Nike Air Speed Nubby 5/8

Got these through Nike Special Orders. They are a promotional shoe offered to NCAA and NFL teams. They will not be a general release. The 5/8 cut is the old"mid" cut that the older Astro Grabbers were made in (late 90s/early 2000s in the hayday of the Nike football turf shoe era). These kicks look greatand are ultra-comfortable. Just like the old Astro Grabber line, easily the best cross-trainers out there. I wish Nike would start remaking football turfshoes using Zoom Air (which these are).

Ahhh NUBBY looks soo nice on trainers compaired to the new all black rubber sole. Nice lookin turfs BTW!
What do you mean by Nike Special orders?

Yeah, I worked out in them yesterday. Just like the old Astro Grabber/Jet Turf/DBL Go turfs, they are ultra-comfortable. I wish Nike would start retroingsome of their older turf models like the Jet Turf and DBL Go, those kicks were some of the best shoes ever made. I don't play competitive footballanymore, but I work out a lot and Nike football turf shoes are the most comfortable and functional cross-trainers out there.

Nike Special Orders is 1-888-365-6453. They have a special orders warehouse which has a lot of different colorways that are never released to the public. Just know the SKU number of the shoe and they will tell you all the available color codes. To give you an example, the Nike Air Super Speed is on Eastbay inin 5 different colors. However, Nike made it in 9 different colorways. The only way to get the other 4 colorways is through Nike Special Orders.

good look with the specials orders #... what is the sku for the SPEED NUBBY 5/8.. shoes is sick.. also do you have any other sku's for turf shoes..(air maxsuper bad..)

thx

The Speed Nubby 5/8 SKU is 318977....it comes in like 8 or 9 colors...for the color codes, just go to Eastbay and click on the Speed TD that comes in 8 or 9color codes, the color code is the last 3 digits in the product number and the Speed Nubby 5/8 is made in every color code that the Speed TD is.

The Air Max Super Bad isn't a "real" turf shoe as it is way too heavy to wear while playing sports. It weighs almost 19 ounces.

I may try to find a pair of these. I got to hold a pair recently, seem really nice and light. I would go on and call, but it looks like I'll have access tothese pretty soon. Signing day is tomorrow and my school has them! Pretty sick.

thanks again.. gonna call tmorrow, any other shoes you got from them or plan to get, been out of the loop for awhile tryin to get back again.

how much did those run?
been looking for true turf shoes since the OG zoom blades

They were $88 including shipping. It only took 3 days to get to me. If you have family members who work for Nike they only run about $40.

once again, thanks bro i ordered 2 pair of the speed nubby 5/8's.....can you hook a brother up with some more possible football turf shoes (SKU'S) ifyou know anymore..
thx

What color of the Speed Nubbies did you get?

The other turf shoes are the Nike Super Speed, SKU# 324833. They have them on Eastbay in 6 colors, the other 4 color codes are through Special Orders.

soooooo nice i love turfs so much scooped 2 pairs of zoom turf trainers (sanders) from outlets, also got vick 2 and 3 (wish they made some succesor to the vickline since they were all sick), as well as the low top version of these (normal ones from eastbay)

i might need to do an order of these in either orange or maroon, they are just soo nice. they are $88 though?

soooooo nice i love turfs so much scooped 2 pairs of zoom turf trainers (sanders) from outlets, also got vick 2 and 3 (wish they made some succesor to the vickline since they were all sick), as well as the low top version of these (normal ones from eastbay)

i might need to do an order of these in either orange or maroon, they are just soo nice. they are $88 though?

Originally Posted by bigosufan

Yeah, I worked out in them yesterday. Just like the old Astro Grabber/Jet Turf/DBL Go turfs, they are ultra-comfortable. I wish Nike would start retroing some of their older turf models like the Jet Turf and DBL Go, those kicks were some of the best shoes ever made. I don't play competitive football anymore, but I work out a lot and Nike football turf shoes are the most comfortable and functional cross-trainers out there.

Nike Special Orders is 1-888-365-6453. They have a special orders warehouse which has a lot of different colorways that are never released to the public. Just know the SKU number of the shoe and they will tell you all the available color codes. To give you an example, the Nike Air Super Speed is on Eastbay in in 5 different colors. However, Nike made it in 9 different colorways. The only way to get the other 4 colorways is through Nike Special Orders.

does this work in canada also? just wondering

Nubby bottoms tend to be really slippery, so i don't think they would be good for basketball.

For the guy wondering about Nike Special Orders shipping to Canada, just call them up and ask them.

I know the Speed Turf Nubby does come in 2 orange colors- "desert orange" which is basically University of Texas orange and "orange flash",which is bright orange like Oklahoma State wears.

Quick question for you guys, whats the difference between the speed and the super speed? (apart from the look of them) also, on eastbay there are D and TDvariations, are these different variations available in the nubbys?

Im seriously interested in some white/orange nubbys, is anyone able to help me out as im not un the US or canada
frown.gif

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom