Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

I think this is probably what the consensus will be. I haven't seen much change in the Peg from one generation to the next. I'm sure if I ran in the 35 (a fave of mine) vs the 41, I could probably tell a bigger difference. But apart from some forefoot Zoom weirdness here and there, it's basically been the same. Not a bad thing if you like it! But if you're ready for something a bit more different without messing with the fit, it can be disappointing (I'm def in this camp).

i'd argue and say that from 37/38 to 39/40 that there were improvements with the peg - react foam was much more soft/plush out the box and enjoyable to me

with pricing increasing each year, I can't find any reason for me to have the pegasus in my running rotation when the other brands offer way better shoes at a similar/lower pricepoint.

peg41volt.jpg

i'd argue and say that from 37/38 to 39/40 that there were improvements with the peg - react foam was much more soft/plush out the box and enjoyable to me

with pricing increasing each year, I can't find any reason for me to have the pegasus in my running rotation when the other brands offer way better shoes at a similar/lower pricepoint.

THIS.

I haven’t really run in the Pegasus line for a while now, as my affinity for the line really dwindled after the 34. The 33 (my GOAT of the Peg line) and 34 had the sweet spot for me with feel and tech. I have the 40s, but I haven’t run in them yet lol.

Similarly to you, I veered away from the Swoosh for my daily trainers. Currently, I’ve been throughly enjoying the NovaBlast 3 and 4.

On a side note, I do enjoy (casually) wearing the Peg Trail line (starting with the 2 up to the 4). They’re so comfy for me. With that, I’m looking forward to trying the 5s.

My fave was the Peg 34, the 35 was good with the full length zoom but was very narrow, I hated the 37 (first one with react) and 39 was meh (couldnt and still cant feel the zoom bags at all). I started with the 32, that shoe was a tank only thing that deteriorated was the sole after like 2 years of wearing and you could feel the heel zoom.

Hoeaux just came in. I gotta say they look and feel more premium than ever. Fit is 1:1, heel feels chunkier and nicer than before, cushion not really squishy but nice, definitely better than the 39 (I skipped the 40 but thats the same set up), forefoot is meh, not a lot of squish there, nice soft upper, tongue feels soft. Nothing groundbreaking but a nice addition

Attachments

• IMG_20240525_221225.jpg
    IMG_20240525_221225.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_20240525_221106.jpg
    IMG_20240525_221106.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 299
By that do you mean the fit or the Zoom?

The forefoot Zoom is honestly the main component I care about in the road Peg.
Fit is great in every way not narrow anywhere, I meant the cushion in the forefoot. Its not bouncy and I cant feel the zoom at all there. Running might be different of course, I was just walking around my house

Ok took them out for a brisk 3 mile walk and these are the best Pegs since the 35/36. Both zoom bags are very prominent which wasnt the case at all in the 39 and 37 for me. I think everyone will be satisfied by the 41

suppose to be the new pegasus turbo but its been renamed as the pegasus plus
Thanks...If I had only looked a couple pages back before asking I wouldn't have posted...LoL...I think I'm going to wait for these instead of the reg Peg 41...It looks like these will come out in July...

Ok took them out for a brisk 3 mile walk and these are the best Pegs since the 35/36. Both zoom bags are very prominent which wasnt the case at all in the 39 and 37 for me. I think everyone will be satisfied by the 41
35's are goated for me. Went through countless 5k's, 6 half's and one full marathon in my 4+ pairs of 35's. Havent been back to the Pegs since. Might have to give these a try

I wanted the 41s in that Volt cw... then I just remembered that I have the 40s in a Volt cw already. SMH. The green outsole on the 40s makes me prefer them over the 41s in the Volt cw.

pegasus-40-womens-green.jpg

Will hold off the 41s until a cw that I really like pops up.

Back
Top Bottom