Nike Air Up - These are due for a retro

i think the air bubble was a given. the change in materials and construction is another thing. will wait until we see production pairs. expecting the worst.

sick.gif
They look awful.  I know the samples can be a little different than the production pairs but the shape is not likely to change and thats the worst part IMO.  Maybe the materials will change but i'm not getting my hopes up...I've been waiting on these since forever.  I wanted them sooo bad in middle school but never had a pair of the OGs.  I won't be buying the retros if they come in that shape or these materials.  Yet another classic DESTROYED by NSW. Thanks, Gentry.

Last edited:
Original

Retro Sample

Looks like a totally different sneaker. Just with similar color blocking. Why don't they call it the Air Up+ or something. Do people wear the vac tech Barkley's for them to continue to do this. I keep telling myself to try them on to see how comfortable they are, but I can't even force myself to do that.

Yeah i was about to say the same, doesn't eem look like the same shoe.. material, shape, change of logos... turrible

was there an all black pair ? and a high top version ? I thought I remembered one ,but maybe I cam confusing all my penny shoes?

There was a black/dark grey pair that looked all black if you only gave em a quick glance. They were pretty hard too.

Last edited:
Been waiting for these since '94, sophmore year college.

Finally retro like this? what the hell is the extra lace hole at the top in the white?!??!

I will be thouroughly done with shoe collecting if this is what happens to this shoe. I'm old enough as it is, but this will be the nail in the coffin.

Been waiting for these since '94, sophmore year college.

I had these in '94 too when I was still a 9 1/2. Great sneaker to play ball in.

And the retro version looks a little higher cut. is that me or is that just an illusion?

I had these in '94 too when I was still a 9 1/2. Great sneaker to play ball in.

And the retro version looks a little higher cut. is that me or is that just an illusion?
Definitely higher cut, among other huge differences.  The cut is actually more similar to the OG women's version.  Wish I had a pic but I remember they were a little higher than the mens mids but lower than the mens hi version. 

I was hella excited, I literally screamed YES!!!!

Then I saw this pic and seems a material change was made to some seamless bull****
Really gonna hope that its just the sample pics that make them look bad. The Flight Ones and LWPs were done right (as right as retros can be done these days, anyway). For the Way Up to be so far off wouldn't make any sense, although Nike seems to have a bad habit of doing that. 

Somebody mentioned a pair of all black and high top versions. A.I. rocked a pair back in the G'Town era. Albeit they had a white swoosh, but ill nonetheless.

Can't wait for these!!! I had them back when I was 11 and I LOVED THESE SHOES!!! The wht/blk/blu is a must!

Every time I see the black/white/royal Air Ups I think of the 6:58 mark in this video.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom