Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

Blue toes lookin rough, dont even want the Nike designer to see this thread. Someone send the link to their boss. This needs to be reflected in their performance review.

For some reason, the leather tongues offend me most. Don’t own a single pair of AMs that have leather tongues. Saaaaawinggggg and a miss.

(unless they go on deep deep discount)

The guy definitely needs to be fired. Just doesn’t make logical business sense at this point. They could’ve easily used the cheaper felt material and saved themselves money by simply making the shoe the way it’s supposed to be made. Would’ve sold just good as the other OG cw if not better. By doing this all they do is piss off the people who were actually interested enough to buy these, so they wont sell as well as they could’ve. Nike also loses money on production materials (wasteful) and the shoe flops when it easily didn’t have to.

Damn, I just noticed the leather on the tongue smh...... it’s like they ran out of materials at the factory and last ditch was just to do leather. Either that or the designer working on the shoe didn’t know what the hell they were doing

I don’t hate them as much as I thought I would , they are perfect rain beaters

I have decided to sent both of them back to the store, I had a look in my closet and I have enough other pairs to function as beaters. The more I looked at these Structures the more I saw I didn't like. Side effect is that I'm even more happier with my blacktoes after these. :emoji_grinning:

Does the box call them OG’s like the teals, hope not. Literally everything on the shoe that’s leather was supposed to be felt or suede, whatever it’s called. IMO, these make the teals even more desirable since they did them right.

No, the box does not call them OG's. That's the only thing we can't blaim Nike for

The guy definitely needs to be fired. Just doesn’t make logical business sense at this point. They could’ve easily used the cheaper felt material and saved themselves money by simply making the shoe the way it’s supposed to be made. Would’ve sold just good as the other OG cw if not better. By doing this all they do is piss off the people who were actually interested enough to buy these, so they wont sell as well as they could’ve. Nike also loses money on production materials (wasteful) and the shoe flops when it easily didn’t have to.
“That’s some bullllshiiit Ilado”

For the next time nike nike :

DSC_7267.jpg

DSC_7269.jpg
DSC_7272.jpg
DSC_7273.jpg

not getting the persian violet but i did finally put the review together for the neo teal. more views + on feet in the vid:

Do you notice any difference in sizing/fit with the fake leather toebox of the grey/navy/citron cw you reviewed earlier?

Do you notice any difference in sizing/fit with the fake leather toebox of the grey/navy/citron cw you reviewed earlier?
Not really
I would say this is not a shoe that you want to overthink. If you don’t like the leather look then that’s a valid reason to skip the leather pairs altogether. But if you don’t give a crap then I don’t think the fit is going to be so different that you are going to think “oh my God why didn’t someone tell me about this?!?”

unless you are one of those guys that loves to rock their pair super snug I’m sure if your toes were bashing up against the leather is not gonna feel as good as the felt, but if you just wear a regular fit like everyone else then it’s a non-issue

Not really
I would say this is not a shoe that you want to overthink. If you don’t like the leather look then that’s a valid reason to skip the leather pairs altogether. But if you don’t give a crap then I don’t think the fit is going to be so different that you are going to think “oh my God why didn’t someone tell me about this?!?”

unless you are one of those guys that loves to rock their pair super snug I’m sure if your toes were bashing up against the leather is not gonna feel as good as the felt, but if you just wear a regular fit like everyone else then it’s a non-issue
Thanks. I think I'm sort of inbetween TTS and .5 down on these infrareds, a bit annoying. So I was thinking the fake leather will not break in as easily as the felt.

I like watching your videos. I think a lot of these shoe review vids are always close to corny/cheesy/cringy but not yours. Keep up the good work. :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks. I think I'm sort of inbetween TTS and .5 down on these infrareds, a bit annoying. So I was thinking the fake leather will not break in as easily as the felt.

I like watching your videos. I think a lot of these shoe review vids are always close to corny/cheesy/cringy but not yours. Keep up the good work. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks! Yeah for the most part I find these to fit kind of roomy but it might just be my foot shape

Kinda odd that Nike did the straight-across lacing on a lot of their ads back then. Haven’t ever laced my sneaks that way, but I’d imagine it wouldn’t be very secure (considering most of their shoes back then were meant for performance not “lifestyle” as they use these days).

Admittedly the Air Structure by design has that strong early 90s vibe, but that white/grey/royal/teal/pink colorway above just screams jogging with a Walkman wearing some big ole socks. Could easily see Seinfeld rocking a pair for That foot race on the street.

EEFF3B1B-36C8-4C29-A368-7809D59CB146.jpeg

Kinda odd that Nike did the straight-across lacing on a lot of their ads back then. Haven’t ever laced my sneaks that way, but I’d imagine it wouldn’t be very secure (considering most of their shoes back then were meant for performance not “lifestyle” as they use these days).

I have laced my sneakers that way back in the days simply because Nike did it that way in the brochures but it didn't work at all! You have to lace them under the tongue to get that same effect so you will feel that at the inside on your feet. Besides that you can't pull the laces in a normal way.

Last edited:
“Way back in the days” -> pensioner indeed, surprised you didn’t walk around barefoot uphill both ways :smile:

(pretty sure I’m over median age on here at this point, too)

Will have a video up soon reviewing both individually with side by sides but I didn’t have the same issue as someone else in this thread with the fat toe box so I’ll be keeping these. Disappointed with the leather on the toe tongue and mesh sock liner but none of it worthy of abandoning the release all together -Atleast for me-
82AC801D-FF65-4E79-BA85-0B39871E04A2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom