Nike Air VaporMax

Just watched a vid on YouTube and the guy was trying to puncture the air bubble with a blade and he said it was pretty tough to do although he did cut it with enough pressure, so it seems like you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you're trying to damage it...

Do you guys really think Nike would put out a new halo product like the Vapormax only to have it pop from normal wear and tear?

Yes

This might be my last pair of Nike shoes I'll buy if they are too narrow. The last pair of Nikes that really fit my feet well was the Lunar Flyknit 3 in wide via NikeID. Every other Nike shoe I've bought since have been too tight and uncomfortable. Fortunately, adidas ultra boost and nmd has more room in the toebox for my wide feet. All of the wide options for running shoes are shoes I'm not interested in. I'm not interested in the pegasus, structure, and lunarglide shoes. I want the air max and lunarepic to offer wide options. I used to feel bad for ordering shoes then returning them because of nike's great 30 day return policy, but now I'm finding myself enjoying adidas and new balance more these days. Nike apparel is the only thing I'll continue to buy as long as the quality is still there.

That's news to me about Adidas because due to my wide feet, Ultra Boosts, even when sizing up always has my pinky toe sticking out.

The OP and blogs are listing the white/red as dropping on 3/26 but SNKRS only shows the platinum. What's the deal?

FKRs and LunarEpics are more narrow in the toe than UB but I've never had that issue with Air Max.

True, but because the UltraBoost has that plastic toe cap, it rubs right between my pinky toe and the next toe over essentially making that pinky toe pop out. Because of that, the feel of a FKR is better for my wide flat feet believe it or not.

Yo can someone help me.. I've done the 5k run today,, does this garuantee me a pair or do I just have a chance how does it work? and do I need to be on the website at midnight or?

This might be my last pair of Nike shoes I'll buy if they are too narrow. The last pair of Nikes that really fit my feet well was the Lunar Flyknit 3 in wide via NikeID. Every other Nike shoe I've bought since have been too tight and uncomfortable. Fortunately, adidas ultra boost and nmd has more room in the toebox for my wide feet. All of the wide options for running shoes are shoes I'm not interested in. I'm not interested in the pegasus, structure, and lunarglide shoes. I want the air max and lunarepic to offer wide options. I used to feel bad for ordering shoes then returning them because of nike's great 30 day return policy, but now I'm finding myself enjoying adidas and new balance more these days. Nike apparel is the only thing I'll continue to buy as long as the quality is still there.

toebox is wide; if you're high volume on your dorsal foot, it'll be kinda tight due to the flywire set-up

Yo can someone help me.. I've done the 5k run today,, does this garuantee me a pair or do I just have a chance how does it work? and do I need to be on the website at midnight or?

Could you give more info on what your talking g about?

Yeah , you see for the OG vapourmax Nike want you to download the Nike+run club and do a 5k run today, so I've done the run, but I can't work out if that 100% garuantees a pair or if it just gives me a chance?

Also , I don't know when to go on the Nike website as I have seen 2 different things, one says to go onto the Nike website to get them the day after the run, and another says to go onto the website on the 22nd? I'm just confused as Nike have gave very little
Info

True, but because the UltraBoost has that plastic toe cap, it rubs right between my pinky toe and the next toe over essentially making that pinky toe pop out. Because of that, the feel of a FKR is better for my wide flat feet believe it or not.
FKR can never fit my feet. LunarEpic 1.0 had wide sizes under the ID program, but the LunarEpic 2.0 offers no wide sizing. AirMax barely fits me. UB and NMD both fit me better. I have no problem with the cap. I have a professional shoe stretcher that can widen almost any shoe except ones like the kobe XI that had the fishing wire interwoven with the flyknit.

I'm hoping that vapormax will fit me if I can obtain one.

I really should just go NB. I never had problems with their running shoes except that they were much heavier than offerings from other companies. My idea type of shoe for my feet is a 4E to 6E motion control shoe. My feet got wider and wider as I aged and there are many shoes that I can no longer wear because it's way too tight. I have what people in Hawaii call "luau feet". I work from home and wear flip flops or slippers as people in Hawaii like to call them so our feet tend to get flatter and wider.

Last edited:
So what's the first retro AM that's gonna get VM treatment? And which do you think will look best with it?

I hope none gets the Vapor Max treatment. I find sole swaps/changes kind of lame. Each tech should be distinct in its own designs. Rarely do I find any hybrid of a shoe aesthetically appealing. Just IMO.

Everybody skeptical about the actual performance it seems but they said they did mad research and test so I'm inclined to believe this iteration might actually be good for running and I want to try it out.

Its the lightest and most flexible of all the air max shoes but I'd run with precaution. You do get about an inch lift from the ground so its less stable for long distance IMO.

I never run in Air Maxes and probably wont in the Vapors either. Looks mad comfortable to wear casually tho.

Back
Top Bottom