Nike Air Trainer 1 "Safari" Vol. OG Safari (Via: KixandtheCity.com)

Any tips on getting the '87s at a good price would be appreciated.

Forgot about the release. Called West the next morning and they were already done. Would love the 87s, but not willing to pay and arm and a leg to get them.

^ what size do you need BIP?
9.5 would be preferable. Could swing anything in the 9 - 10 range though.
I have an extra pair, but unfortunately not those sizes.  Sorry boss.

And am I the only one keeping an eye on NDC daily to see if they all of a sudden pop back up?  I can't figure out why they've had the 87s up since the botched release date, yet they've been sold out forever.  Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I'm smelling some type of restock.  

I have an extra pair, but unfortunately not those sizes.  Sorry boss.

And am I the only one keeping an eye on NDC daily to see if they all of a sudden pop back up?  I can't figure out why they've had the 87s up since the botched release date, yet they've been sold out forever.  Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I'm smelling some type of restock.  

Thanks for inquiring at least.

Yeah, I was quite surprised how well these did. I'll look for a restock too.

Thanks for inquiring at least.
Yeah, I was quite surprised how well these did. I'll look for a restock too.

I think people are under estimating how limited these were NTLV had very limited #'s on both these and the 87's. I know for a fact they only had two 10.5's in the trainers

I think people are under estimating how limited these were NTLV had very limited #'s on both these and the 87's. I know for a fact they only had two 10.5's in the trainers

Or, perhaps we underestimated how thirsty people are for shoes with a "limited" tag.

If these were GRs, they would have sat like bricks. I stocked up on the Mowabb 87s in like 2004 at the outlets for 24.99 - there were tons of them.

I'm not accusing anybody here of only chasing because of limited-ness, but either Nike actually got the demand forecast close to correct, or the pretenders struck again. I was kind of anticipating this was going to be like the Trainer SC 2 QS retro, but I guess I guessed wrong. Oh well. I'll find them for a good price eventually.

For those looking, Shelflife Online Store having sale on the Safari range!

Nike Air Trainer 1 Safari

https://www.shelflife.co.za/products/Nike-Air-Trainer-1-Safari-Mid-Premium-NRG/1

&

Nike Air Max 1 Safari

https://www.shelflife.co.za/products/Nike-Air-Max-1-Safari-NRG/1

booom let da discounts begin 
happy.gif

Or, perhaps we underestimated how thirsty people are for shoes with a "limited" tag.
If these were GRs, they would have sat like bricks. I stocked up on the Mowabb 87s in like 2004 at the outlets for 24.99 - there were tons of them.
I'm not accusing anybody here of only chasing because of limited-ness, but either Nike actually got the demand forecast close to correct, or the pretenders struck again. I was kind of anticipating this was going to be like the Trainer SC 2 QS retro, but I guess I guessed wrong. Oh well. I'll find them for a good price eventually.

I really hope these end up being just like the Trainer SC 2 QS, when they first hit it was a scramble to find them, but after a few months it seems like more shops got them in and the price started dropping below retail.

Good looks on the ZA shop. But, 1199 and 1399 Rand, respectively plus shipping from South Africa is going to bring each pair to above $200 each. That's more than I'm willing to pay. I do have a ton of business connects in South Africa, but if they're not coming to my office anytime soon, that doesn't really help much.

haha tell them to visit you! :wink: not really over 200, the 87 will be about 200$ including shipping, and then air trainers will be $180 :tongue: but yeah hopefully you come right man! :smile: 

I was actually able to scoop the 87s, thanks to the help of of one the posters in this thread. Thanks a lot!

One of the low-key better releases of the year, IMO.

Is this the right thread to ask about the Nike Air Safari Premium NRG, the "Great Britian" ones?

Is this the right thread to ask about the Nike Air Safari Premium NRG, the "Great Britian" ones?

There hasn't been a thread about them, if you're looking for them in the US start calling around, my local shop got them in over the weekend and supplies were supposedly kind of tight on them. I'd like to get a pair of the mostly black ones if for nothing else than to jack the safari laces from them, but spending 90 on a pair of laces when I could just order from this little shop in France is a bit much.

What's a good/average price for the 87s in a size 10.5/11? I couldn't find them anywhere when released and I'm not a big fan of shopping on eBay (not sure what's fake and not). Any help with location, website, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom