and you get the added benefit of keep the feet dry in the rain if you have to deal with that at the slight sacrifice of breathability.

if you're down to wait till next year, the peg trail 5 looks nice

but if youd rather grab now cause of sale, you cant go wrong with either. silo of the GTX version is nicer imo and you get the added benefit of keep the feet dry in the rain if you have to deal with that at the slight sacrifice of breathability.

Yeah, I don't mind being behind a model if it'll save some coins lol. These are more for knockaround purposes than anything else.

Thank you for the input. Leaning towards the Gortex pair, even if it seems they only do a moderate job at handling wetness, based off what I've garnered here.

Back
Top Bottom