Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

I remember the ’08 release was very limited, bought my first pair at Alife and then the second one at West. MSRP back then was $105 but I remember paying a little more at West, maybe 125?

Never saw these at bigger retailers back then.

Actually they were in a way discounted on NDC when it released ..... I remember it being a QS release, random time in the afternoon and Nike.com was having a 20% off $100 order......picked up 2 pairs which I still wear from time to time....very hard to clean unless you put it on a pillowcase and washer which I cant do now because of the paint chipping.....one of my fave model but I think I'l pass on this one.

Last edited:
Random, David Rubenstein’s shoe of choice:
F637EEE5-FCDC-4FFF-A811-C9DD9F460299.jpeg

source:

So these are GR’s?

🔥

Yes, I'd imagine so, as the last two retros in 1991 and 2008 were as well. Also $130 bucks! I don't usually double up, but with these I definitely will. The colorway is one of my favorites of all time.

It’s a def double up if they fixed the issues. If they are as cheap as before and barely any comfort it won’t be worth the double up cause they won’t get worn often.

I'm a sucker for Infrared, as Nike only busts out that color for special events, so it seems. Any OG Infrared that gets released is a must cop in my book.😉

View attachment 2738555

Forgive the blurryness of the photo (and the 70's shag carpet 😌, but here are some of my "brighter" sneakers. The lighting doesn't do the flyknit Persian Violet any justice (which I doubled up on and work out in) but here are the 2nd Air Structure Triax 91 that were released in April '08. I had the OG but sold them (long, sad story 😔) but I kept these in immaculate condition, as I rarely wear them and get mad compliments when I do. Women really dig them, as you don't really see retros with such a 'wild' colorway.

Love those

Back
Top Bottom