Nike Air Tuned Max retro in 2019?

Hopefully we will se a retro of this in 2019 as it's the 20th anniversary. I noticed there wasn't a thread dedicated to the shoe yet.

Skepta-Air-Max-97-Ultra-16_73235.jpg

Here's an old ad I don't think would have passed the PC test today though:

url.jpg.jpeg

Don’t think they’ll bring it back due to the air unit costing too much as it’s not an easy one like the 97 to create

Im afraid so, yet back when these hit the market there was obviously no cost problems plus there was hundreds of other designs/ models with different techs / materials being pumped out on the market yearly. Times have surely changed, these days they wont even think twice about releasing a model if theyre not convinced it will become a hit among the social media trend hoppers .

Im afraid so, yet back when these hit the market there was obviously no cost problems plus there was hundreds of other designs/ models with different techs / materials being pumped out on the market yearly. Times have surely changed, these days they wont even think twice about releasing a model if theyre not convinced it will become a hit among the social media trend hoppers .

Same reason we’ll never see the 98TL again, which is a shame as like you said back then they had so many different sole units to choose from I think that unless they have an air unit that can be used on more than one model (97/98 for example and the Vapormax air unit which is getting rinsed out on everything)

I cant believe they put a blow up doll in an ad :lol: I pray these find a way to release and arent super hard to get. This is easily a top 5 Air Max shoe for me. I was dying for the color changing ones for a while and ended up getting the navy pair by luck in college.

Had a picture of the White/Grey on my wall in the 9th grade during the summer and by the time I saved up enough money to get them, they were gone.

Same reason we’ll never see the 98TL again, which is a shame as like you said back then they had so many different sole units to choose from I think that unless they have an air unit that can be used on more than one model (97/98 for example and the Vapormax air unit which is getting rinsed out on everything)
7cd80502e40eb9172982a97f9ffdd099--nike-compression-design-process.jpg

They must have the moulds for the air tuned max laying around somewhere. They need to let us vote for them for Air Max day whenever the next vote is.

Hopefully we will se a retro of this in 2019 as it's the 20th anniversary. I noticed there wasn't a thread dedicated to the shoe yet.

Skepta-Air-Max-97-Ultra-16_73235.jpg

Here's an old ad I don't think would have passed the PC test today though:

url.jpg.jpeg
Bought these in 99 wore to college (high school) for a week and returned them to store, $$$ was tight in those days.. this was such a unique colorway when it dropped

Why though? Retro of 95, 97, 98 and Deluxe have been fine.
Because they've always produced those soles, that's why they were fine. Besides the 95s - 97, 98, and Deluxe all use the same sole, so that's easy for them. But for the 20th anniversary of the 96, a shoe that was never retroed before, they gave us this:

nike-air-max-96-retro-2016-white-blue-neon-1.jpg

Instead of this:

Nike-Air-Max-96-Retro-For-2016.jpg

Even an AM95 sole would have been better than that travesty. The soles on a Air Tuned Max 99 is even more different than a 95, 97, 98, Deluxe. Hopefully someone at Nike is listening because I would love to own a proper retro of these.

Last edited:
Just saw loads of cws on a few reps sites.
Now that doesn't have to mean anything, but it also wouldn't be the first time that reps surface first and then the actual legit items.

Just saw loads of cws on a few reps sites.
Now that doesn't have to mean anything, but it also wouldn't be the first time that reps surface first and then the actual legit items.

You have the link????? Just show i can get an idea

Just search nike air tuned max 2019 on Google Images. They are awful. Don't say I didn't warn.
I also just saw AMP V5 fakes :smh:

Back
Top Bottom