Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

to some degree, it's this shoe here
1988%20Air%20Trainer%201%20Low.jpg

But then the back heel cut below the swoosh is that air cross trainer low we've been wanting for 30 years.
1989%20Air-Cross-Trainer-Low-fire-Red--Black-6466-6467-1large.jpg

I know many women's stylings of the late 80s had at1 highs without the straps so this appears like a real hybird.

What's the official name?
Give me something basic and not outlandish with the outrigger and in back to buying baby.

I'll need to investigate. There has to be a model that has the at1 low forefoot elements and the heel 'at3' styling frame around the swoosh. I just can't pinpoint the exact trainer. This is a true blend fellas. maybe there is hope.

hunch was right. Spotted this catalog scan
1591409266574.jpeg

Non air. Cross trainer low/high.

There was also a air cross trainer low/high that appears to have the at3 outsole and midsole.
1591409366296.jpeg

I think it's first photo.

How or why they chose the most random NON air second or third tier model to retro over hundreds of others, I haven't a clue

We have yet to have a proper chlorophyll at1 since 2000 and you're ***** footing around with colored outrigger crap?

What's with that Nike retro?

It's reminds me of the at1 low varsity reds in the worst possible quality imaginable from a few years back.

I don't get these guys.

First retro of the cross trainer low ever and it's a colored outrigger? I'm just beyond words on their decision making.

Last edited:
hunch was right. Spotted this catalog scan
Non air. Cross trainer low/high.

There was also a air cross trainer low/high that appears to have the at3 outsole and midsole.

I think it's first photo.

How or why they chose the most random NON air second or third tier model to retro over hundreds of others, I haven't a clue

We have yet to have a proper chlorophyll at1 since 2000 and you're ***** footing around with colored outrigger crap?

What's with that Nike retro?

It's reminds me of the at1 low variety reds in the worst possible quality imaginable from a few years back.

I don't get these guys.

First retro of the cross trainer low ever and it's a colored outrigger? I'm just beyond words on their decision making.

Correct. This pair is from Nike’s “Core ” team (think Kohl/Monarchs etc)- which makes this pair a step up for that group. Materials isn’t too much different from the recent Cross Trainer retro.

No

trainers
cross trainers
multi trainers
air liners
or anything else but the

1988 AIR CROSS TRAINER (LOW)

colorways 6463 - 6468 (yall can keep the second batch of color/style codes)

If you can read this and are fluent enough to understand this completely - then JUST DO IT

are they trying to gain some air monarch traction? Why is a third tier trainer even on the radar in the slightest? They have no clue what we want lol.

Reminds me of those women's air trainer E hybrids from a few years back. Of all things to recreate, they do that one? Lol.

Last edited:
they gonna do us like the tw II? :stoneface:
tw 1 or tw 2, it's been how long since those supreme tws? And nothing legit since ? Or ever on a retro front.

Are cross trainers the most neglected, yet supremely, popular lineup ever? How are we getting Marino's and Sanders turf trainers but this whole 88-91 element is extinct?

are they trying to gain some air monarch traction? Why is a third tier trainer even on the radar in the slightest? They have no clue what we want lol.

Reminds me of those women's air trainer E hybrids from a few years back. Of all things to recreate, they do that one? Lol.

Core is their biggest business, but it isn’t really footwear for us here on NTrs, but they are adding some styles that we could wear without looking like the people forcing themselves to wear Monarchs. Good price point and a decent colorway- can’t go wrong with that.

True. Tinker gets credit but at its core, many of these trainers have the air Jordan or dunk lineage. Simple lines. Huge swoosh. I hope we can return to that on an affordability front.

Was white/grey/purple/orange more of a bo Jackson ode?

I'm still annoyed that we got those, IMO, awful Supreme AT1 TW's, but that was it... :rolleyes

Had the AF3 escapes, first time parents got my 2 pairs for a single school year. Think the other was the FRIV but my memory is fuzzy, great times baby

i think the TW is lost cause. can't see them "wasting" energy and resources doing them justice when the Trainer category is a low-ranking priority.

I'll consider those lows on sale. I like the color scheme (looks Auburn SCish), but I already know to keep the expectations low for materials. As long as they keep producing them w crap, I gotta keep buying on clearance, just off the principle lol

i think the TW is lost cause. can't see them "wasting" energy and resources doing them justice when the Trainer category is a low-ranking priority.

I'll consider those lows on sale. I like the color scheme (looks Auburn SCish), but I already know to keep the expectations low for materials. As long as they keep producing them w crap, I gotta keep buying on clearance, just off the principle lol
before it got deleted; I saw the NIKE on the heel but no air below it, so I had a feeling it would be budget bound. They haven't done a non air Nike at1 since the late 80s. Like really, they're doing some major things design wise for a low tier $50 shoe. I can't wrap my head around the thought process.

Now luckily the difference between a $40 Nike and a $90 Nike isnt much; so a budget trainer could work.

Couldn't be worse than this
1591493814088.jpeg

Like who asked for the cement/elephant print on a low, when everyone just wants the real deal.

In related news, here's an old screenshot from an old Nike ad. I can't find the source at the moment. Taking you back to 1988
1591493894781.jpeg

And this one
1591493939479.jpeg

I've probably shared before but good to see again.

Original colorways please Nike. White grey blue. What's so complicated? They prefected the viotech hues and colors.

before it got deleted; I saw the NIKE on the heel but no air below it, so I had a feeling it would be budget bound. They haven't done a non air Nike at1 since the late 80s. Like really, they're doing some major things design wise for a low tier $50 shoe. I can't wrap my head around the thought process.

Now luckily the difference between a $40 Nike and a $90 Nike isnt much; so a budget trainer could work.

Couldn't be worse than this
1591493814088.jpeg

Like who asked for the cement/elephant print on a low, when everyone just wants the real deal.

In related news, here's an old screenshot from an old Nike ad. I can't find the source at the moment. Taking you back to 1988
1591493894781.jpeg

And this one
1591493939479.jpeg

I've probably shared before but good to see again.

Original colorways please Nike. White grey blue. What's so complicated? They prefected the viotech hues and colors.
i had a pic from a different world showing dwayne wayne wearing the white navy pair. lemme find it

spotted this via Google
1591502718707.jpeg

Perforated leather on point too.

The GD Nike CROSS TRAINER LOW is back before so many others.

Easy basic trainer buy right there. On sale for $55 shipped is where's I'd like this.

The colored outrigger I can deal with since they went barebones OG with the upper blocking. Color me slightly amused and impressed.

Back
Top Bottom